Please...?

I Am My Sister's Memory
I suggest listening to Mark Agustin's 'Alone' and 'Be Together.' The man is amazing, and those songs inspired me to write this chapter.

_____________________________________________

Mi Hyun sighed as she parked her car in her apartment's hanger, getting out and closing it. She smiled at the sound of it's beep, realizing how much she had missed her own car, having been driven around by YG-owned vehicles or in Young Bae's own car.

She walked to the elevator, intent on taking a hot shower to wash away the day, and finding a way to talk to Young Bae, before she suddenly saw a familiar silver car parked two spaces down from hers. She approached it catiously, letting out a light gasp as her suspicion was confirmed.

Young Bae was home.

Suddenly nervous, she fidgeted on the spot, not certain of what to do.

"He said that no matter what you did, or what your part was in the act, he still loves you. He can't bring himself to hate you..." Teddy's voice resounded in her head.

She sighed, nodding lightly as she her heel and walked into the building.

____________________________________________

Mi Hyun let out a quiet whoosh of air, to calm her nerves, as she entered her apartment. She clearly saw Young Bae's shoes left on the floor, neatly arranged next to the space where her's usually went. Sliding her shoes off, she placed them next to his, and walked further in, spotting her husband's fohawk head lying against the back of the sofa.

She stepped up to him, noticing the earphones stuck in his ears. Tapping his shoulder lightly, she flinched as he turned around sharply around to look at her. Taking a step back, she cringed, not sure of what she wanted to hear.

He sighed, pausing the music on his phone as he slid the buds out of his ears and turned towards her. He silently looked at her, worry clouding his face instantly as he stood up and approached her, "Why are you so thin?"

She stared back at him, noticing his frailer form, surprising to notice since he was so muscular, "I haven't been very hungry...?"

He shook his head, stepping forward and wrapping putting his hand on her arm, "I'm... Uhm... I'm sorry about the other day. I just came back to check up on you. Seungri told me you were getting off early today," he said, pulling back and turning away from her as he grabbed his things.

She nodded, "I'm fine," she looked away, shaking her head, "Young Bae...?"

He turned back to her, "Yeah?"

She grabbed his hand, pleading with her eye's, not wanting her voice betray her, "Can we talk?"

He stared at her silently, unsure of what to do. Concern clouded his features, before he silently nodded, sitting back down on the sofa. Scooting over, he watched as Mi Hyun silently turned the television off, before walking over to sit next to him.

She sighed, looking down at her hand's, speaking to them, "I know what you saw on the tv that night didn't look right. I just," she looked up at him, "I don't know why I did it. You saw right. I did kiss him back. Some part of me wanted to."

"Why?" he questioned, looking away from her.

She shrugged, "Because I'm stupid. Because I wanted to forget the fact that I was the wife of the sweetheart of Big Bang. I wanted to forget that my parent's forced me into it. I know it was wrong. But Hyun Jae threw it in my face that all I would ever be to you and to everyone else would be a replacement Mae."

"He was lying to you, Mi-"

Mi Hyun smiled, cutting him off, "I don't know that, do I? You haven't always proven me differently that you see me, and not my dead sister."

He looked at her, anger and hurt filling his eyes and words, "And you have? When have you ever made it clear that you wanted this marriage as much as I have? I wanted this marriage, Mi Hyun."

"You wanted it because some part of you also figured I'd be like Mae Hyun, right?" she questioned him, trying to keep her voice light.

He looked away from her.

"I thought so," she whispered, looking away, "I told you the truth the night of the party with my family: they did threaten to keep me from Jung Hyun. I did go into this marriage mostly because of her, and mostly because I had no other choice. Do you honestly think my mother, being the way she is, would allow me another option, Young Bae?" she asked, suddenly tearing up, "I did what I did for good reason."

He sighed, turning to look at her. She stared at him with honesty written all over her face. She hid nothing from him. Not the way it usually was between them.

She sniffled, wiping her nose with a tissue she grabbed from the coffee table as she tucked her leg's under her, "I went into this thinking that I would never fall in love with you. So many families like that ones you and I came from are built that way. My own mother and father have learned to become slight friends. You're lucky your parent's learned to love each other. I vowed, that as I was the basic replacement for Mae Hyun, I wouldn't fall in love with you. We'd be happy for the public, and just learn to live in peace outside of it. I didn't want to betray my sister, Young Bae."

"What are you talking about?" he asked, reaching out for her, "You never betrayed her."

She shook her head, "Mae Hyun cared about you so much, I'm sure she loved you. She never told me so, but I can guess as much. I didn't want to betray her feelings for you. It felt like I was stealing you away. I was forced into something to live in my sister's shadow, to live as her memory. I'm the closet thing to my sister's memory, Young Bae. That was made clear to me before and during this whole marriage. I'm just sad to say that I messed up. I fell for the one person I promised I wouldn't."

He stared at her, this quiet, twenty-four year old girl who had been mourning the death of her sister, and suffering for that very death. He shook his head, reaching out and wrapping his arm's around her, pulling her against his chest.

"I love you too," he whispered into the crook of her neck, pushing her hair to the side.

Mi Hyun shook her head, pulling back after a while, but lacing her hand's with his, "I'm so sorry for what happened that day. I can't forgive my actions, and I won't ask you to do the same, but please," she whimpered, unable to finish her sentence, "Give us one more shot. If we can learn to love, I swear, this time around, I'll love you right."

He nodded, brushing her hair back, seeing the hurt in her eye's before leaning in and kissing her, pulling her into his lap. She wrapped her arm's around his neck, straddling his lap as she deepened the kiss, hoping for the response she hoped to hear.

He pulled back, kissing her tears away, "I'll love you right too."