I can't eat that

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Yewon stared at Eunbi unnie. Eunbi unnie stared at Yuna unnie, who stared at Yerin unnie, who stared at Sojung unnie, who was....glaring at little Eunbi.

"Why. aren't. you. eating. your. fruits."

"Because I can't."

It was a little confusing, since little Eunbi tended to disobey Sojung often, the girls weren't sure why little Eunbi kept refusing her fruits. Sure there were times where it was amusing to watch the much taller girl chase after little Eunbi, but over fruits?

"What do you mean you can't."

Eunbi hesitated, it kind of felt like a weakness revealed, she didn't want to reliquish it so easily, but she had no other choice. Still, she wanted to refuse. Taking one grape in hand, she wondered how bad it could be? Just one grape. She brought it a little closer to , hesitating.

Sojung continued to glare at her.

Then the door to their room was opened and an adult came in hurriedly, she quickly grabbed little Eunbi's hand and slapped the grape out of her grip, also slapping her bottom a little.

"Ow! Hey!"

"You hey! You know you're not supposed to eat these!"

"How'd you know I was gonna anyways!"

"Our new snack arranging person didn't notice the paper with our list. You're lucky I checked them fast enough."

Yerin went over to hold little Eunbi's hand, she didn't quite understand it, but Sojung wasn't glaring anymore, so she took the opportunity to step over to Eunbi's side.

"Che, I don't even know if I'm truly allergic."

"You rascal! Trust your doctor!"

All five sets of eyes stared at little Eunbi, who kind of looked nervous but still fought back.

"I never even got to try one!"

"It's in your blood Hwang Eunbi! You can't deny the fact that you can't have them!"

Pulling on Eunbi's ear one last time, the adult left with the bowl of grapes, saying she'd be back with other fruits for the girls. Still, no one took their eyes off Hwang Eunbi.

"You-you're allergic?"

Eunbi timidly looked up at Sojung, she kind of felt bad now seeing her worried face, oops, maybe she should've just told her....

Noticing the shadow of an arm raising up, she ducked, expecting a hit to reprimand her, only to feel a small tap. Sojung was on the brink of tears, Yewon who had seen Sojung's crying face, and her body language that screamed no, began to cry too. Eunbi was at first flustered, what was she to do with this bunch of crying girls?

"H-hey? Wh-why're you all crying?"

Then Sojung spoke up one last time.

"You could have died!"

Then everyone was crying around little Eunbi, Yerin was crying so hard, her jaw wouldn't close unless she stopped, Yuna crying silently but definite streaks of tears ran down her cheeks, Eunbi's words became whines and unexplainable noises, was she trying to say something important?

Awkwardly patting their backs, little Eunbi held her own tears, she couldn't help it, they were crying because of her, for her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Is there anything anyone else is allergic to?"

They all shook their heads, getting over their sniffles and runny noses. Sojung patted their backs telling them not to cry, little Eunbi watched them all carefully, technically it was supposed to be her job to tell them not to cry...

A knock on the door excused Sojung from the group, it was time for her one on one math tutoring.

Now that everyone was done crying, they sat there and stared into space, unsure what to do. Yerin looked around and found her favorite cushion, hugging it tightly so that it squished out.

"Should we play something?"

They looked to the second eldest curiously.

"Wanna play tag?"

"Can we get permission to go outside?"

Yuna was definitely up for tag, it was gonna be great, no one would be able to catch her.

"We can't go outside without Sojung unnie."

Yerin nodded, big Eunbi was right, they could only go outside when Sojung was there with them, it was a rule.

"Can we play hide and seek?"

They all turned to Yewon, surprised that such a great idea came from their youngest.

"Perfect! Now let's rock paper scissors to see who gets to be seeker."

After several loud rounds of rock paper scissors, the girls dispersed as Yuna counted down from twenty and then up to ten, she couldn't count backwards from thirty fast enough.

Wondering where to hide, Yewon found a crack between two shelves, pulling up a mat to cover the opening, she slid herself in jsut perfectly, leaving a small crack to look out of, perfect.

"Ten! Come out come out wherever you are!"

Yuna looked around for anything out of place, her starting point was the door she covered her face at, starting from the first rug, she searched under the desks, behind the shelves, in the cupboards?

"Where is everyone?"

Continuing to check in the toy bin, the trash can, behind the bookshelf, under the drawing table, under the mat? She pulled open the closet door and squeaked when Yerin yelled.

"Ahhhhk!"

"Eep! Oh, I found you Yerin unnie."

"Aw man.... am I first?"

"Yep, help me I can't find them."

Together they continued the search, hand in hand. Giving up, Yerin thought of an ingenius plan.

"Omo! I guess it's just us two here, let me kiss you Yuna mwwwww-"

"Yah! Don't kiss my Yuna!"

"And you don't get to yah me Jung Eunbi."

Yerin laughed as big Eunbi slapped at her arms, secretly little Eunbi went back into her hiding spot, she too had wanted to stop Yerin from kissing Yuna.

"Maknae! Yewon ah! Where are you? Yah Hwang Eunbi!"

"HEY! Why do you call Yewonnie so cutely then just call me by my full name?!"

"Yah Hwang Esther, it's not like I'm doing favoritism."

"It is so favoritism!"

"Well, I found you."

Eunbi turned around and her angry eyebrows dropped, oops. She left her hiding spot didn't she. Yuna just giggled and tapped little Eunbi's forehead, she turned and kissed big Eunbi's cheek as thanks for luring little Eunbi out.

"Kim Yewon!"

Yewon peeked from her hiding spot, Yuna had already passed by her several times, it looked like it was going to be her win.

"Kids I'm back."

"Sojung unnie! Help me find Yewonnie, we were playing hide and seek."

Sojung looked around the room and sighed, were they just pretending, or were they all just ignorant? The welcome mat wasn't supposed to be propped up against the shelves next to the door.

"Are you kidding me?"

Pulling away the mat, Sojung revealed a cramped Yewon in between the shelves.

"H-hi Sojung unnie."

"Hey kiddo, come on out of there now."

Yewon giggled as Sojung picked her up and pulled her back to the others.

======================

Ya know, at some point, I need to give them back their nicknames, even I get confused which Eunbi when I write...should I do that tomorrow? :D