Frosty Withdrawel

I Am My Sister's Memory

In a fairly large studio at YG Headquarters, Mi Hyun belted out the lyrics to one of her new songs, performing the complicated footwork as one of her dancer's did theirs. Aside from her manager, they were the only ones there, being that most other artists had gone home for the night, leaving them there to rest.

 

As the song died away, and Mi Hyun let her last note die out slowly, she caught a flash of movement appear at the door to the studio, before it opened to reveal her husband standing coming in quietly. By now the music had stopped, and another of her songs had come on, the accompanimient starting quietly, before she looked to her manager, cocking her head to one side, alerting him to stop the music.

 

Her dancer collapsed to the floor, out of breath, "Yah, Dong-nim, I don't know how you do it! So many hours practicing and you're not even tired?" the young teenaged girl whined quietly.

 

Mi Hyun smiled, turning to the girl as she turned the microphone in her hand off, "It's simple. Just don't think about it," she lightly tapped the girl on the head, "And call me Mi Hyun-ah. It makes me feel less old."

 

The younger woman nodded, getting back and dusting off the back of her shorts, before spotting Young Bae in the corner. She gasped, twisting around, "Young Bae-nim!"

 

He smiled, walking over to the girls, "Hello, Hwa Young. Shouldn't you be in bed? I know YG Father put you on a strict curfew."

 

"She was practicing with me," Mi Hyun simply stated, defending the younger girl as she got her stuff ready, "YG Father said it was okay to let her out late, since we need to practice anyways for the upcoming Inkigayo performance. In any case," she looked to Hwa Young, "You can go, Hwa-ah. He has a point, it's almost two o'clock in the morning and I shouldn't of kept you so long."

 

"It's okay, Do-, I mean," Hwa Young laughed lightly, correcting herself, "Mi Hyun-ah," she quickly grabbed her bags, wanting to get away from the frosty newlyweds and back to her dorm with her friends quickly, "I'll see you later today. Goodnight, manager-nim. Goodnight, Young Bae-nim!" she called quickly, rushing out the doors.

 

Mi Hyun's manager sighed, getting up and stretching, "I do believe we should all go to bed, tonight. Mi Hyun-sshii, you're going home, right?"

 

She simply nodded, changing her shoes.

 

Her manager cleared his throat, before grabbing his things and walking away, "Alright. See you two later today. Welcome back, by the way, Young Bae-ah. Goodnight!" with that said, he left as quickly as Hwa Young had, if not more discreetly of how much he wanted to get away from the couple.

 

Young Bae looked at Mi Hyun as she fixed her pants, before clearing his throat, "So... I heard from Gri you went out the other night. How was it?"

 

She shrugged, "Fun."

 

"I thought the rule was we were going to tell each other we would be going out."

 

She looked up at him, "Why, are you worried that I'll cheat on you," she got up slowly, approaching him, "I wouldn't do that, Young Bae. I just went out for some fun with Hwa Young and my other dancers. If it suits your fancy, all we did was end up going out to eat anyways."

 

He silently looked at her, not liking her frosty attitude, "Is there something you want to tell me?"

 

"On the contrary, I don't think so. Did you eat?" she asked, strolling out of the room, him following her close behind.

 

He nodded, "I did. And I still think you're hiding something."

 

"I don't want to talk about it."

 

"Mi Hyun..." he reached out, gently grabbing her wrist.

 

She looked away, sighing, "Look. I really don't want to talk about it. I'm exhausted. It's silly anyways and I shouldn't be letting it get to me. Can we please just drop it."

 

He let go of her wrist, nodding to her, "Yeah... I thought you said you weren't tired," he playfully questioned, still slightly weary.

 

She shrugged, "I am. But Hwa Young doesn't need to know that," she stated, flashing a weary smile at him as they left the building and approached his car. He rushed to open her door, before getting to his side of the car. As they began to drive back home, Mi Hyun's cell phone began to ring, shattering the silence in the car as she fumbled to take it out of her bag.

 

"Hello?" she answered. After a few minutes of her continously saying, "Uh-huh," "When?" and "Okay," she finally hung up, pocketing it again and sighing as she looked out the window.

 

Young Bae looked over at her quizically, "What was that about?"

 

She looked at him, "My mother said we're to be attend a party in our honor later this evening."

 

"Oh," he said, knowing full well what she was getting at.

 

"Yeah... I hope you have a nice suit, because I guess I'll be getting dolled up in a new hanbok she bought for me..."