Chapter 40: The Aftermath

Falling for a Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40:

"Seobang! Seobang! Please don't leave me! Seobang!!" Jessica scream her lungs out.

 

Yuri woke up hearing Jessica scream. "Sica.. Sica." Yuri shook her ferociously.

 

"Seobang!!!" Jessica shouted as she woke up.

 

"Sica.. what happened?" Yuri hugged her.

 

Jessica pushed Yuri and cried hard.

 

"Sica.. baby.." Yuri went near her and hold her hand.

 

Jessica looked at him still crying, she cupped his face. "Seobang!" She called and hugged him. "Don't leave me!" She cried.

 

Yuri sighed, It's been a traumatic experience for Jessica. "I'm sorry baby. I'm sorry." He whispered and hugged her tight.

 

They laid side by side, Yuri was caressing her hair to lull her to sleep. "I'm not gonna leave you again, baby." He said as he her arms up and down.

 

---

 

Jessica woke up, she automatically looked to her right, her heart sank as Yuri wasn't beside her anymore. She abruptly stood up and look for him inside the bathroom.

 

Another tear fell from her eyes, as the fear of losing Yuri clouded her mind.

 

"Yuri?!" She called opening the door of their room. "Yuri?" She called crying.

 

The Nursery Door opened revealing Yuri carrying Minguk. He put The little kid back to his crib and ran to hug Jessica.

 

"Baby." He kissed her head. "I'm here. Don't cry." Yuri is really sad of what happened to Jessica.

 

"Don't leave me." She said for the ninth time. Yuri cupped her face and leaned down kissing her lips.

 

"I won't leave you again. I'm sorry for what I did." He said and held her hands pulling her back to their room.

 

He went to the closet while Jessica was sitting on the bed. Jessica eyed Yuri, he looks like he's going somewhere, her fear is starting again.. "S-seobang.. Where are you going?" She asked.

 

He looked at her and smiled. Taking out a cream colored dress. "Baby, today is Krystal's recital. We're going to her school, now. All of the Family are there already, we need to hurry." He said and put the dress on the bed as he bring Jessica inside the bathroom.

 

Jessica was reluctant at first but Yuri assured her that he won't go anywhere. From time to time he will call for him, and whenever he couldn't answer, she's starting to cry and freak out.

 

So, what he did was bring the kids in their room and put them all on the bed. So that if she calls for him, he could easily answer. Good thing that Daehan and Minguk were a little behave, Manse is very playful that he can't leave him in one place.

 

He gave Daehan, Krystal's story book with a lot of colorful drawings and he seems to like it, Then he played the triplets favorite song and Minguk was just humming and clapping her cute little hands. Manse likes to show off, so he's helping him stand and he would bend his knees then straight them again, following the rhythm of the music.

 

"Seobang.." Jessica called again.

 

"I'm here baby." He shouted back. The triplets were all dressed, they are in their baby blue shirts, with cream pants and rubber shoes and a baseball cap, they are matching their Daddy.

 

"Dada.." Minguk called.

 

Yuri felt happy at their smart little ones. "Yes Kukie?" He asked. Minguk smiled sweetly as he clapped his hands.

 

Jessica is finally done, she quickly went to where Yuri is and hugged him, it wetting his shirt but it's fine. Yuri kissed her head while carrying Manse.

 

"Baby, want me to help you dress up?" He asked. Jessica shook her head and went to put on the dress Yuri chose for her.

 

Yuri walked to her with Manse and zipped her dress at the back. Jessica brushed her hair then, put on some lipstick and powder, and she's done. She's not really putting make ups, and that's what he likes about her, naturally beautiful and gorgeous.

 

"Are you done, baby?" He asked. Daehan is getting a little bored and started crying.

 

"Yes." She smiled getting her shoulder bag.

 

Yuri wear the baby carrier especially made for the triplets, he one by one put them on it. Then he took the babies' bags. Jessica bit her lip as she clung on his arms. Yuri was having a hard time with four babies including Jessica but he never complain.

 

Jessica opened the car door and one by one, Yuri put them on their car seats, he then help Jessica hop on the car before going to the driver's seat.

 

"Waah!" He heaved a deep sigh as he ride, he connected his phone on the car and played the triplets' favorite song.

 

Jessica was clinging onto his arms, and would take a glance at him.

