meet my new friend

Hey, do you want to be my friend?

"Eunbi yah!"

Umji ran from her room to hug SinB tightly, she had missed the other greatly during their time apart. Snuggling together for a little longer, Umji finally let go.

"Today, can we go to your playground?"

"Sure, why?"

SInB led Umji to follow her through the bushes, making sure that none of the lower hanging branches hit Umji as she passed in front.

"I want to see if I can find this unnie who helped me the other day. When I came over because you were in the nurses."

"Ugh don't remind me, I hated staying there, I had to be polite and not complain and breathe that medicated air. Ugh."

Holding hands, they wandered the playground as Umji looked for her person.

"Ah! There she is!"

Pulling SinB along, Umji excitedly greeted her new friend. SinB couldn't help but feel a little jealous, Umji seemed so happy talking with this person.

"Sunmi unnie!"

"Oh? Yewon ah."

SinB stared, wasn't that the school uniform for the middle school across the street?

"This is Sunmi unnie, Eunbi yah, she comes over to play with her younger friends during break."

"Hi."

They shook hands awkwardly before Sunmi grinned.

"You know, even though you still have that bruise on your cheek, you're pretty."

Blushing and looking at the floor, SinB just squeezed Umji's hand a bit.

"Thanks...I guess."

"Sunmi unnie, Eunbi is just a little shy sometimes, what were you playing?"

"Hm? A little bit of freeze tag."

An older girl ran by and tagged Sunmi, who just sighed and stayed still. SinB and Umji watched her curiously.

"What just happened?"

"I'm frozen now, until another of my friends free me."

Umji giggled as Sunmi pouted, no matter which name she called, her friends seem to ignore her, they just stuck their tongues out at her, teasing.

"You have great friends unnie."

"Yea, childish, younger, but great friends."

Giving Umji a toothy grin, she was tagged and sped off with a "see you around!"

SinB and Umji walked together, back to the bush to Umji's school.

"Yewon ah."

"Hm?"

"Yesterday, I was introduced to another lady. Her name was Taeyeon. But like, do you think you could explain something to me?"

They crawled back through the bushes and sat at their tree. SinB untucked the small rectangle box from the waistband of her shorts, opening it to reveal goldfish snacks, rainbow mix and offered some to Umji.

"If I can, I will."

"So, Taeyeon unnie calls Tiffany unnie, 'Fany-ah'. Tiffany unnie calls Taeyeon unnie, 'Taetae'. But Jessica unnie, calls Tiffany unnie, 'Tiff'. She seems to refuse to call Tiffany unnie 'Fany ah' and always calls Taeyeon unnie as just 'Taeyeon'. I just feel like, there's something weird there. When Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie were playing, Jessica unnie was sad."

Umji hummed and popped a gree goldfish into , chewing thoughtfully.

"There's also another issue."

"Issue? Is it serious?"

"Well, not really. You see, all the other kids call Tiffany unnie and the others, all mama. But Tiffany unnie told me to call her unnie, so I have been. Should I be calling her Tiffany mama? It just seems weird to be calling an oppa's mom my unnie, right?"

"Well, that's for sure, either you continue calling them unnie because that's what Tiffany unnie told you right? Or, you could copy the other kids and call her mom. Either works, either feels more comfortable. Are you getting along with the others?"

"Well, getting along....isn't really my thing you know?"

"No I don't, because you're my friend after all."

SinB shyly smiled and Umji just patted SinB's head lovingly.

"Well, I haven't really played with the others, we have curfew there too like back home. Sleep at 9pm. Not that I know how to read the clock yet."

"I'll teach you."

"Thanks Yewon ah. But have you figured out why Jessica unnie was sad?"

"Hm, well. I think since, she was looking at Tiffany unnie and Taeyeon unnie, its like what you felt earlier when I was talking to Sunmi unnie."

"H-huh?"

Umji grinned and held SinB's cheeks to face her properly and look her in the eyes.

"You were jealous, I could tell. I could have brought up something to keep talking with her, but I chose not to."

"Eh?"

"You weren't having fun sharing me were you?"

"I-I guess not."

SinB pulled Umji into a hug, letting herself cling tightly, it's fine to spoil herself once in a while right?

"So, you think Jessica unnie was jealous?"

"It's just a guess Eunbi yah."

"Alright."

SinB looked pensive for a second before quickly pecking Umji's cheek lightly.

"You're smart, thanks."

"You're welcome!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yewon ah! Hurry!"

Umji was running late to the bus and SinB was hanging on the last step of the bus, the bus driver grumbling at her now and then. running as fast as she could, she caught SinB yelling back at the driver.

"I said my friend is coming! Just wait!"

"She could've taken the next bus..."

Sighing as Umji boarded, the driver just set off finally, several minutes behind schedule.

"Thanks Eunbi yah, I got held up at school."

"The bullies?"

"No, actually it was some of the other girls who wanted to have a playdate, apparently I'm a hero now? I don't know what happened. Anyways, did you finish your lunch?"

"What are you my mom? But no, I didn't finish it, there's too much. I'll eat it later."

Umji looked skeptically at SinB, she knew the size of the lunch box, and she knew SinB's appetite from snack time. Letting it go for now, Umji made sure to check that SinB ate the rest of her lunch when they arrived at the daycare.

"You promise yea?"

"Sure."

Linking pinkies, suddenly a third pinky joined them, surprising Umji, she squeaked before jolting backwards, where did the third pinky come from?! Following the hand the pinky was attached to, up the arm, and oh.

"Moon bin??!"

"Hey! Long time no see, Hwang."

"Technically, I haven't seen you in three days. That's not a long time."

"Well, three means several right? Several is a lot!"

Umji just giggled as SinB and Moon bin argued the technicality of 'several' versus 'few'.

"While we're at it, Yewon ah."

"Yes Binie?"

"Did you know?"

SinB shushed him with slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Don't listen to him."

Struggling and slapping SinB's hand away like a queen, Moon bin just growled back.

"I couldn't breathe!"

"And so?"

"Eunbi doesn't know how to use chopsticks!"

Umji looked to SinB, wondering how in the world that was a serious matter, only to find SinB's eyes wide and cheeks dusted pink.

"YAH!"

SinB punched Moon bin in the shoulder and they started to wrestle on the seat, Umji just stayed away to avoid getting hit by stray punches.

"Eunbi yah, does that mean you didn't finish lunch because you couldn't use the chopsticks?"

"M-maybe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love all my readers who enjoy this story, or any of my stories, so thank you for reading still! And MVP Elma_Dina chingu who always writes such lovely messages! How I made this story? Uhhhhh I'm kind of taking a backseat to my imagination, its like sitting alone in the movie theater and seeing this play out, I just transcribe it to these less than worthy words haha. But yea, imagination, I wish I could draw properly, then y'aal could see how cute children gfriend is uwu but alas my art skills is negative three trillion