We Have To Try

I Am My Sister's Memory

Mi Hyun stared blankly at the screen in front of her. She was in one of the many recording studios at YG headquarters, sitting alongside Teddy as they played around with one of her songs. She fiddled with the soundboard, trying to see how her voice sounded with autotune and without.

 

"Hey, hey. Chill, girly," Teddy chastised lightly, grabbing her hand and taking it off the equipment, "Don't want you to hurt the equipment."

 

Mi Hyun nodded, yawning as she leaned back in her seat, "Sorry, Teddy-Oppa. It's just been a long day. I'm ready to go home after we're done with this song," she stretched, before slumping limply in her seat. Over the past several weeks since her and Young Bae's fight, they had tried to grow closer, making time in the coming weeks to get to know each other. And as surprised as she was, she found herself falling just a little harder for him each time he made her laugh or smile.

 

It more then likely helped that they had rarely seen their families, leaving little room for the drama that her own mother seemed to like to cause.

 

"Mi. Mi-ah. Mi Hyun-ah! KIM MI HYUN!"

 

Mi Hyun looked up in surprise to see her friend and back-up dancer, Park Hyun Jae snapping his fingers in her face, Teddy laughing from the side.

 

She frowned, playfully grabbing his hand and shoving his hand down, "Hi, Hyun Jae. And it's Dong Mi Hyun, remember."

 

He shrugged, sitting down next to her, "It's weird calling you Dong Mi Hyun though," he looked at the equipment, "So are you guys almost done here?"

 

Teddy nodded, "Yup. Almost done," he looked over at the younger man, "And shouldn't you  be practicing?"

 

"Our teacher let us out early," he countered, shrugging, "'Sides, I felt like coming to see Mi Hyun," he smiled, leaning over and wrapping an arm around Mi Hyun.

 

Mi Hyun smiled, before turning to look over her shoulder as she heard the door open to see Daesung coming in through the door. Jumping up she ran up to him, hugging him tightly.

 

"Dae-Oppa! What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in a couple of weeks," she exclaimed happily, letting him go.

 

Daesung smiled back at her, hugging her lightly, "I came to pick you up. Hyung said he'd meet you at the Big Bang dorm, since we're all having dinner over there tonight."

 

Mi Hyun smiled, nodding as she turned back to the two men who sat staring at her, "Teddy-Oppa, is it okay if we leave? I promise we can get this done tomorrow."

 

Teddy nodded, getting up as he quickly saved the documents, "I'm starving myself anyways. Might as well go and find Kush and see where to go eat," he sighed, "Is it sad to say I'm an old man with no woman on my arm?"

 

Everyone nodded, "Just a bit."

 

"I knew it. At least I'll be forever alone with Kush," he sighed, "My life ."

 

"You'll find someone, one day, Teddy-hyung," Hyun Jae lightly teased as he gathered his things and hugged Mi Hyun on his way out "By Mi Hyun-ah," he let go, nodding slightly to Daesung before walking away.

 

Daesung looked back at Hyun Jae, shaking his head, "I can not believe that man. With a married woman, no less," he grumbled lightly under his breath.

 

Teddy nodded, "Which is why I don't like him around her either. I'm sure Young Bae-ah wouldn't be happy."

 

"Woah, wait you guys," Mi Hyun stepped away from them, "Hyun Jae is innocent. He's not doing anything bad. Besides," she shook her head, frowning angrily, "You guys, I'm not a kid. I think I can handle one guy anyways. I'm a grown woman."

 

Teddy shook his head, "Well, you, my friend better just be careful."

 

"Let's go, Mi Hyun-ah. It doesn't matter anyways. I'm sure you're right anyways," Daesung said, gently tugging on her arm.

 

Mi Hyun sighed, complying with him as they left the studio, "Alright... Well... What are we going to do?"

 

Daesung shrugged, "Wanna play with skittles."

 

"You buying?"

 

"Yup."

 

"I'm game."