Rules

I Am My Sister's Memory

Young Bae nodded, looking back at her, "Yeah... Like... The rules we should set down between us."

 

She nodded, simply staring back at him. In truth, she didn't want rules. She didn't like them, and they never really ever worked out. They weren't what had gotten her, her dream, and they certaintly hadn't entirely kept her their. Sometimes, the rules were meant to be broken, but this was something she wouldn't share with him.

 

He took her silence as a cue to go on, "I think... I think we should set some ground rules. Just, as a way to keep us grounded in the marriage. Okay?"

 

"Yeah, of course," she responded, "So... What do you have in mind?"

 

He shrugged, "Well... Don't talk about problems we might have in the relationship to anyone outside of our family. We don't exactly need the whole world to know what we're fighting about."

 

"Okay. I can agree to that," she said, "But... I also want to add something in."

 

He nodded, "Go ahead."

 

"No going out with a friend of the opposite gender unless the other knows and we're okay with it."

 

He nodded, narrowing his eye's a little, "So this applies to us both?"

 

She nodded, "If you want to go out on a date with someone, then by all means, go ahead, just let me know and I'll more then willing be okay with it. The same goes for me. We just have to let each other know and be fine with it."

 

He shrugged, "Okay then. Good with me," he bit his lip before saying, "If you and I go out on a date together, all dates must be planned, but only because of job scheduling reasons. Otherwise, I'll gladly take you out if we're both not busy."

 

She nodded, "Okay, I can deal with that.

 

He looked away awkwardly, an even more awkward silence filling the air between them, "Sooo..." he started slowly, "Thats it?"

 

She nodded, smiling faintly, "Thats it. I really don't think we need to establish any other rules. Aside from laundry and other chores, but we can figure those out later anyways, so I'm good with the rules for now."

 

He nodded, looking at her, "Okay."

 

Mi Hyun picked up her menu, glancing down at it, "So, the Cassoulet looks good."

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

First author note! Yay!

 

So, it might look really awkward between these two, but that'd probably be most people's reactions anyways. I can't really see anyone who was basically forced into a marriage to be oh-so happy about it unless they really really wanted it. (hint hint, this will come up later in the story).

 

At the current moment I can't tell you how long this will be, but, by the looks of it, it might be pretty long.

 

So! Keep on reading, and enjoying this story! Leave your comments below! I love comments whether good or bad (well... Just keep your thoughts to yourself if they're not appropiate).

 

Annyeong!