empty monday

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

Umji was holding hands with SinB as they skipped into daycare, excited to get to the highlight of their day. Greeting brightly, they immediately gravitated to the oldesst in the room, attaching to her sides as she carried a large board.

"What's that for unnie?"

"Yea, what's that for?"

Sowon just set the cardboard against the wall by the door, her legs were sore and it hadn't been that great of a day for her so far.

"That's part of my project, starting in third grade till fifth, I have to do a yearly science project."

Taking a seat at the beanbags, she whined and rolled around for a bit, she hated science and maths. Umji and SinB just giggled, laying down and rolling after her, where Sowon rolled, they rolled as well, until they all crashed into each other in a pile of arms and legs, giggling gleefully. Finally seeing a smile grace Sowon's cheeks, Umji beamed her bright smile and hugged Sowon's arm, leaning her cheek against her shoulder.

"Cuties."

"Does that include me?"

"Didn't you hear me DdinBi? It's plural."

SinB grinned and rolled into Sowon's otherside, letting the oldest throw her arm around her shoulders as well.

"Ahhhh I don't want to do homework alreadyyyyyy but it's only Monday! Ahhhhh!"

Umji giggled as Sowon whined, it was rare that Sowon whined as much. Hearing the door open, she looked up to see Eunha walking behind Yuju, whose expression was blank and her body language seemed to show that she was upset. She was dragging her feet as she walked, Eunha watched worriedly from behind.

"Yuna? You shouldn't be here."

"I know."

"Then why are you here?"

"Mom took me to school."

Sitting down in the corner, Yuju hugged a pillow and stared into space. SinB frowned and went over, taking a seat next to Yuju as Eunha sat across from her, crossing her legs.

"Yuju unnie?"

"What is it little Eunbi?"

"You're making Eunbi unnie sad."

Yuju looked up at Eunha, making eye contact, but she looked back to the ground.

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

They were silent for a little longer, making SinB whine in frustration and leave to find something more interesting to do than watch the practically married duo sulk.

"Oh? Eunbi yah, you came back?"

"Mm, they're not talking to each other. It's suffocating."

Patting SinB's head lightly, Umji excused herself, going over for her attempt to cheer Yujuna up. Taking a seat behind Eunha, she leaned her back against Eunha's.

"Unnie?"

"Yes Muji?"

"Are you sad?"

"A little yes."

"Is it because of Yuna unnie?"

"No."

Eunha leaned forwards, making Umji giggle as she fell backwards against Eunha's back.

"I'm sad because Yuna is sad."

"Then," moving to sit in between them, Umji smiled softly. "Yuna unnie are you sad?"

"I'm actually mad."

"Mad? Why? Did Eunbi unnie do something?"

"No, she's as angelic as she always is."

Umji quirked an eyebrow. Yuju sighed and turned to face the wall.

"I don't want to talk about it."

Eunha nodded and patted Umji's back softly, letting her know that it was okay to leave them alone for a bit. Scooting over to Yuju's side, Eunha stared at the wall as well.

"Your sister didn't wake yet did she?"

"No."

That was why, her parents had forced Yuju to go to school, when she wanted to stay by her sister's side, waiting for her to wake up. The police said that they had to wait for Yujin to make an official investigation, as they chose not to ask the six year old of her opinion. Junyoung was being treated at a different hospital, her uncle had been furious. His handsome youngest son who had a great future in front of him now had a large scar across his cheek. But Yuju could care less, if eh took good care of teh wound, it'd probably heal well and not cause scarring, she knew because she listened to the nurse when their nurse scolded SinB for skinning her knee, running in the rain.

"Will you go to the hospital after you leave here?"

"That's the thing Eunbi, I'm going home from here."

Eunha frowned and held Yuju's hand.

"I'll help you, but can I tell Sojung unnie? She keeps sending worried glances, not to mention that Yerin unnie isn't here today."

Yuju nodded and let Eunha go, releasing the other's hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sowon paced in front of the phone, debating whether or not to break the rules to call her sister. She needed to know what Yerin was doing, when she had met her after school, she was being taken by her mother to their car, going somewhere else. It didn't look like Yerin was being taken by force, so she hadn't been as worried, but as time went on and her young imagination ran wild, Sowon was getting very nervous.

"Sowon unnie?"

SinB looked up at Sowon with innocent eyes, catching her attention immediately. SinB never used those puppy eyes on her, not unless she was in trouble. Looking down, she saw that SinB had a little cut on her hand.

"Now, how did you manage this?"

Pulling SinB to the sink, she ran the cut under cold water. Standing on her toes, Sowon grabbed the first aid kit from the top shelf and pulled SinB to their round table, giving her a surface to put the kit.

"Girls, it's snack time."

Letting in the auntie with the food before opening the kit, Sowon called them over to eat.

"It's snack time girls, come here and eat."

Taking a bandaid and holding it up to the cut on SinB's hand to check the correct sized bandaid, she heard a clatter of silverware. Pressing the bandaid to SinB's palm, Sowon looked over at the commotion.

"Yuna! Yuna! You're safe!"

Eunha was struggling to hold Yuju from flailing around, a spilled kimchi pancake on the floor and a half covered utensil. Picking it up, Sowon stared at the small knife that was provided to cut the pancakes with, looking back at Yuju, her eyebrows furrowed as Yuju was looking frantically away from her. Backing away with the knife, Sowon took it outside and gave it back to the staff, saying they didn't need it. Eunha told her that Yuju's sister was in the hospital, but Sowon suspected there was more.

Getting back to the room, she sat at the table, watching from a distance as Yuju cried in Eunha's arms. For now, Yuju needed to feel safe.

=============

:D I might update again later, depends on my mood :) I did all my work for today so I'm in a good mood >U<