the correct way

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Sowon had gone to her one on one math class and asked her teacher some questions, unrelated to math. Returning to their room, Sowon pursed her lips in thought, didn't this mean something else?

"SinB yah, come here and sit with me."

Patting the space besides her on the couch, Sowon waved little Eunbi over, still lost in thought. Once SinB pressed herself into Sowon's side did Sowon stop having a staring contest with space itself.

"You said that they were probably your new parents?"

SinB frowned, not this topic again.

"I think so."

"But a true adoption process, which I asked my teacher about, you can't just have a meeting between two parents."

SinB shrugged, she just wanted to stop talking about it and go play with Umji.

"You'd have to officially be untied from your parents and then at an official place, have some papers signed. There should be-"

"It doesn't matter does it? So long as my mom doesn't see me, she's fine."

Brushing Sowon's arm off, SinB hopped off the seat and ran back to Umji who asked her what they were talking about.

"It's nothing Yewon ah."

Sowon frowned. SinB should ask for help, the way her parents treated her meant something about their attitude towards daughters or even children in general. Maybe they saw the maturity her brother had gotten and saw SinB not doing what he did, not caring that she was younger. Still, Sowon wanted someone to tell her the best way to find SinB happiness.

A knock at their door sounded and Sowon trotted over, who could it be? The staff at the daycare entered and exited without knocking often.

"Hello?"

Sowon was surprised, looking up, she saw a lady with a nametag.

"Hi there! Is this the room that Hwang Eunbi is in?"

"Why?"

Sowon gripped the door tightly, no one was going to take SinB away from this room unless they had a good reason and were good people, Sowon pulled the door closed further, just peeking at the lady through a crack.

"I'm from the child protection services, the other day you girls had an incident with another child? I think you know why I'm here."

"No, I don't. Yerinnie is doing well, and why would you come for Eunbi? Supposedly, no one knows."

The lady knelt down to Sowon's height, putting one knee on the ground.

"Because a nice civilian reported possible abuse."

"Who would that be?"

"A security guard at the next door school, Mister Park."

Sowon turned back to the room.

"Ji ah, is the name of your security guard Mister Park?"

"Yea? Why?"

Looking back at the lady, she frowned a little but opened the door wider to let her in.

She clapped her hands to get the children's attention.

"Hey girls, come here for a little bit and have a chat with me."

Spotting SinB's purple cheek, her friendly smile faltered and an eyebrow twitched.

"My name is Tiffany. I work for the child protection services and I also work part time at an orphanage, so I know a lot about children. Why don't you guys introduce yourselves?"

"I'm Yuna! This is my bestfriend Eunha! That's Umji! Or Yewon whichever one you want to call her but she really likes being called Omuji because then she feels like a different person here rather than her ty school-"

"Yuna!"

Sowon slapped Yuju's bottom lightly making her stop talking.

"What did I do?"

"You said a bad word!"

"I did? Which one?"

Sowon huffed and Eunha giggled, helping her best friend out.

"You can't say the word you used to descibe Muji's school Yuna, its a bad word."

"ty?"

"Eh hey!"

Sowon slapped Yuju's bottom again, making her whine. Tiffany watched this all with a gentle smile.

"Sorry! I'm sorry! Geez! I won't use it again."

Giving Sowon a kiss on the cheek, Yuju continued her ranting about her beautiful friends, her cute run on sentences kept Tiffany quietly giggling as she finished introducing everyone.

"Did you ever have any thoughts of becoming a rapper?"

"A wrapper? The kind that goes on candies? No! Why would I want to hug candy and get tossed in the trash and pollute the oceans and cause the world to die!"

Laughing, Tiffany held her sides.

"You're a funny kid Yuna, but I'm really here to check on SinB."

SinB looked away, she was trying to disappear, hiding halfway behind Umji's back.

"Your parents hit you didn't they?"

"T-they did. So what?"

Tiffany's smile disappeared, SinB was getting scared.

"They shouldn't do that."

"I know."

"Why do you let them?"

"Because it's fine. They don't like me."

"It's not fine."

"It's fine! I'm going to go to new parents anyways!"

"That's still not fine. I have a case right now, your parents are going to be taken in by the police today for questioning. You are going to go to the hospital with me after this talk to check if you have a concussion. Tell me, did you lose your teeth before or after that bruise?"

"One after. But I won't go to the hospital."

Umji squirmed a little as SinB's hands in her clothes gripped tighter.

"I don't want to go to the hospital. I hate the hospital."

Tiffany sighed.

"If things go well, you're going to be seeing me more often, your parents will be stuck with a fine and possible jail time but they'll probably bail it, you're not going to see your parents again."

SinB stopped breathing. Her heart was racing, she didn't need to see her parents again? She didn't need to get hit again? But this is weird. She should be sad that she won't see her parents again, every kid cries when they can't find their mom and dad. But why? Why was she, why was she not sad at all?

Umji patted SinB's back, making her breathe again. SinB held her hand to her heart.

"This is weird. I should be sad."

"No, I don't think you should be sad."

Looking Umji in the eyes, SinB started tearing up.

"You said you weren't sad? You're tearing up Eunbi ah."

"I'm not sad, that's what makes me sad. I should love my parents even if they don't! I should be crying that I won't see them again! But I'm not! What's wrong with me?"

She started crying and Umji just hugged her tightly, Sowon wanted to go over to hug them both, but Tiffany stopped her, instead, the young adult went over and pulled SinB from Umji's hug, making the youngest confused.

"Why're you taking her away from me?"

Tiffany cradled SinB like the baby she was, patting her back and walking back and forth.

"I'm thinking, you didn't get to experience the warmth of your mother often didn't you."

SinB couldn't answer, choked with cries.

"There there, I'll make it better."

===================

Hohoho, who can guess where I'm going with this? Who is Tiffany~lol I'm excited, are you?