Chapter 20

Haunted Fate

"Are you sleeping ?"
Eyes closed but awake, Nikolai let out a smile "I don't know,maybe. Am i dreaming right now ?"
The laugh who followed his question made Nikolai's inside heated.

"If so then my nightmare was the longest and most suffering one in my long life."
Nikolai opened his eyes and looked at ceiling "Then tell me, what did you dream about, Key ?"

He felt near him his soul mate shift on the bed and look at Nikolai, but Nikolai didnt look back. He didn't have the courage yet.

The courage ? 
"I dreamed.." Key stopped abrutly when he heard his voice shake and letting out a breath said again "I dreamed that you were dead."

Neither of them talked for a moment until Nikolai said " I'm Nikolai Deucius.."
"Yeah i know you can't die. Too powerful." the words seemed irritated but his tone was amused.
Nikolai nodded.

"But here you died Nikolai. In my dreams, you really died."
Nikolai bit back a smile "Was my corpse an horrible sight ?" Key took nikolai's jaw in his hand and made him look at him.
Their eyes finally meet each other and Nikolai gasped. He was there, his soulmate, his Fae was there ! Something on the back of his mind nagged him, something was clearly wrong but he didnt want to think about it.

Key looked at him and whispered "God you are so beautiful."
Beautiful ? "I'm broken."
Huh ? why was he broken ? he didn't remember.

Key frowned looking at him from head to toe "What an odd things to say, is this word common on earth ?"
"Yeah." Nikolai didnt think he would use his world neither "When someone you love hurt you. You are considered broken."
But Nikolai didnt remember who broke him.

Key fingers let his jaw and without taking his eyes off him got up until he was above him. They looked at each other and Key asked quietly "Did i hurt you ?"

Did he ? "What do you think ?"
Key's eyes seemed oddly sad "That i am an..an.."
" ?"
After a shocked silence, Key laughed finally his eyes wet "Yeah..yeah. This is how you would have called me. An ."

Nikolai felt tears fall along his cheeks and here he remembered everything. Key cheated on him, he broke his promise, their mating. Nikolai felt his throat close saying angrily "It's you. Key you broke me."
Key bit his lips and nodded "I know."

"Look at me Key, just look." His hand was back at his deteriorated state. Red, dry blood on it and pale. "Look what did to me."
key's eyes widened "Is this because...because.. Oh." his eyes now were cold under his bangs "I'm dreaming right now right ? you are not Nikolai." 

Key suddently got up and Nikolai did the same looking around. They were at his castle. Again. Nikolai didnt like that one bit but he couldn't care less. He was freaking angry. Here he could feel his power back even if his body was still aching. He wanted to finish all for once. End this dream saying everything he had in his heart.

"This is all because of you. You killed me." He spated.
"Ok. Enough." Key looked around the piece "come out Fate, this isnt funny."
Nikolai went in front of him "Look at me !"
But Key ignored him "Fate ? come on i don't care i will not back off, wake me up."

Nikolai took him by the shirt and made him look in his eyes. "Have the decency to at least look at the man who you breaked the life. You broke me. From my trust, my faith, my love,my heart and my soul YOU BROKE ME ! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME AND CARE FOR ME, I GAVE UP MY HEART AND LIFE FOR YOU AND YOU CRUSHED IT !"
Key also took him by the shirt and said in voice echoing in the wall "YOU KILLED YOURSELF, YOU LEFT ME ! YOU COULD HAVE HEALED YOURSELF BUT NO YOU SIMPLY LEFT YOURSELF TO DIE."

Nikolai let his hands falling off Key's shirt and laughed so loudly that his throat hurt "Are you kidding me ? You are my mate. I mated you in our first night, do you really think i could live proprely without you ?" he made a take-a-look at his appearance "Does it look like it's worth being alive right now ?"

Silence.

"What ?"  croaked Key.

Nikolai shook his head . It was in this moment that Fate appeared and looked at Key "Why are you so loud ?" when Key didn't acknowledge him and still looked at Nikolai mouth agape, Fate turned toward him too. "I thought you would have do dirty things with him already. You searched for this idiot for a long time right ?"

Fate Alias Sungjong didnt change at all. He was still good looking with his white hair and black eyes. His cute appearance was very off with his bad character. He wasn't evil, but he liked to mock others and show that he has their lives in hand.
Key took Fate by the throat and squeezed it. "What did he mean ?"

"H...Huh ? what ?"
"What this illusion mean, why did he say that ?"

"Illusion what ?" Fate looked at him like he asked why the sky was blue.
"Why did he say he's my mate ?!" roared Key shaking him off.
"Because he's your mate Duh !"

Key stopped shaking him and Nikolai knew now what was happenning.Key asked the help of Fate to contact Nikolai. He still thought Nikolai was dead and wanted a last word with him.

But knowing Fate, soon he was going to take him to Taemin's house. If Key knew Nikolai was alive, then he would reveal it to his Kingdom.

Zitao would know about it too and search him once again to seek revenge, and even kill Taemin in the process. 

Nikolai recoiled and prayed that he had enough power to wake up and pack his things at home to disappear.
Key looked toward Nikolai thinking he was just an dream. before Nikolai coould wake up he heard his soulmate say "Take me to his reincarnation."

+++

He didnt wait one second.

He took Ignis and ran out of his bedroom as fast as he could ignoring the tears on his face and nearly fell off the stairs. His breathing was ragged but he pushed himself to his limits to go at the living room. Feeling a prickle of Magic coming inside the house he shouted "κλειστό με χιλιάδες κλειδί !"

He felt his magic even weakened answer at his request and act despite knowing his body couldnt take it. He spat an important amount of blood across the floor and his knees gave up under him, . That's it he was going to go lethargic for using so much power.

"What's happening ?" 
The familliar voice coming from outside the house made Nikolai jump.
"It seems we can't enter." Fate's voice said as a matter of fact.

"You said his reicarnation didn't have Nikolai's powers !"
"I said it but it seems that he's enough talented to use Nikolai's spells. He used the Thousand of Key thing."
"I don't care, he will open this door for the King."

Nikolai could feel his soulmate behind the door and the closeness God almighty, helped his body to regenerate.
"Wait, i can feel where he is and Taemin is not here."
"Then why is the house under protection ?"

"Maybe he has something to keep guarded in the house."
In the silence that followed, Nikolai breathed as little as possile.

"We will come back King, let's go for now."
"Take me to where is his reicarnation." asked Key.

"Not now, and i don't want you to interfere. Don't worry he will not disappear."
After that Nikolai couldnt hear nothing else and understood that they left. He got up and feeling definitely better looked at Ignis in the middle of his own blood "."

Before he could take Ignis in his arms he remembered Fate say that something was going to happen today to Taemin.
Taking a deep breath he looked at Ignis "Hey Ignis, i have a job for you."