A Wedding To Remember

I Am My Sister's Memory

"Oh, Mi Hyun, you looked so beautiful!"

 

 Mi Hyun looked at herself in the mirror. Yeah... The perfect bride to be delivered. All new, clean and shiny,' she thought to herself.

 

She shook her head, turning to stare at her mother and her soon-to-be mother-in-law, before turning back to stare at her beautiful gown. She wore a floor-length, gown, that hugged her body tightly, before pooling out into a beautiful haze of tulle. The top hugged her well, emphasizing the shape of her torso and chest, where tiny pearls adorned the bottom of it. Two, very thin, straps held up her gown and before it pooled out, it had rouching all over her hips. Her hair was up in a bun, while a comb, given to her by her mother, adorned her hair while a simple, mother-of-pearl bracelet sat on her tiny wrist.

 

In short, she looked like the perfect wife for Young Bae. The perfect Mae.

 

"Oh dear, you look so gorgeous," Mama Dong complimented, "I’m so happy to be able to call you my daughter shortly." 

 

Mi Hyun smiled, blushing at her statement, "Thank you, Mrs. Dong."

 

"Call me, mom! You'll be my daughter very soon," Mama Dong stated, smiling at her.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot! You're father and I got you something," Mi Hyun's mother exclaimed, grabbing her purse and drawing out a pair of beautiful, drop earrings. She quickly placed them in Mi Hyun's hair, before stepping back, smiling happily to herself.

 

Mi Hyun stared at her mother flustered, not believing that she had just received a present from her own mother,"Thank you," she choked out. She looked back at herself to see the way that the earrings hung gently from her ears, swinging with every tiny motion of her head. 

 

As she continued to look at them, a gently rapping at the door, caused her to stop, and the two older woman to stop fussing over her. She turned to see her father step in, looking regal in his traditional hanbok. At the sight of him, Mrs. Dong and Mi Hyun's mother smiled at the him before they both left the room, going towards the hall.

 

Once the door closed, Mr. Kim cleared his throat, "You ready, dear?"

 

She nodded, before placing the front of her veil over her face and grabbing her bouquet, "Come on, Appa."

 

He sighed, "Time to go out there and face the music, huh?"

 

She nodded, not daring to say anything as she waited for the music to begin as the rest of her bridesmaids and groomsmen proceeded into the hall, "Yeah..." she looked down towards her left hand where her ring sat on.

 

Her father looked at her, "Sweetheart, I'm sorry we're having you go through this."

 

She shook her head, "No... It's okay. I understand why you're doing it."

 

He simply nodded, not saying anything more to her as they stood before the double doors.

 

As the music started, Mi Hyun held her breath, letting it out slowly as she walked into the huge hall. She looked over at Young Bae, spotting him in his black suit and blue tie. She smiled, remembering how he'd promised that the whole wedding could be about what she wanted. If she was going into this with a closed heart, the least he wanted was for her to be able to choose how her wedding would be like.

 

Before she knew it, she had reached the front and stood facing her fiance, before her father gently gave her away to Young Bae. Her father simply looked to Young Bae, who nodded, seeming to have a silent conversation with him. Mr. Kim nodded back, showing his approval, before drawing back and going to sit with his wife, daughter and her husband.

 

Mi Hyun turned to Young Bae, silently raising an eyebrow, but was given nothing more then a tiny shrug as he turned to her as the ceremony began.

 

Through out the whole ceremony Mi Hyun paid little attention, most of her attention focused on what she would be leaving behind. A carefree life was taken away while a new life full of responsibilities waited for her to step in and take hold. 

 

She registered moving to form the words, "I do," and the pastor telling them that Young Bae could now kiss the bride. Mi Hyun was broken from her reverie at the warm sensation of Young Bae's lip's meeting her own. She gasped, before melting into the kiss, kissing him back instinctively, as though she'd had immense practice kissing him all the time. She inwardly groaned when he pulled away and smiled at her, as they turned to face their audience and officially declared husband and wife.