What If?

I Am My Sister's Memory

"Has anyone seen Mi Hyun?"

 

Young Bae looked up from talking to Daesung, Seung Hyun and Ji Yong,  at the sound of his wife's name to see Seungri before him, "Isn't she with her sister?" he asked.

 

Seungri shook his head, "Jung Hyun said she left to go to the restroom like half an hour ago and she hasn't been back since. I thought she came back to sit with you."

 

Young Bae stood up, fear gripping him as he searched the reception hall. No sign of his wife and her wedding gown were to be found among the sea of people who filled the reception hall. 

 

"Should we go look for her?" Daesung asked, standing up from his place as well. The other two members simply sat at the table, looking as suave as ever, completely unperturbed by the missing bride's whereabouts.

 

"She probably just went to the car, you three," Seung Hyun calmly stated, crossing his arm's, "Young Bae, give her a little more time. Seungri can go look for her."

 

"I'm her husband," Young Bae said, "I should go look for her."

 

Seungri shook his head, "Hyung, it's better if you stay here. Don't alarm the guests. I'll go look for her. I'll probably be able to find her quicker anyways. I already got an idea of where she could be."

 

Young Bae looked at his band mate, before sighing, "Fine," he relented, "But find her fast."

 

He simply nodded, turning around and walking away.

 

Daesung placed a hand on Young Bae's shoulder, "Hyung, calm down," he smiled reassuredly when he looked at him, "I'm sure she just went out for some fresh air."

 

Young Bae, sitting down, "Yeah. Fresh air."

 

____________________________________________________

 

"Noona, here you are. Geez, I've been looking all over for you."

 

Mi Hyun turned from her perch at the balcony railing, at the familiar sound of Seungri's voice, relaxing when she saw him walk up towards her, "Hey, Gri. Why have you been looking all over for me?"

 

He shrugged, "No one could find you. Why are you out here anyways? It's cold."

 

She shrugged, "I just wanted some fresh air. And a breather from everyone in there."

 

He simply nodded, joining to stand beside her. They simply stood there for several minutes, before he cleared his throat, "So... How do you feel?"

 

She didn't give a respond, and he didn't ask for one, for several moments.

 

After some time, she looked up at him, to surprise him with tears washing down her face, "Honestly, Seungri... It makes me feel used. Like all this time, all my hard work went into just getting married off to someone I now have to act to be something I'm not even sure I am."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I mean," she turned to him, "Can I really make it to be Taeyang's wife?

 

Seungri thought about that for a minute, before jokingly saying, "Well... In terms of temperament, maybe not so much. But, in terms of how you two work out, I believe you can make him happy and he can make you happy. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks, Noona. Just think about what you two want and need."

 

She giggled, in spite of herself, "Oh Gri..." she hugged him, "How can this be so easy for you to say, but so hard for me to believe?"

 

"Because you just need to trust in yourself, Noona," he whispered, reassuredly, hugging her back, "Ever since Mae Hyun-sshii died you've been really sad. And lost. But Hyung can help you out. I know he can. Stop worrying about the fans, and what the company thinks, and even what Umma-nim thinks. Just learn to see yourself like how you are, Noona."

 

She simply nodded, sniffling, "I... I know I should. I just... I don't know where to start," she said, pulling back to look up at her best friend.

 

He smiled, "Thats where Hyung comes in. Help him, and vice versa. Hyung needs some help to," he smiled sadly, "He acts so happy to everyone around him, but I know better, Noona. After you act happy for so long you lose your sanity. And he has a darker side to himself, and you do too. I think you b oth can help each other. But not," he chuckled, "By having babies."

 

Mi Hyun burst out laughing, "Seungri! That's not okay to say. Here I am, a married woman, crying over this stuff, and you want to say that stuff?"

 

He shrugged, "I wanted to throw in a joke."

 

She shook her head, pulling away from him and turning to face the doors leading back into the hall, "I suppose you're right," she said, her back to him as she looked down at her ring, "I can try... But what if I don't make it?"

 

Seungri shrugged, "Try for yourself. That's all you need to do, Noona."

 

She simply nodded, before taking his hand and walking back into the hall, "Thank you, Seungri. I don't know what I'd do without you."

 

He smiled, "You'll never have to worry about that, Noona. I'll always be around."