Chapter 36

Haunted Fate

"A soul mate? are you kidding me?" Fate was shaking.

Seeing him confused, the sovereign waved uncomfortably on the throne and glanced at the Seer. The man, who was blind, realized this, and leaned over to whisper something to him. The sovereign immediately resumed his cheerful tone.

"Well ... apparently there was a little ... problem on the road which means that you have not met each other yet, but it turns out that he is in this room right now listening to us. "

Fate looked at the room uneasy.

"So we're going to play a game, if you find him before midnight, I'll listen to what you and your friends have to say to me, you came to talk about something important, right ?"

"This is not a subject to laugh sovereign." Nikolai thundered darkly.

Some people in the assembly retreated.

"Nikolai Deucius, what an honor to finally meet you." answered the sovereign .

Nikolai, trying to keep calm, bowed, and Taemin did the same except Ignis.

The sovereign did not seem to be upset. "When my Seer said that Nikolai Deucius was going to attend this evening, i prepared everything, the best of the best " he showed the room "do you like it?"

"Very." Nikolai answered confused.

"I heard so much about you, the first sorcerer created, you are a legend, a legend that, according to some, ended up disappearing under stranges circumstances."

Nikolai did not answer. Suddenly a man in the crowd walked forward.

"May I speak sovereign?"

"Do."

The man turned to Nikolai and bowed, "I am Adonis Lambra, the master of the Sorcerer community, and I would like to welcome you and tell you how happy we are to meet you." three other men joined him.

Nikolai also bowed "Ah ... glad to see that the community is doing well."

"Very well indeed, we would be more than honored to have you among us, we have opened a school in your name and your prophecies are engraved in the walls of Asclepios."

"I have a school in my name?" Nikolai asked surprised.

"The most famous."

"Although we do not appreciate the new director." Muttered one of the men behind Adonis.

"We don't know what happened  for you to disappear, but we are ready to be your allies if you have enemies." continued Adonis.

The crowd began to whisper.

"We know it has something to do with the Fae King and the Vampire master, but ..that's all." muttered one.

The guests shared rumors.

"Apparently, Nikolai killed himself after seeing the king and the vampire in the same bed."

"I heard the vampire killed Nikolai because he loved him."

"I heard that the King let the vampire enter on his territory to kill Nikolai."

"You've been the subject of gossip for a long time from what I see." Taemin mumbled to Nikolai.

Nikolai made a gesture of disdain "The past is the past, as you already seem to know I am here about ... another subject."

"Well, as I said before, help Fate to find his soulmate tonight and i will listen."said the sovereign.

Nikolai sighed loudly, "Very well."

"Wait." said a voice behind Nikolai.

Nikolai froze.

Key, the King Fae appeared among the crowd  "Me too I have something to say."