we have no choice

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Eunha's mother looked down at her daughter, seated next to the bed where her youngest daughter lay, lifeless, and pale. Caressing her face softly, she looked up at her husband.

"This isn't right."

"No, it isn't. But we have no choice."

"She's suffering, can't you see it? Look how pale her face is!"

Her father looked away, Eunha remained still. She had woken up earlier when Yuju and Sohyun had to leave, when her parents finally arrived. She had heard Sohyun telling them calmly about what had happened, and even put in some strong words about going to her faster. But her parents, did they really care for her? It sounded like they should have come a long time ago. She did not know what time it was, but, her arm hurt, it smelled like a hospital, and her parents thought she was asleep.

"I can see! I'm not blind. But there's nothing else we can do to help her."

What did he mean? Wasn't the bump on her neck practically harmless besides being annoying and itchy and a little painful? Eunha held still and didn't ask, keeping up her act of being asleep.

"Honey, at least we can prescribe her something right?"

"Are you asking to kill her? No! She can't have medicine this young, it'll ruin her before that does."

But medicine was supposed to save people, not kill.

"All we can do it help her through this, she won't die, as long as we get through this. Just hang in there darling, if our daughter can hold on, you can too."

"Going to work was a mistake, tell them I'm taking the week off."

"Of course."

Eunha felt her mother kiss her forehead, blinking her eyes, she looked at her mother.

"Eunbi ah, you're awake. We were so worried when the daycare called."

"Omma, this isn't the daycare."

"No, baby, you're in the hospital."

"Because you didn't come to the daycare fast enough. Did you even come?"

The couple looked to each other.

"We...we were on the way."

"Liar."

Eunha took her hand from her mother's hold. It stung as she jostled the tubes going in her arm, but it was better than holding hands with a liar.

"Yuna was here wasn't she?"

"Baby, you're misunderstanding something here."

"Misunderstanding what? You didn't think anything was serious up until the moment I ended up here! Bring me Yuna!"

Eunha crossed her arms, wincing as the back of her left hand stung, but still, held position. Only when her parents left the room did she look back. Frowning, she sighed.

"If you stayed, I would have apologized."

Looking down at her hands, Eunha teared up.

"If you had stayed, you wouldn't be a liar."

Her teardrops fell to her palms below as she sobbed by herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*knock knock*

"Who is it?"

The door opened and in walked a haggard couple. Yujin sat up straighter, who were these people? Spotting Yuju jumping off the couch, she watched them carefully.

"Hello, we are Eunbi's parents."

"Did you see Eunha? Did she wake?"

Yuju stood before them, brave.

"Eunha?"

"My wife! Jung Eunbi, nicknamed Eunha! Because she is my universe and back!"

Yujin smiled a little, since when was her baby sister such a romantic? Looking back up at the adults however, her smile dropped.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Mister? Miss? You seem to be guilty of something."

Sohyun stood up and blocked Yujin with her hand, standing between them, she nodded to the other, she had this.

"I warned you earlier didn't I? I arrived at the daycare way after they called you, I rushed her to the hospital when you didn't come. She probably woke up and noticed didn't she?"

Yuju looked at Sohyun, studying her posture. Squaring her shoulders and clenching her jaw, she copied Sohyun's powerful stance. She glared up at Eunha's parents.

"We know, we were wrong. But she wants a Yuna to go see her."

"Me? I'm going!"

"Wait! Sohyun unnie! I'll go after her, she might get lost, I'll take her there!"

Sohyun watched as Sowon took Yerin and ran after Yuju. Now that the children were out of the room, she hardened her gaze. Man, these few weeks have just been packed of irresponsible adults haven't they? Sighing and running a hand through her hair, Sohyun led them to the couch.

"Mian Yujin ah, but I want you to hear this too."

"No worries, it'll be helpful when I get discharged."

Sohyun nodded and turned back to Eunha's parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yuju!"

Sowon dashed after Yuju, a slightly stumbling Yerin being tugged behind her.

"Choi Yuna!"

Finally catching her attention, Sowon grabbed a hold of Yuju's shoudler, stopping her from running in the wrong direction any further.

"You, you're going the wrong way."

"Oops, I'm running there right now!"

Yuju prepared to take off, but Yerin tackled her before she could blast. Sowon panted a little before continuing, Yuju had a faster running speed by far, Sowon, even with her height advantage, would lose her if in an open field.

"Ani, you're going to walk. We're in a hospital."

Taking Yuju's hand, Sowon grinned. Yerin hurriedly took Yuju's other hand as well.

"Yuna yah, you can't run like that! It's rude! And dangerous."

"Sowie Yerin unnie."

Yerin smiled and kissed Yuju's cheek quickly.

"As long as you know what you did wrong."

Speed walking, they managed to return to Eunha's room. Yuju threw open the door and ran to the bedside, but Eunha wasn't there. As Yuju searched the blankets and under the bed, Sowon could only stare at what Yuju missed on the bedside. Covering Yuju's eyes quickly, Sowon called Yerin.

"Yerin ah!"

"Ne unnie?"

"Could you call a nurse to clean this up?"

Taking a look at what Sowon was talking about, Yerin gasped before running out of the room. Sowon slowly tried to lead Yuju out of the room, keeping her hand on Yuju's eyes. When they were clear of the room, Sowon set Yuju on the chair in the hall before uncovering her eyes.

"Yuna, listen to me."

"Sowon unnie?"

"Eunha ran away."

"Eh?! I need to go af-"

"Yes, we do, BUT! She's hurt. She pulled out her IV."

Yuju's face paled as she remembered how the IV had looked in Eunha's arm.

"She's bleeding! We have to save her!"

"Yes, but are you going to be okay with seeing the blood?"

Yuju gulped and held Sowon's hand, shaking a little, she looked Sowon in the eyes.

"I can do it."

Sowon nodded and stood back up, looking at the small droplets of blood on the floor, she pulled Yuju to the emergency stairs. The trail led up.

"Yuna, we're going to go up okay? Follow me."

=====================

Eunha yaaaaaah don't pull that out! Omomo...