Ubi on Set

Infinite Daddies

 

Note: Includes spoilers from Hoya's "Devilish Joy" drama. Nothing big though.

 

++++++++++

 

 

Just some snippets of when Hoya takes Ubi to work with him.

 

 

"Kyaa~ so you want to be an actress when you grow up~?" Song Hayoon, Hoya's co-star in "Devilish Joy," fawned over Ubi in between shoots. She absolutely adored the little girl. "Then should I mentor you~?"

"Uwa~" Ubi gasped in astonishment. She'd never met a real-life actress before. Hayoon was her first, and she was so pretty. Ubi was star struck, "N-ne.."

"Kyaa~ you're too adorable! Ne, then let's get to work while Appa's busy, ok? Can you show me your best happy face? An actress must be good at expressing different emotions~" Hayoon cooed.

"Happy?" Ubi smiled brightly. Instantly agreeing to follow any command that this goddess gave her.

"Oh, so good~. Now can you show me your sad face?" Hayoon pouted.

"Sad?" Ubi frowned cutely.

"Omo~ mad?" Hayoon crossed her arms and huffed.

Ubi scowled as hard as she could. 

"Ohh~ you're super mad~ I'm scared. I'm scared," Hayoon played with her.

"What!? No, don't be sad!" Ubi gasped. Genuinely shocked that she'd frightened the actress.

When Hayoon exhaled a deep sigh of relief, "Omo, you're too good at this. Should I give you my job? Should we re-shoot and have Ubi play Gibeum instead~?"

"Uwa, really?" Ubi's eyes sparkled. 

"Ne~" Hayoon clicked her tongue and turned to the staff. Rubbing her palms together as she begged them to make it happen.

Soon, everyone who wasn't actually busy on set banded together and put together a pretend scene for Ubi to play Gibeum in. While Hayoon, (Gibeum, herself) assumed the duties of the director and screenwriter. Quickly teaching Ubi her lines and motivation, "Ne, so in this scene, Gibeum has to use all of her aegyo to cheer Masung Oppa up after a hard day of work. Can you do that?" 

"Ne!" Ubi shouted in confidence.

"Great! Now let's get you all dolled up while we wait for Masung to arrive~" she giggled as she picked Ubi up and carried her over to the makeup desk. While a cordi ran off to "borrow" Hoya for a "quick outfit check" - in between takes on the active side of the set. 

"Huh?" Hoya scratched his head as she escorted him back to the waiting area, "I thought that I already tried on everything...?"

"Aigoo," the cordi waved her hand at him, "That was only an excuse. Now go over there, the sets all ready to go. Shoo shoo, don't keep your co-star waiting. Focus on Camera B."

"Huh?" Ok, now Hoya was even more confused, but he still did as told. Carefully walking past the cameraman, onto the set of Masung's living room. Quietly asking him, "Where do I stand?" as he scanned around for his "co-star." Only to find Hayoon - eagerly pointing to behind the couch.

"Ah, ne?" he walked over to slowly peek behind it. When Ubi popped out and squealed, "Omo!?"

Pouting her lips out as she recited her lines, "Masung Oppa~ Gibeummie's been waiting all day long~! Did you work hard? Should I do aegyo to cheer you up~?" Before mimicking every aegyo that Dongwoo and Woohyun had ever taught her. The Three Bears song, "I saw a ghost," Kwiyomi song, and more. 

"Aigoo..." Hoya blushed more than he'd like to admit, accidentally looking into the camera and breaking the fourth wall at one point. 

"Mmmmm~ Masung Oppa?" Ubi asked, poking her cheeks, "Do you feel better now?"

"Agh, ne!" Hoya laughed, "Masung Oppa feels like his soul's been brought back to life. I feel like a whole new man!" Ending the scene with a kiss on her forehead, "I love you, mwuah~" knowing that he had to hurry and run back to set. "Uwwa~ you're Gibeum today? Wow, Auntie Hayoon's so nice to you. Can you say thank you to her?"

"Mhm!" Ubi ran over to give Hayoon a hug, "Thank you Auntie Hayoon! For letting me play Gibeum!"

"Aww, you're welcome~," Hayoon replied. Adding, "And Appa played Masung's role very well too, don't you agree?"

"Ne! Now Appa can play Masung's role instead of Kijoon's!"

"Haha, ok, ok," Hoya laughed. Not about to bring that up with Jinhyuk Hyung later. "Alright, Appa has to return to work now, ok? Bye bye Ubi. I'll work extra hard now that I'm all refreshed."

"Ne~" Ubi cheered for him, "Good luck Appa! Break a leg!" 

"Waa~" Hoya remembered to thank the others before leaving, as well. He loved his little surprise. Though he did have one complaint, "But did you have to put makeup on her? She's too young."

"Oh hush," Hayoon shushed him, "She's an actress. We need it to accentuate or natural charms. That, plus the lighting is way too strong in here."

"Haha, ok. I'll be sure to tell Dongwoo Hyung that.." he chuckled. Recalling Dongwoo's lecture one day about not allowing Ubi to wear any makeup until she's at least 16. "...So, the camera really filmed it, right?" 

"Ne! It's going on The Behind The Scenes real."

"Omo!?"

"That's right!" Hayoon chuckled.

"C-can I have it sooner?" He'd have to take it up with the film editors to get his own copy before leaving that night.

 

 

**********

 

After playing around with staff for another hour, Ubi realized how much she missed her appa again and got a little fussy. She wanted to watch him film his scenes. Not wait around and sleep offset. When a staff member finally agreed to take her over to the active shoot

"Now remember, shhh. You can't make a sound."

