Important Author's Note

I Am My Sister's Memory

Hi everyone! I hope you don't all just ignore this T-T that would make me a very sad panda *sob sob*

 

Okay. So I realize there must be some confusion about the previous chapter. So I've decided to clear that up to let you guys in on how it works in my brain. Which, I've been told, doesn't always make sense to others, so I'm sorry! The chapter made sense to me, but I understand if it was slightly confusing.

 

Okay! So, the thing is, Mi Hyun does like Young Bae. I mean, I realize it doesn't always look like it, but she does. But, you see, she was forced into the marriage not just because it meant keeping her sister around (which I would do too. I mean, I love my siblings more then my own parents so I would of course do the same just to keep them in my life), but also for her mother's social standing. Young Bae believed this whole time that, even if she wasn't all for him exactly, she was still going into the marriage willingly and he believed that she might develop feelings for him later on. He plunged into it headfirst, she didn't exactly. Remember, the whole point is that she feels like a replacement. Second best. Now, last time I checked, that's not a great place to be. So to her, she feels that the way he's treating her is simply because, hey, you're my dead fiance's baby sister. That means you're just like her so I'll treat you like her.

 

See the problem?

 

She's used to be placed second, used to coming last in her family when Mae Hyun was placed on a pedestal and Jung Hyun never really paid much attention to it all anyways. Don't get me wrong, Mae Hyun and her had a great relationship, something that will come out throughout the story, but it's suffice to say that growing up wasn't amazing by all means for her. So while Mi Hyun is finding herself falling for Young Bae, she can't help escape the fact that, not only is her mother demanding for them to consumate the marriage and get pregnant, but that she feels like she's filling in Mae's place when she never saw herself wanting that lifestyle. And Young Bae has been too oblivious to realize that Mi Hyun was going through a hard time and thought she was getting used to being with him.

 

-Sigh- complicated-ness.

 

Anyways, let me know if that cleared anything up! I tried to explain this the best way I could. Mianhae if it didn't!