IV?

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Sowon handed Yuju a freshly washed towel, letting the younger wipe the sweat off of Eunha's forehead. She had started to heat up, a fever was rising. With Umji gone home because of her stomach, SinB gone early because she had to go to Krystal's workplace, it left Sowon with just Yerin to trust with running errands, Yuju was out of the question, and to be honest, Sowon liked that Yuju wouldn't leave Eunha's side. As long as someone was watching their resident cutie at all times, she could feel slightly better about their predicament.

"I asked the nurse and she just said to put a cold towel on her forehead."

Tsking, Sowon bit her thumbnail, an angry habit she had.

"For a nurse, she knows so little, I already knew that."

Pacing around the room with a frown, she stopped when Yerin stepped in her path, blocking her way.

"What is it Yennie?"

"Unnie, calm down. Your eyebrows are going to get stuck together forever if you keep them that way."

Sowon relaxed a certain degree, but her glare remained the same, although not directed at the girl before her.

"Here, unnie close your eyes."

Obeying, Sowon closed her eyes. Feeling Yerin's hands on her cheeks, she relaxed some more. Being tugged forewards, she went slowly, still not opening her eyes, until she felt a familiar feeling.

"You-"

"Sorry, was that rude of me?"

Sowon straightened her back, a hand touching her forehead where Yerin had kissed.

"Ah, but at least you aren't frowning anymore."

"Aha! So you found our Sojungie's sweet spot!"

Sowon whipped around and gasped.

"UNNIE!"

Running into her sister's waiting arms, she hugged tightly, shoving her face into Sohyun's stomach.

"Yah! That hurts, relax a little baby sis, I'm here."

"Did you call mom?"

"Of course I did, come here Yerin ah, let me tell you a secret."

Yerin grinned and went over to Sohyun's side, listening as she whispered.

"If you kiss Sojungie's forehead, or right behind her ear, she relaxes. Like if she got mad, you could land a kiss there, she'd reset."

"Really?"

Sowon watched them carefully, were they saying something about her?

"Really."

Yerin giggled and hugged Sowon's side. Sohyun patted Sowon's head lovingly, winking at Yerin.

"What did you say?"

"It's a secret. Shhhhh."

Huffing, Sowon just headbutt her sister's hand off her head and grabbed her hand instead, pulling her over to Eunha's side.

"Unnie take a look at our Eunha. She's sick."

Sohyun's smile disappeared as she got serious, checking Eunha's temperature, how much she was sweating. Taking the blankets away, Sohyun had Yuju help remove the vest that Eunha was wearing over her turtleneck sweater. However, before Sohyun could peel back the collar, Yuju's hand stopped them.

"Yuna?"

"You can't."

Moving between Sohyun and Eunha, Yuju spread her arms to block them.

"You can't look."

"Is it a secret?"

Yuju nodded as Sohyun hugged her. Yuju reluctantly put her arms around Sohyun's neck.

"Do you mind if we go to the hospital?"

"Huh? Why?"

Sohyun grinned.

"We have to tell your sister that I'm fine, and Eunha needs to see a nurse, a proper one."

Yuju frowned but agreed, moving to put Eunha on her back carefully. Once Eunha was securely on her back, she followed after Sohyun slowly, making sure not to bump Eunha into anything along the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We'll call her parents right away. Thank you for bringing her in."

Sohyun nodded to the nurses and sighed as she looked back at Yuju. She was still, holding Eunha's hand. When a nurse came close, she panicked and blocked the way again, until Sohyun patted her shoulder.

"Sojung ah, Yerin ah, could you go see Yujin first? I'll bring Yuna up in a bit."

Sowon nodded and took Yerin's hand, leaving them alone. Sohyun turned back to Yuju, a sad expression on her face.

"Yuna yah."

"Wae? What are they going to do to her?"

Biting her lip, Sohyun picked Yuju up and away from Eunha's bedside.

"They need to give her an IV drip."

"I...V?"

"It...goes in her arm, you see? She needs more nutrients in her body to make up for the blood she had taken out today."

"In her arm? Will it hurt?"

Sohyun nodded slowly and Yuju immediately tried to break free of her grip.

"Let go! Don't hurt her! Let me go!"

Hugging Yuju desperately, Sohyun tried to cover her eyes.

"Yuna! She needs it to be healthy! Don't look! Please!"

Finally overpowering her, Sohyun managed to block Yuju's line of sight to Eunha as the nurses set up the IV drip. When it was over, Sohyun let go slowly.

"It's for her health Yuna."

Yuju held Eunha's hand softly.

"This....this is the thing in Yujin unnie's arm."

"Yea, your sister needed one too."

Seeing it up close like this scared Yuju, her sister had purposely hidden her arm under the blanket to prevent Yuju from inspecting it too deeply.

"It's in her arm!"

Appalled, Yuju stared until Sohyun tapped her shoulder.

"She'll feel better when she wakes up okay?"

"But-"

"Her parents are coming, don't worry too much, Eunha wouldn't want you to cry would she?"

"But....."

Sohyun opened her arms and let Yuju hug her, her tears falling slowly.

"Shhhhh, she'll be okay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hearing the door open, Sowon looked over, she had been playing cats cradle with Jisun and Yerin, Yujin watching them from her seat on the bed, her complexion was much better than the days before.

Yuju walked in, her head hung low. The aura around her was full of sadness.

"Yuna?"

Lifting her head at the sound of her sister's voice, Yuju pouted and went to Yujin's side, pulling on her sister's arm.

"Show me."

"No, Yuna. Why do you want to see?"

"Please? Show me your arm unnie."

Reluctantly, Yujin pulled her arm from under the blanket, revealing the mess of tubes and tape going into her arm. Yuju traced teh tape softly with her fingers.

"Eunha....Eunha will be okay right?"

"Of course she will be honey, why would you think otherwise?"

Yuju sniffled but shook her head, she wasn't going to cry anymore, she had cried enough for a day.

"Right? She's fine, her parents will take good care of her."

Worried and confused, Yujin looked to Sohyun who nodded solemnly.

"Cha! Let's listen to my totally boring experience in the holding cell!"

Sowon stared at her sister weirdly.

"Unnie? This isn't the time to be joking around."

"Mwo? Did you know? They served tangsuyuk in the holding cell! Imagine my surprise when they suddenly said that midnight snacks had arrived!"

=====================

Sohyun unnie is the best! Why am I up late? Because I'm at home with family for winter break and I can't write during the regular hours? Ah, but I'm allowed to sleep in as late as I want so I get to write when my parents go to bed and when my siblings stop bothering me :D