Chapter 19

Haunted Fate

So the next day, planning to go to the Alpha's house, Nikolai decided to bring back Jaeshin again to life for his mate to smell him. Jaeshin appeared instantly in front of them, his eyes sparkling at the idea of seeing his mate again, like he didn't disappear pouting yesterday. On Taemin part he wasnt as eager for the ritual seeing Nikolai state. Yesterday they were in the dark talking so he didnt see the lacerations rolling up his arms and neck. Some parts of his skin were bright red, blood dried splattered on it. But Nikolai didnt want to hear Taemin's protest and said that if he didnt do the ritual now, he couldnt later.

At this Taemin agreed. Nikolai was obviously loosing strengh and for what he could see, he guessed Nikolai would never get back his powers again. Finding your mate should be a blessing, but for Nikolai it ended as a curse.

The ritual ended with Taemin projected agaisnt the furnitures and Nikolai under the book shelves -again- . Jaeshin having his body back instantly put clothes on and they had to slow him down physically -at least Taemin because Nikolai was really as weak as kitten now- or he would have left immediatly. Nikolai asked Jaeshin to persuade Ben that he was his mate and bond immediately after but Jaeshin frowned and said that he wanted to take his time before being bonded.

And so they started bickering again. Taemin for once was on Nikolai's side. He tried to make Jaeshin understand that Nikolai state was worse than before and that he had to keep his energy, obviously doing ritual like this one really exhausted him but Jaeshin having none of it, accused Nikolai of not liking him.

"Its true that i don't like you because you have the same eyes as that motherer." snarled Nikolai before under the horrified eyes of Jaeshin and taemin, teared a long part of his skin off his neck and threw it carelessly to the ground.

At their feet, the skin torn off looked like an old parchment -with dark smoke- making Taemin shudder. Jaeshin looked at it before looking right at Nikolai who was glaring at him. An akward silence passed before Jaeshin nodded.
"I will talk to him." Jaeshin answered quietly.

That was the first argument between them that Nikolai won, but the arrongant smirk they were waiting for didnt come. Nikolai simply took Ignis in his arms and left.++

Jaeshin and Taemin were in front of the house -or rather Mansion- of the Alpha Kai Elesung.
"Wow" breathed Jaeshin mesmerized.

It was huge. With a pang in the heart, Taemin felt like he was in one of the castles he saw in thoses anime he watched all weekends with his son. He missed Jun so much. When all this was settled, he promised himself to appeal to justice for shared custody.

They didn't even have the time to observe proprely that someone appeared in front of them making them jump.
"You are ?" asked the guard frowning at Taemin's blue eyes.

Lucky Taemin was used to it "Hm..i'm.." it occured him only now that maybe he should have called to say he was passing by. But of course it's not like he had the phone number. "I came here to talk to the Alpha."
At the mention of him, the guard straightened. "And you are ?"

"I'm Taemin Murakami and this man beside me is Jaeshin Murakami my cousin. We are here because we have some important informations."
The guard eyed them before nodding "Wait." Then the man stared at nothing for at least ten seconds.
Jaeshin passed a hand in front of him then looked at Taemin "Man, he's catatonic."

Immediatly the guard looked at them "Someone is coming to get you, wait here." then he left without a glance.
Ooh. He talked mind to mind with the Alpha.

The minutes stretched and Taemin had the ominous feeling that he was being watched.
Jaeshin beside him sighed heavily, his face sweating making Taemin look at him "Are you alright ?"
Jaeshin looked at him briefly "Yeah" he snorted "well.. today Ben is going to know that i'm his mate, that i'm a ghost and that he need to bond with me in less than 4 hours and 32 minutes."

Taemin bit his lips "You think he would reject you ?"
Jaeshin send him a glare "Of course no !..i mean yeah. Maybe. I don't know if you noticed but he didnt seems to like me much."

"He was a little desoriented because he was cursed a moment ago, i'm sure now he had calmed down. You'll see. Everything will be alright." Taemin patted Jaeshin's shoulders. It was weird touching him knowing he was a spirit moments ago.

"It's really you !"

Jaeshin and Taemin looked ahead at the voice and saw one of the Betas that came to their house, Liam. The man was walking toward them trying to hide a smirk behing his hands.
"Wow, i didnt think we would see you two so soon." he looked at Jaeshin and his smile widened "you are here for Ben ?"
Jaeshin arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms "Of course, so ?"

Liam looked nonchant while saying "Man, then hurry up because i just saw him go to his bedroom with a girl."

Silence.
Jaeshin's face changed to white, dark then red. "Where.Is.He." he asked ponctuating every words.

Liam pointed at the mansion innocently "That way. You take the stairs and go to the door number 24, there is woman sticker on it, you can't miss it.

Jaeshin clenched his teeth so hard that Taemin could feel them crack. He stomped toward the mansion leaving Liam and Taemin behind gasping.

"Wait, Jaeshin !" Jaeshin didnt listen and went inside.
Taemin looked at him leave stuttering "I'm so sorry !"

Liam shook his head "Don't be. The Alpha said to let him get inside. Nothing should come between mates."
Taemin's eyes widened "How.."

"We have eyes. Ben have not." he shook again his head "I'm sorry for your cousin though."
Taemin frowned "Why ?"
"Because Ben is straight."

. Ok it was going to be more complicated than they thought.

"Did you come here for him ?"
Taemin expelled a breath "No. Actually i have important informations about the Serial killer and i wanted a talk with your Alpha."

Liam nodded "Follow me."
Taemin did. Still feeling eyes watching him from somewhere.