Realization

I Am My Sister's Memory

Young Bae walked down one of the many hallways of YG Headquarters, following the blasting music coming from one of the dance studios. As he approached the studio, he got more and more nervous with each step.

 

Stop it, you babo, he chastised himself, shaking his head at his sudden nerves before stopping in front of the door. Shakily, his hand came up to the doorknob, turning it lightly as he peeked inside, waiting to see his wife dancing to the beat of song.

 

Instead, he found her laughing as she danced with another man to the song playing from the speakers. The young man at her side twirled her, spinning her out as they danced. The dance was flowing and smooth, showing how they worked so well with each other as they stepped around and to each other.

 

It wasn't until they were face to face that Young Bae realized that they were dancing to his song, 'I Need A Girl.' He let the door fall unceremoniously back upon the door frame, letting it shut with a force. Mi Hyun and the young man stopped dancing, Mi pulling back to look over to see her husband standing several feet from her.

 

Gasping, she dropped her hands and stepped towards him instinctiously, reaching out to him, "Young Bae? Wh-Wha..." She shook her head, narrowing her eye's, "What are you doing here?"

 

"I came here to talk to you. About last night. I thought you'd be alone," he said pointedly, looking over at the young man who at least had the decency to step far away from  Mi Hyun and look slightly ashamed.

 

"Uhm, yo. I'm Park Hyun Jae, Mi-ah's new dance partner," the young man said, bowing to Young Bae quickly before turning to Mi Hyun, "I should get going. Gotta go work out with the twins for a while."

 

Mi Hyun nodded, not taking her eye's from Young Bae even as Hyun Jae packed up his things and left.

 

Once the door closed, Mi Hyun cleared , "So... What did you want to say?"

 

Young Bae stepped forward, sighing, "I'm sorry about last night."

 

"E-Excuse me?" Mi Hyun asked, startled at his statement.

 

"I never should of acted like that. I was just..." he sighed, stepping towards her, "Mi Hyun, you have to understand, I was mad. Upset. I honestly believed you went into this willingly. I never realized that your family would do something like that. I'm really, really sorry."

 

Mi Hyun stared at him for a moment, before stepping closer to him and putting her hand on his arm, "I know... I'm sorry too. I can't..." she shook her head, "I can't tell you why I was so upset. But I was. But you have to understand, Young Bae," she looked up at him, "I never meant for you to overhear that conversation last night."

 

"Then why say it?" he demanded, looking at her, "Why say it if you didn't mean it?"

 

She sighed, "Because my mother's demanding me to... To...." she sighed, "To consumate the marriage and have your child. Make it official. So that you can't have any reason to divorce me. She's using me as a fertile object to establish her wishes. I'm not Mae Hyun, and thats what she expects."

 

Young Bae sighed, reaching out and grabbing her around the waist as he cocooned her in his arm's, "Mi, I don't see you like that. And we don't have to do anything until you're ready. But please, just understand that I don't see like Mae. What's it going to take for you to see that?"

 

She shrugged, pulling away to look at him, "Nothing. Because I know the truth."

 

He sighed, "I just wish you could see that I'm not like your mother," he leaned down and kissed her. Upon pulling away he looked at her again, "Give me a shot please?"

 

She looked at him silently, stunned from his kiss, before nodding dumbly, "Al-Alright. I will... I can't promise it'll be easy, but I will. Or try anyways."

 

"I'm just asking you to try."

 

She nodded, looking away and to their reflection in the floor to ceiling mirror, noting how they seemed to fit together perfectly.

 

______________________________________________________________________

The start of something between these two? Hmm... We'll have to wait and see. By the way, be prepared to see a lot more of Hyun Jae a lot more in future chapters. He's not going away yet, and I sense something on the horizon now.