037

Lost and Found II

Sammy was smiling to herself as she took out her bowl of kalguksu from the microwave, she made her way towards the dining table to set it down and padded back to the kitchen to get some utensils.

“I heard you went out today,”

She looked up from the bowl and saw Sehun standing by the entryway, he leaning against the wall, his arms crossed.

“Well, I got hungry. I got you some too.” She smiled at him, Sehun sighed and walked towards her, he wordlessly sat beside the girl.

“So, would you like to tell me how your day went? Or, should I just wait until Kang Injoo’s body mysteriously appears at a morgue?” He asked, Sammy paused, and she looked at him.

“Oh, so you heard.” She said softly, Sehun couldn’t help but smile.

“Sammy,”

“I know, I know, dangerous. But he was getting in the way.”

“Way? Way of what?”

“He was getting in the way of my kalguksu. We’re both really hungry.” She said as she pointed to her stomach, Sehun scrunched his nose at her and leaned over to kiss her head.

“I’m impressed, but I don’t like it.” He mused before pulling the girl onto his lap, Sammy smiled and picked up her spoon again.

“Can you not do it again? Although, I love you for what you did.” He said lightly.

“What? Let my kalguksu go cold?” She snorted and rolled her eyes.

“No, for having my enemies at knifepoint. What you did was very risky, darling.” He said in dry tone, which made her laugh.

“Promise?” Sehun nudged her.

Sammy turned her head and kissed his cheek.

“I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

 

“So, she’s not working now?” Kang Injoo spoke from his seat, his eyes went to his son briefly.

Eunwoo was still unconscious, his son had showed up at their doorstep just last night, all battered and bruised.

And Kang Injoo would do anything just to get back at Oh Sehun and his family.

“Yes, from rumors, she’s on an indefinite leave, but she still is in contact with her office. So, if they need her, she’s there.”

The male exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Her schedule? How does she move about?”

“The young miss doesn’t really like going out of the house, when she does, she’s usually meeting up with her friends or with Oh Sehun himself. She’s quite difficult to…reach, sir.”

“I want her.”

“We already have people trailing after her, although, it’s not easy.”

Injoo exhaled and crossed his arms.

“How about the boy? Surely, Oh Sehun is not the type to travel around with bodyguards, that isn’t him.”

“It’s a different case for him, he drives out alone, but he has a car following him.”

“Wouldn’t he be easier to take? No, wait,” He paused, the male stood up and walked towards his son’s side.

“No, taking Oh Sehun would be too nice. Let’s target the girl. Just the girl.”

“Park Somin, sir?”

“Just her. Let’s make the arrogant brat suffer, surely taking away his girl would be enough to destroy him.”

 

 

Sehun flexed his neck as he leaned back on his seat, he had just finished the last of the three meetings he had to attend to for the day. He loosened his tie and opened his laptop.

“Can you check the data from manager Jeong’s office, it’s incomplete.” He spoke as he heard the doors open.

“I can do that, but I don’t know how manager Jeong is.” A voice said, he looked up and smiled.

“So, apparently, I’m not used to being not allowed to work.” Sammy chirped as she walked in the room, Sehun stood up from his seat.

“You are allowed to work, Sammy.” He mused as the girl wrapped her arms around his waist, Sehun kissed the side of her head.

“Not allowed, better not to, same thing.” She rolled her eyes at him, but she was joking.

“Were you bored at home?” Sehun asked as the girl sat down, she nodded back before taking out a book.

“I picked up a book on the way here, I haven’t read in years, you should be proud of me.” She said to him, Sehun chuckled and went back to his desk, he picked up his phone and put on his coat.

“I have to step out in a bit, want to to tag along?”

“Where are you going?” Sammy asked him, Sehun leaned over and pressed his lips against hers, he put her book away before letting go.

“Just within the building, you can go back to your book later.” He winked before pulling her with him.

“But, I was just reconnecting with Mr. Darcy!” She sighed as they stepped out of the office.

“So, it’s Mr. Darcy over me now?” Sehun joked back as they headed for the elevators, employees would greet the couple politely as they passed by.

“Did you stab anyone yet?” Sehun said as they got inside the elevator.

“Almost.” She snorted at him, he grinned and just took her hand in his.

 

 

Somin puffed her cheeks as she looked around the office, Sehun was speaking with the manager as her assistant a few tables away from her.

Her eyes went the books on the filing cabinet, she glanced around again, Sehun caught her eye and he tilted his head at her. She shrugged back before stepping out of the office, she saw a vending machine.

Sammy took out her wallet from some change, she was about to insert the coins in when she felt a pair of hands on her waist.

“I’m starting to think this is a bad idea,” Sehun hummed as he pulled her to his chest, Sammy smiled to herself.

“I got thirsty, and I didn’t want to bother you.” She said as she studied the display panel again.

“I should take the rest of the day off; this isn’t going to work.”

Sammy didn’t reply as she pushed the coins in, deciding on the pineapple juice. Sehun refused to let go as she moved.

“What are you saying?” She asked as she opened the lid and took a small sip.

“I can’t work properly, you keep on distracting me.” Sehun murmured before turning her around to face him.

“I can wait in the car while you finish up.” She offered, Sehun took a sip from the juice before letting go.

“Like I’d let you out of my sight.” He rolled his eyes at her, Sammy grinned.

“Come on, let’s get some burgers on the way home too.” Sehun wrapped one arm around her waist as they walked.

“But I want fish and chips.”

“Fish and chips it is then.” Sehun corrected himself, Sammy beamed at him.

“And, some lemon squares?” He guessed.

“You know me so well, lawyer Oh.” She chuckled.

“More like I can’t tease you about the cravings, since I'm at fault too.” He joked back before kissing the side of her head.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++