What I Would Give To

I Am My Sister's Memory
Mi Hyun continued to sit in her darkened living room. Time held no purpose, even as the minutes ticked by.

Minuted turned into hours. And still no Young Bae.

Somewhere in between midnight and the crack of dawn, she fell asleep on the couch. She had stopped crying long before, curled up into a tight ball.

Once she woke up, she still saw no sign of her husband, but did hear the continuous beeping of her phone, informing her of messages lost. Not a single one came from Young Bae. She went on with her day, more in a daze then in complete focus.

In the studio, her focus was off. Her usual lithe, and graceful moves, were jerky, clumsy. When she danced to the beat coming through the speakers, she moved numbly. Her footwork, always so precise and sharp, was switched with clumsiness, and continuous mistakes. She stepped on feet, knocked her elbow into several dancers, and tripped numerous times.

Her spark that lit everyone around her, was dim, causing her to look like a rookie, less then that, as her coreographer looked on in pity and dissatisfication, at her.

Hyun Jae looked at her with no guilt in his eyes, and grabbed her arm at one point when she stumbled mid-step.

Mi Hyun simply shook his off, exasperated as she pushed him away. She gave a weak excuse to everyone as she walked out of the room. Her manager and Hwa Young looked at her from their respective positions in the room, worriedly, and watched as she simply walked out, practice now over without the unhappy idol.

Hyun Jae looked angrily at her retreating form, grabbing his things and chasing after her. Hwa Young and Manager-nim looked at each other, standing from their chairs and following the two, before anything more could happen.

______________________________________________

Hyun Jae chased Mi Hyun down the hallway, "Mi Hyun! What's wrong with you?" he cried out as he reached her, grabbing her arm and pulling her back.

She tried to shake him off, failing jerking it away violently, "Let go of me, Hyun Jae. I really have nothing to say to you."

He frowned, "If it's about what I did, then I don't regret it. I only want a shot with you, Mi, and that fool wasn't making you happy," he turned her to face him, his tone softening, but not his expression, "You deserve someone like me, Mi-ah. Someone who can make you happy and actually loves you, not the remance of a dead girl who messes up lives-"

A resounding slap echoed off the walls of the otherwise quiet hallway. Mi Hyun glared angrily at Hyun Jae as he stared at her in shock.

"For what its worth, Hyun Jae, shut the hell up about Mae Hyun. I don't care if she's dead or not, she's still my sister, so show the dead some damn respect!" she yelled angrily, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. She clenched her hands into fists at her sides, digging her nails into her palms to stop the blur of tears watering in her eyes.

He stared at her angrily, leaning down as he stepped forward, walking them back as to corner Mi Hyun to the wall. Leaning into her face he searched her eyes for a minute, "You think he deserves you?" he reached out and ran his hand down her side, his expression not breaking as her body reacted by shivering, "He doesn't. If someones going to make you feel like dirt because of a dead girl, they shouldn't Mi Hyun," he drew back, "You know that better then anyone. That's why we belong together."

She opened to speak, but was cut off by another voice.

"Yah, have you forgotten the YG Family principle, Park?"

Mi Hyun looked over Hyun Jae's shoulder to see Teddy standing behind him. She sighed in relief, for once grateful for her short and thin frame as she ducked under Hyun Jae's arm and strode to Teddy, "Teddy-Oppa, what are you doing here?" she asked, trying to keep her voice calm.

He looked away from Hyun Jae for a moment to look at her, smiling briefly, "I came in today to ask you if you wanted to work on that new song we had going a while ago."

She nodded, tugging him away gently, not wanting to cause anything between the two men, "Yeah... Sure, let's go," he willfully complied to her tugging, walking away with her down the hall and towards the elevator, before turning his head to the side to talk back to Hyun Jae.

"Hyun Jae?"

Hyun Jae looked angrily at the older man, biting his tongue as he forced out a response, "Yes?"

Teddy smiled vaguely, "I hope YG Father doesn't have hear about you talking so openly to a fellow famiy member's wife," he said, leaving the sentence to hang in the air, the last word emphasized greatly, and the point clear. The elevator doors had opened by then, and Mi Hyun looked worriedly at Teddy, from the inside of the elevator.

Hyun Jae paled, but quickly composed himself as he nodded, "I hope so too, hyung."

"It's Nim to you," Teddy curtly responded, before letting the elevator doors close completely behind them.