You're All

I Am My Sister's Memory
Sunlight shined through the curtains of Mi Hyun and Young Bae's apartment. The couple lay, fully clothed, on the couch, curled around each other.

As the sunlight hit the top of her head, Mi Hyun shifted, the heat of the sun bothering her enough to wake up. She sighed as she opened her eyes, looking around her as she recalled the previous night.

Neither one ready to fall back so easily into their previous relationship, they'd laid on the couch, making out like two teenagers. They laughed and talked their way through making dinner, Mi Hyun jokingly scolding Young Bae when she saw he'd messed up dinner, but Young Bae quickly quieting her with a kiss as he grabbed some take-out menus from the bag he'd been carrying.

Mi Hyun smiled as she looked down at her husband's face, ready to start making a difference as she recalled his words from last night.


Mi Hyun flipped through a take-out menu, leaning back against her chair as she tried to find something she hadn't already had the past several weeks.

Young Bae slid into the chair next to her, slipping his arm around the back of her chair, "There's something I have to tel you."

Mi Hyun looked up at him, "Hm?"

"I never truly saw Mae when I saw you," he stated, calmly looking at her, "I saw it more as, you two hung around each other a lot, and grew up together, and figured you two were probably a lot alike," he sighed, "I know it came out the wrong way, but I never thought you minded. I was off in my own little world, happy I had finally married, and happier still it was someone I knew."

She nodded, taking in his information, "Then why didn't you say so sooner?"

He shrugged, "I just didn't think much about it. A part of me didn't process it. I was in the wrong as much as you, Mi-ah, and I'm really sorry. I miss Mae, some part of me always will, but I didn't intend for it to rule over."

She nodded, "For what its worth, I can't say I didn't help much either. You did seem to think I liked Seungri," she blanched, "Why though, I can't imagine why."

He chuckled, "You two are attached at the hip," he shrugged, "And Mae Hyun was always going on and on about how close you two were, how you spent nights at each others homes, and the way you two have always communicated has always thrown me off edge. I don't exactly like how well he knows you."

She touched his forearm gently, "You have to understand something about that. Seungri has been there for me since day one. Ever since I met him, he's been my best friend. Granted, he's also been annoying," she looked up at him, "But we've grown up together. And did Mae Hyun tell you that I'm just as close, if not closer to his little sister Hana? She and I usually always got along a bit better then Seungri and I, but, then again, we're girls. And Mae Hyun had a habit of predicting just about anybodys love life," she chuckled, "She liked to joke that at your and her's wedding, she'd try to get you to hook me up with one of your friends from Pochyeon. She wanted the best, and for everyone to be happy."

Young Bae nodded, smiling lightly, "Then I guess its time I start giving the maknae a hard time."

"Psh, I never said not to. I do that myself. I used to dunk the kids head into his birthday cake every year, and give me the best chocolates at halloween," Mi Hyun giggled, "But for what its worth, he also got me out of a lot of scrapes. You know I had a huge temper growing up. I was picking fights left and right. And my small frame helped in some aspects, but..." she paused, "Let's just say, Gri has to walk away with some scrapes with me."

Young Bae chuckled, "I see," he gently tucked a strand of hair behind Mi Hyun's ear, "Just promise me we can do this all different again?"

Mi Hyun smiled, leaning as she closed the gap between them, "I can promise I can try my hardest."


Mi Hyun smiled as she brushed Young Bae's fohawk back, enjoying the way he looked like a child sleeping. She gently slid off the couch, looking around at the take-out boxes. She went to pick them up, stopping as she heard a knock at the door. Turning towards it, she quickly went to open it as Young Bae began to stir from his sleep.

Upon opening the door, she was surprised to see her family in the doorway, her mother seething.

"Umma? What are you-"

Her mother cut her off with a sharp slap to the cheek.

"Mi Hyun?!"