006

Lost and Found II

Somin sat up as soon as her phone started to ring, she reached for the device on her bedside table and answered.

“What?” She mumbled, Chanyeol chuckled from the other line.

“I know it’s a Friday, and you love your late mornings before the weekend, but,”

She flexed her neck before sliding down the bed, she checked her reflection before padding down the steps.

“I had to fly to Hong Kong last night, and I didn’t want to disturb you.”

“Okay, oppa. When will you be back?” She asked as him as she crossed towards the kitchen, she paused when she noticed two males in dark suits walking at her lawn.

“Next Monday, take care.” Chanyeol said to her, she nodded back before setting her phone down.

She heard the backdoor slide open, she turned her head. Sehun was dressed in a pair of tapered denim jeans a nicely fitted black v-neck shirt.

“It’s getting colder now.” She said to him, Sehun gave her a shrug before leaning over to kiss the side of her head.

“I have to meet my uncle later. Did I wake you?”

“No. I see the hyungnims are back.” She said as she opened a pack of bread, Sehun eyed it warily before walking to the fridge.

“Yeah.” He said as he took out some fresh fruit and some eggs.

“Sehun, I don’t feel like eating~”

“No. You always eat bread for breakfast when you’re in a rush. But it’s a Friday, Sammy.” He nagged as he gestured for her to tell him where the rice was stored.

“Fine. But no kimchi in the morning.” She said to him, then Sammy paused. She glanced at Sehun again, he was slicing the apple precisely, but she could see how tensed he was. There was an almost permanent crease on his forehead that alarmed her.

“Sehun-ah,” She walked towards him, she put her arm on his forearm, Sehun paused and turned to her.

“What is it?”

“Nothing’s wrong, right?” She asked him, Sehun’s forehead creased briefly.

“Sehun-ah.” Sammy suddenly felt a little bad for joking around when he talked about the mafia’s problem and his uncle the other day.

“It’s nothing we can’t handle.” Sehun gave her a small reassuring smile, he patted her waist before turning to the table again.

Somin turned to windows again, it was then she realized that the standard number of three guards assigned to her was now doubled.

 

 

Sehun sat down across his uncle, he took off the baseball cap he was wearing and set it down on the table.

“How bad is it?” He asked, the two were at the elder’s private residence.

“Remember our building near Sungwon junction?”

Sehun nodded back and leaned back on his seat.

“They managed to infiltrate that our area, and they paid some high school kids to set fire on one of our places there.”

Sehun winced and shook his head.

“And attacks have begun, last night~”

“I heard about it, it was just a few blocks away from Hongdae’s main street. What do they want? Who are they?” Sehun asked, frustrated.

“We don’t have any clear answers yet, but it’s quite obvious that this group is targeting us. It’s our territory they want.”

“What do you need me to do?” Sehun asked him, the elder shook his head before taking a small sip of his tea.

“Nothing yet, we don’t know what they’re next move is yet. And for now, I’d like to to observe them. Their pattern will come out soon.”

“So, we wait and see.” Sehun said, the male nodded back.

“And, I’ve called some of our friends. It’s time to strengthen alliances.”

“Who?”

“The Jungs. Hwayoung’s pleased that you’re finally back.” He chuckled, Sehun’s brows rose briefly.

“Well, not fully.” He said carefully, his uncle nodded back understandingly.

“I know that, your mother was very specific about that. Anyway,”

Sehun leaned forward and stretched his legs before him.

“Take care of Somin.”

Sehun paused, his forehead creased.

“Why? Did someone mention her?” He grew defensive, if not, angry.

“No, but she’s always seen with you. And people know who you are, Sehun-ah.”

 

 

Eunwoo blew his bangs away from his face as his father continued his meeting with some executives, his secretary was seated across them, listening intently.

“Ah!”

Eunwoo looked at his father oddly, even the other executives grew stunned.

“Then, we’ll continue this tomorrow?” His secretary cleared his throat, the men stood up. Eunwoo yawned and leaned back on his seat, wanting to doze off.

“I remember now.” The elder said, Eunwoo muttered a short reply.

“That man with vice president Park.” He continued.

“Which man?” The secretary spoke while arranging the files on the desk.

“He’s that young man from Kia. Kia’s son.”

Eunwoo grew amused, he suddenly remembered the Park Holdings president walking in their meeting with a Kia cupcake on hand.

“Ah, the one who took over almost a year ago? He’s a lawyer.” The secretary chimed in, Eunwoo sat up and looked at the two. His father interest in the young Park lady was amusing.

“Isn’t he somehow involved with gangsters or something? I mean, the rumors about that young man.”

“I heard about it, but no one found anything about it. He seems to have a clean record.” The secretary nodded along.

“Still, how could the Parks let their daughter be connected with him? That wont do them well.” President Cha shook his head.

“Should we tell her? He’s going to cause trouble for her.” He asked, Eunwoo shook his head at his parent before closing his eyes.

 

 

“I just don’t see how you think it’s bad.” Kai said as he walked with Sammy, Jena was ahead of them, speaking on her phone.

“You put my name there, under the word best man, Kim Jongin.” She pointed out dryly, the three had taken the afternoon off and were in Myeongdong.

Jena wanted to go to her favorite kalguksu place despite the heavy crowd.

“You could have just used the term, best friend or person to contact in case of emergency.” She muttered darkly, Kai chuckled and playfully tugged on her hair.

“Wow, you’re still alive.” Another voice joined them, Kai glanced back and saw Sehun walking towards them. Somin saw how her guards dispersed and disappeared through the crowd.

“Come on, Sammy needs me in this lifetime.” Kai chuckled heartily before hopping away from them.

“How’s your uncle?” Sammy asked Sehun walked with her, he gave her a small shrug before taking her hand in his.

“He claims that something’s brewing up, it’s..all talk about territories.” His forehead creased briefly, Somin frowned.

“So, a rival? An enemy?” She spoke softly, Sehun nodded back.

“It might be that, but I hope this wont drag any longer. It’s all over the news, you know.” Sehun said openly, Somin shook her head, she just placed her arm around his waist. Sehun smiled and pulled the girl closer to her.

“Those gang fights, bars being burned down even petty thefts, Sammy. Ninety percent of those crimes happened in our territory.”

Somin’s forehead furrowed, she was trying to wrap her head around the whole mafia thing. And Sehun could see that, he couldn’t help but chuckle.

“So, you flying back to Singapore doesn’t seem to be a bad idea.” He added.

“What? So now, you want me to leave?” She balked at him, Sehun laughed, she pursed her lips at him.

“Wht I meant was that, it’s probably safer for me that you’re away.”

“Why is it safer for you?”

“I’d rather have you away and safe from all this, than having you by my side and getting hurt.” Sehun simply explained as they reached the restaurant. Kai and Jena were already seated inside.

“Is..it that bad?”

“I hope it isn’t.” Sehun replied as he pulled the door open for her. Somin slowly shook her head before stretching her toes just to kiss his jaw.

“It wont escalate to that, you can handle it.” She said with a smile before going inside the restaurant, Sehun shook his head in amusement. He was about to shut the door when he noticed a hooded figure running away from the building.

His brows rose briefly before following Sammy to the table.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++