Staying Up Late

Infinite Daddies

 

 

 

 

Woohyun paced back and forth across the living room as he did his best to soothe his crying child, "Oohh~ it's ok. Why are you crying? He's the meanie~"

"Buh--but," Infi sniffled in-between cries, "he said my pigtails were stupid!"

"Aww, but they're not, Sweetie~ They're super cute," he consoled her. Rubbing her back as she clung tightly to him.

"No~" Infi whimpered in disbelief, "Gochan called them stupid." Using her daddy's shoulder as a tissue to wipe her nose. 

"Ah? Infi ask for a tissue. A tissue~" Woohyun gasped. Whining alongside her now "Daddy's shirts are expensive..."

"What's ex-pen-sev?" she lifted her head up.

"It means that they cost a lot of money," he explained.

"Oh," Infi nodded as she leaned back and looked down at her daddy's shirt. "It must have cost ten whole dollars."

"Ten?" Woohyun chuckled. He was wearing a customed fitted light blue buttoned-down T-shirt..."Ten dollars? Wow~ That's super expensive!" Not, haha.

Regardless, Infi was still very upset. Her cheeks flush and tear-stained. He could see how hurt her feelings were. "Mmm Infi baby, what do you say we play dress up?"

"Omo!" she smiled, "I want to be a rich lady!" 

Success! Woohyun'd suggested one of Infi's favorite playtime games to cheer her up. And they were off, pretending to be rich aristocrats, firefighters, and whale rescuers. 

The fun never stopped. "Ah..." Woohyun wished Gyu could be home for this... But he wouldn't be back from his schedule until 10 pm. 

Alas, Woohyun finally realized the time hours later, "Omo, Baby, it's past your bedtime. Let's clean up," Gyu'd be home soon. 

"Waa?" but Infi cried, "But we haven't saved the baby whale yet!"

"Omo! That's right!" Woohyun gasped, coming up with a quick solution. Then his phone rang, "Ah, one-second, Sweetie. Daddy will be right back."

"Gasp! That must be Mr. Seagull with his report! Hurry back, Captain!"

Returning to character, Woohyun agreed, "Yes, you're right, Mr. Seagull's report!"

He answered the phone, "Ne, this is your Captain speaking."

"..." He could hear Gyu's amusement over the other end. The lack thereof. 

"Ne?" Woohyun chuckled awkwardly after Gyu refused to respond to that. 

"..I'm stuck here," Gyu hung up without telling Woohyun the details. 

"Wae?" Woohyun was taken aback, "Gyu? Hyung?" Staring at his phone, "...He hung up..." 

When Infi ran over, "What did he say Captain?"

"..He said..." Woohyun struggled to come up with a response, "That we'll see him tomorrow." That's right, he must have been held up by something/someone at work.

"Really?" Infi cocked her head. Upset that her appa wouldn't be home tonight. 

"Ne.." Woohyun saw her little pouty face and relented, "Now now, sailor, we don't have time for tears. We have a baby whale to save!" Bedtime could wait.  

Then before he knew it Infi'd concocted another wild story and he couldn't help but indulge her creativity. "Off to the Rainforest! We have bananas to pick!" 

The following morning Woohyun was awoken by Gyu lightly kicking his shoulder blade, "Wake up, you idiot."

"Huh? Oh, Hyung, you're home.." Woohyun smiled while rubbing his eyes, "Welcome home."

Gyu only nodded as he looked down at him, "What's all of this?" 

The living room was a total mess with sheets thrown around everywhere. Pots and pans on the floor... both Woohyun and Infi curled up on the floor together under a tent.

"..." Woohyun looked around to collect his thought, "We went on a safari expedition..." Chuckling, "Hyung, we even saw rhinos, and this one giraffe's neck went all the way--"

Gyu sighed, "...Manipulated again..." before leaving him, to brew a cup of coffee.

"Wha--?" Woohyun huffed. Gyu could at least pretend to play along.

But honestly, all he could do was shake his head while dropping some cold-hard truth, "Woohyun, Infi doesn't know a boy named Gochan. She made him up."

"What?" Woohyun gasped, wiggling out from underneath the tent to follow him. Careful not to wake her, "What did you say?"

"I said," Gyu cleared his throat, "Infi made Gochan up. He's imaginary."

"Agh.." Woohyun frowned, scratching the back of his neck, "Did she?" Unwilling to accept the truth. 

But Gyu nodded, "I asked. There's no Gochan at Infi's daycare."

"Then--?" Woohyun puffed his cheeks out, "But..." He'd been tricked. Not just once, but on multiple occasions.

"How many times have you fallen for it?" Gyu accused him. "She knows that you're easy. All she has to do it bat an eyelash and cry, and you'll let her stay up all night long."

"I..." Woohyun's feelings were hurt now. 

"Agh.." Gyu griped, "That's right. She lied to you." 

"..Ne..." Woohyun sat down at the dinner table to sulk. "Why am I so stupid?"

"...Great.." now Gyu felt like an . "You're not stupid, you're gullible."

But Woohyun snapped at him,"That's not the right answer!"

"What!?"

"That's not the right answer~" he pouted, "You're supposed to cheer me up~"

"Fine!" Gyu kissed him. 

"That'll work," Woohyun beamed. Manipulation succeeded. 

"Tch..."

"Haha," Woohyun was laughing again, "Aish.." He finally confessed, "Is it really so bad that I fell for it the first few times?" Nodding his head, "I knew it. I knew! But, she's too cute to say no to! And I love staying up and playing with her!" 

"Aigoo? You knew!?" Gyu gasped. 

"Yes, I knew! I'm not a total idiot!" Woohyun chuckled.

"What?" Gyu glared at him now, "You're letting her break curfew?"

"So? We're not home as much as we'd like. Why can't I let her break curfew every once in a while? We have so much fun together."

"..." Gyu wanted to hit his husband, but he had a point.  

 

**********

 

Likewise, Hoya walked in that morning to find Dongwoo and Ubi curled up on the couch together. 

"Hyung..? Hyung?" he softly shook Dongwoo awake, "Morning~"

"Mnngh, " Dongwoo smiled as he opened his eyes, "Morning~" Adding, "Shhh, she's still out," as he looked down to check on her. 

"Ubi anyong," Hoya chuckled. their daughter's hair as he whispered, "Why are you out here?"

Dongwoo smirked, "She wanted to stay up late, so we decided to watch a movie together."

"What did you watch?"

"I don't remember~" his lover confessed, "Ubi was out in twenty minutes, then I passed out too."

"Aigoo~" Hoya pecked Dongwoo's cheek. 

 

 

++++++++++

 

Ubi couldn't keep her eyes open, while Infi ran around saving the planet.