Wake up

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

SinB woke up first, the sound of Tiffany's alarm to wake the children who had school ringing faintly from across the hallway. Rubbing her eyes, she looked at the digital clock at her bedside, noting that it was indeed 6:30am when Tiffany woke up to clean up first. Why she needed more than ten minutes to get ready, SinB would never understand.

Shuffling closer to the warmth around her, SinB closed her eyes, her hand gripping in the soft cloth in front of her. It was when Jessica moved in her sleep did SinB remember that Jessica was there with her, the older's arm wrapped securely around her small body. Letting go of the front of Jessica's pajamas, SinB looked up, only seeing the underside of Jessica's chin. Schooting back a little, she held her breath when Jessica's arm pulled her back in, pressing her gently to her chest.

Surrendering to the sleeping young adult, SinB lay still and enjoyed her warmth. What a way to wake up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eunbi ah~ wake up time! Your breakfast is waiting downstairs and we need to-"

Tiffany stopped as she saw the situation on SinB's bed, quietly pushing the door open all the way, she tiptoed her way to the bedside, peeking over Jessica's shoulder to see wher SinB was. Covering her smile with her hand, she poked Jessica once just to make sure.

"What."

"Omo!"

Tiffany jumped backwards as Jessica turned and sat up, a grumpy frown already present on her face.

"Yah, why are you waking up so early today?"

"You disturbed me first."

"As if, the Jessica Jung I know sleeps like the dead and never wakes up on time."

Jessica smirked a little. Tiffany just raised an eyebrow, what was Jessica on about now?

"I have something important to do today. And something important to say."

SinB yawned and sat up, she had fallen asleep again before Tiffany had come back.

"Good morning?"

"Morning baby."

SinB grinned lazily, covering her face, she hide from Jessica's loving gaze, her cheeks felt warm and fuzzy.

"Eunbi ah, are you fully awake?"

"Mm. Wae?"

"We need to talk about something serious."

"Serious?"

SinB sat straighter, looking worriedly at Jessica.

"You...you aren't going to say you're leaving me right?"

Jessica smiled and shook her head slowly.

"No honey, I'm not saying that."

"Oh good, cuz you know that's all I was really scared of. Like if you wanted me to wait, I can wait you know and and-"

"Would you like to be my baby?"

SinB stopped rambling as Tiffany squealed clapping her hands. SinB stared at Jessica, was she dreaming still?

"I can call you mommy?"

"Of course you can."

"Will we leave here?"

"We will, if you agree."

"Will I get to go to the school I have been going to?"

"If you want to, I could even get you in Yewon's school."

SinB blinked.

"No, I don't want that."

"Why honey?"

"I'm not smart enough, maybe next year."

Jessica chuckled and caressed SinB's cheek softly, SinB's hands coming up to hold her hand.

"Do you promise to tuck me in bed every night?"

"Promise."

"And you'll never leave me alone?"

"Promise."

"A-and you'll leave me with Krystal unnie if you have a business trip?"

Jessica's eyes widened but she quickly nodded.

"Of course."

"Then that's fine."

SinB linked her pinky with Jessica's, surprising the young adult.

"What's this for?"

"You promised alright? I'll tell Yewon on you if you break them, cuz Yewon says to never break promises."

Opened her arms, Jessica smiled as SinB went to her. Tiffany was still silently watching, happy tears in her eyes. She was happy that her best friend had found some stability in her life as well as a big responsibility, she was also glad that SinB had a place to tuly call home, though she was worried that Jessica's fridge was filled of water bottles and nothing else, but that...probably was fine, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sojung?"

"Unnie."

Sowon sat on her sister's lap, hugging her sister's arm as they sat in the bus heading to school, Yerin was asleep next to them, her heaed leaning against Sohyun's arm.

"When I grow up, I want to be a doctor."

"Why?"

"Because, a doctor can save people, it doesn't matter who, or what they did, but I want to save people. Unlike the troublesome adults that I can't trust in society."

Reaching a hand to the glass, Sowon placed her small hand against it, watching as the glass around her hand fogged up because fo the temperature difference.

"If I could help Eunha, I would. If there's someone in pain, I will help them. I want to. But I don't want to see a doctor get bribed to not treat a patient."

"Why would a doctor do that?"

"Because it's possible."

"Sojung ah, that mostly only happens in dramas, but if that's what you want to do, I'll help you."

"Unnie, after seeing what our school nurse did to Eunha, I can't stand the adults who shirk their responsibilities."

Sowon looked up at her sister, determination in her eyes.

"If it's possible to make it, I also want to cure dad."

Sohyun hugged Sowon tightly, kissing the crown of her baby sister's head.

"You'd be everyone's hero."

"Of course I would be, I feel like eventually I will come to distrust people, more and more as I discover it, am I wrong unnie?"

Sohyun held back a response, would it be better to tell Sowon that everyone in the world should always be regarded with some care but never allowed close until you've truly learned about each other? Or was it better to remind her that there were still good people left in the world like herself and the other kids around them?

"That, will be your own decision Sojung ah, but whatever you decide, it's best not to be alone, got it?"

"Roger."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunha blinked as she opened her eyes, her eyelids felt so heavy, but there was warmth beside her. Turning carefully to avoid hurting her neck, Eunha stared at the peaceful sleeping face of the one and only, Choi Yuna.

"Y-yuna?"

Yuju sniffled a little, her nose scrunching at the mention of her name. Lifting her hand slowly, Eunha saw a bandage on where she was bleeding from before. Looking to her right arm, she sighed softly.

"Another one. I guess, that's my fault for pulling out the first one."

Resting her hand against Yuju's head, Eunha teared up a little. She knew inside herself, that it could be that her parents loved her, it could be that they had made a mistake, but it was hard to believe them after so many tries. Sobbing quietly, Eunha let her tears run down the corners of her eyes.

"Yuna, I only have you at my side."

===================

oops