Unexpected In-Law Filled Visit

I Am My Sister's Memory

Young Bae looked up from his seat in the van as it stopped. He looked out the tinted windows, to see that they were parked out in front of Mi Hyun's parent's home. He sighed, looking down at his wife, not wanting to wake her up, but gently shook her awake.

 

Mi Hyun groaned quietly, opening her eye's to see that the van had parked outside of her parent's home. She immiedetly frowned, ignoring the look that Young Bae gave her as the doors opened and everyone but her got out.

 

"Mimi-ah?"

 

"Why are we here?" she calmly said, watching as their families came out to see them.

 

Young Bae shrugged, silently surprised at her cold voice. Back to square one, he thought, remembering how Mi Hyun had been the first few days of their honeymoon. Weary with sudden moods shifts to being cold til she got comfortable around him. He looked over to the porch where he smiled lightly to his family.

 

Even though she would of liked to throw a fit and demand that they go to a hotel, Mi Hyun sighed, deciding against it. She stepped out of the van, grabbed her bags and followed her husband up the walk way to where their families were standing.

 

"Welcome back, Newlyweds!" their families cheered, reaching out to hug them. After being passed around to all their family members and being hugged and kissed (Mi Hyun giggled when she saw Young Bae's mother give him a sloppy kiss on the cheek, leaving a faint, red lipstick mark), they were ushered into the home and settled into the dining room.

 

"So, how was Paris?" Mrs. Dong started, smiling brightly at the two, "Did you two have fun?"

 

"Mama, I'm sure maknae doesn't want to talk about that sort of stuff when it's inappropiate," Hyun Bae teased, wrapping an arm around his wife and their infant son.

 

Mi Hyun blushed, not expecting that comment even while everyone laughed at the joke. She was all but ashamed to say that she had not, under any circumstances, even bothered to consumate her marriage. She laughed along, even while Young Bae looked at her, throwing a weary glance her way.

 

"Well, as long as they start giving us grandkids soon, it's all alright," Mrs. Kim stated, giving Mi Hyun a knowing glance, all but physicalyl asking her if she had, indeed, consumated her marriage. Mi Hyun looked away from her mother, coughing lightly.

 

Young Bae quietly reached over and grabbed Mi Hyun's hand, more out of habit then out of reassurance. She smiled, squeezing his hand lightly, noticing that their families hadn't failed to notice the action.

 

Mrs. Kim coughed quietly, "Mi Hyun, please come help me with dinner. I believe it's almost ready," with that said, she didn't even wait for Mi Hyun before walking off into the kitchen.

 

Mi Hyun sighed, getting up and letting go of Young Bae's hand, smiling to her in-laws and family before following her mother.

 

Upon entering the kitchen, her mother closed the kitchen doors, and faced Mi Hyun.