"Mhm," Ubi nodded her head, promising to stay quiet. 

Alas, staying quiet was ridiculously impossible for the sweet 4-year-old. Because what the lady had failed to realize was that Hoya was currently filming his first kiss scene with Lee Jooyeon.

"Gah?" Ubi gasped, "How could she?" flabbergasted that the woman had pecked her Appa on the lips. Those lips were Daddy's, not hers! Like a whiplash, all respect that Ubi'd had for the woman - as a famous actress - was stripped from her. 

Thankfully no one around the set had heard her little outburst. But, oh~, everyone would know soon enough. Everyone would know~. After Take 4, Ubi'd had it. Squirming in the staff member's arms, "Let me go! Let me go!"

"Cut!"

"Aigoo!?" Hoya snapped out of character as soon as he'd recognized his daughter'a voice. Instantly apologizing to the director, on his knees, "I'm so so sorry, I know that I shouldn't have brought her! She's usually so well behaved!"

"Ugh.." the director held his head in exasperation. Shaking it, "No, no... It's alright. Let's just take a break for now." Why not? He already had a headache, "Everyone, we'll resume filming in 30!"

"N-ne," Hoya cringed, "I'm sorry." Apologizing to everyone else, especially Lee Jooyeon.

"Aww. No, it's ok," Jooyeon shook her head, "She's too cute to be mad at. She must have missed you so much. Haha." 

"Agh, ne.." Hoya agreed, nervously scratching the back of his neck as Ubi ran up to him.

"Appa! Appa!" she hugged his leg before he picked her up and introduced her to his co-star.

"Ubi, this is Lee Jooyeon. She's an actress. You like actresses, right? Say hi."

"Kyaa, hello Ubi~," Jooyeon smiled. But Ubi only glared at her briefly before tucking her head into Hoya's shoulder. 

"Omo?" Hoya looked at her in shock, "Ubi, why?"

"Agh," Jooyeon frowned, "..I guess she doesn't like me..?"

"Agh, no! No!" Hoya gasped, "She's probably just grumpy!" Making up an excuse for her, "Right, Ubi? Are you sleepy? Hungry?"

But Ubi grunted, "No," as she buried her face further into his neck. Practically choking him with her hug.

"No? Really?" Hoya awkwardly exchanged glances with his co-star. 

When Jooyeon pouted, "...Ooohh, I get it~." Snickering as she whispered into his ear, "It's because I kissed Appa~."

"Agh? Is it?" Hoya quietly mouthed back, "Agh~" nodding his head. 

"Ne~ she thinks that I'm tempting you~" she .

"Aigoo..."

"Haha," Jooyeon patted Ubi on the back, "It's alright Ubi, I won't steal your Appa away, I promise."

But Ubi only huffed.

"Omo~" so Jooyeon then switched tactics - from apologizing to tickling her instead, "kyahahaha, I'll tickle you until you like me~." 

"Hihihihihi!" Ubi giggled, unable to withstand the vicious attack.

"Kayahaha!" she won.

Ubi gave in, but she still didn't want to like the bad lady.

"Aww, Honey, you don't have to worry. I only kissed your appa because the script told me to.." Jooyeon sniffled as if she was forced to do it against her will, "The director made me do it..."

Hoya scoffed at his co-star pretending to play the victim. But alas, he played along too, "Ne, me too. Mister Director made me do it. Appa didn't want to, either." 

"Ne!" Ubi shouted, "I could tell that Appa didn't like it! His face was all squished up and yucky! So why did you do it? Why did you kiss my Appa?"

"Mmhhmm because we had to~," Jooyeon whined, "Because actors have to do what the director says..."

"Hmmm..." Ubi thought about it. "Ok..." she'd accept it for now. But she wouldn't let it happen again. "I don't like directors then."

"Haha."

"...I don't want to be an actress anymore.."

"..Huh..?" Hoya gasped.

 

 

**********

 

Later that afternoon, Ubi awoke in the stylist's office after her mid-day nap.

"You're awake now?" the stylist asked.

"..Ne..."

"I heard that you don't want to be an actress anymore.." she commented, after hearing about all the fuss earlier.

"Nu-uh...I don't like it..." Ubi shook slowly her head. Not as long as "mean" directors existed. 

"Then.." the lady smirked, wanting to cheer up the little girl, "would you like to be a stylist, instead, like me~?"

"A stylist?" Ubi's ears perked up.

"Ne, how about I let you pick out Appa's next outfit?" she giggled.

And that's when they both discovered that they loved something in common. 

Fast-forward a few weeks, Inspirits all gathered around their TVs and laptops to watch the latest episode of "Devilish Joy." Only to all end up asking the same question, "Hoya Oppa, why are you wearing that? lol, It's cute!"

So many, that Hoya had to respond on SNS, "Ubi did this to me..." Not that he was complaining, but of course, his little "Army Girl" would put him in BTS's Mang pajamas. Like the little "Infinite Traitor" she is~ haha.

At least the other members got a good laugh out of it.

BTS, too. 

 

 

++++++++++

 

NOTES:

A) Kijoon's first kiss with Haim: She's daring him to do it, but he can't bring himself to. So she pulls him in and pecks him instead. 

B) Mang Pajamas. A legit thing. He's wearing them while whining like a big baby about the kiss. Mang is J-Hope's cartoon horse-like character. 

Kijoon's character is so dumb, spoiled, and hilarious! XD