 

"I love you baby." He told her.

 

"I love you too." She answered.

 

"Mama! Mam-a! Ma.ma! Mama!" Daehan was his fingers.

 

Jessica look back. "Daehanie? Are you hungry?" She asked.

 

"Mama!" He only answered.

 

They arrived at the school in no time, Taeyeon has been calling them because Krystal was looking for them already so they hurriedly went inside.

 

People were looking at them, maybe because of the cute triplets. Yoong saw them and took one of the triplets on him.

 

Jessica was holding onto his arms tightly, afraid that he would slip away. They settled on their allotted seat, Mommy Jung approached Yuri.

 

"She's looking for you. She's starting her tantrums again. Please show yourself before they start." Yuri nodded as he ask Hyoyeon and Nicole to hold the other two babies, He was about to walk backstage when Jessica tugged on his shirt.

 

"I'm coming!" She said. Yuri held her hands and both of them went there.

 

Krystal was in a bad mood, they saw her teacher talking to her but she's not answering. "Baby!" Yuri called out.

 

Krystal's face automatically brighten up as she saw her sister and Yuri. She ran to give them hugs and kisses.

 

"Kwyshtal thought Unnie and Oppa won't come." She said pouting.

 

Yuri smiled and kissed her cheek. "Of course Oppa won't let that happen." 

 

"Do your best baby. The family is here to cheer you up! Good luck baby, we love you!" Jessica cheered her up and kissed her lips.

 

"Thank you Unnie!" She said, their teacher called them again and Krystal ran back waving her cute little hands on them.

 

They walked back to their seats as the performances will start in a few minutes.

 

Krystal is wearing a cute blue dress, she's also wearing a tiara, that made her look like a real princess.

 

Krystal is a shy girl, but once she saw her family waving at her, she smiled and waved back.

 

Krystal was singing and dancing, and the family were so happy, Yuri was so proud and almost crying seeing her, Krystal is growing up really really fast and he is sad somehow, Krystal is his baby forever.

 

---

 

The family went out for a lunch after Krystal's successful recital, Jessica was clutching tightly on Yuri, the triplets were sitting on the high chairs beside Yuri.

 

"Baby, you wanna eat this?" Yuri asked showing her the salad he was eating. Jessica shook her head, she seems gloomy and he is bothered by it. "Are you okay?" He asked again.

 

"Y-yeah." She answered as she's starting to cry again. Yuri doesn't want their family to see it. He sighed and wipe her face.

 

He stood up and held her hand. "Excuse us." He said and pulled her inside their car.

 

"Baby, look at me." He told her but Jessica was still looking down. Yuri sighed as he held her by the chin and made her look at him. "What's on your mind?" He asked.

 

She fidget as she sob. Yuri leaned in and peck her lips. "I love you." He said.

 

"I-i love you too."

 

He held her hands tightly. "Baby, tell me what's on your mind." He tried to make her say it.

 

Jessica wipe his tears away. "I'm afraid." She bravely admitted.

 

"Of what?"

 

"That you will leave me again." She cried.

 

Yuri sighed again, it's his fault why she act this way. He cupped her face. "I'm sorry baby. I'm really really sorry." He whispered. "I won't leave you again. I promised." He whispered as he kissed her lips. He wanted to assure her and make her feel it. "Please Trust me. Trust me that I won't leave you." He pleaded.

 

Jessica wanted to hold on to what he promised, she believe in him, but her fears is eating her whole system. The thought of him walking away keeps on replaying in her mind.

 

Yuri just sigh, he can't force her to believe in him. He will just prove it to her.

 

"Baby, let's go back. The kids might be looking for us." He smiled and kissed her one more time before he help her hop out of the car.

 

The family looked at them when they went back but never asked. It's private and they know that it's about the two of them.

 

Poppa Hwang already gave him an ultimatum, that it will be the last time he will help him. The next time he'll do it. He will really keep his family away from him. And Yuri seemed to be frightened by this. Yuri already learned his lesson, as he promised that he won't do that again.

 

After they eat, they prepared to go home, Yuri put the kids back to the baby carriers, Jessica automatically clung her arms on his, as Krystal went to hold her sister's hand.

 

They all walk to their respective cars. They played the kids' favorite songs, Krystal was singing on their way home and the three boys

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter