I Hate You

Or Dragons

Jimin chewed on the inside of his cheek as he walked beside Namjoon. He couldn't believe Taehyung would let the older come into his dance practice after specifically telling the younger that he didn't want Namjoon to know he danced. He wanted at least one aspect of his life to be unknown to his tutor. It was frustrating knowing that Namjoon watched him dance and now he wouldn't shut up about it.

"Damn Jimin. I didn't know you could move like that. I also didn't know you danced. Your parents never said anything. I don't why they wouldn't, you are a amazing." Jimin rolled his eyes, face heating up. He hated that Namjoon knew, but he wouldn't say no to a compliment. "Have your parents ever seen you dance?" Jimin snorted, looking up at the older. He still didn't get it. Not everything he did was good in his parents eyes. They didn't like things that didn't involve logic and statistics.

"They don't like it. So, I'm not telling them." Namjoon raised an eyebrow, looking over Jimin. He was confused. How could someone not tell their parents about something so worth while. Jimin looked so happy dancing, why wouldn't he want to tell them?

"Why not? I bet they would love seeing it. You're really good." Jimin sighed, stopping in his tracks. Namjoon just didn't understand.

"I can't. They don't like it. They would make me stop." He looked down at his feet. He was trying to keep his cool, but the older was making him upset.

"But Why? My mother used too-"

"Shut up!" Jimin all but yelled at Namjoon. He was tired of this. He was going to murder Taehyung later for this. "You don't understand. My parents don't care about what I want. They only care about them. If I'm not doing something medical, it's not their problem and they don't give two s. I've been through this before, I've had to give up all my dreams for theirs. Stop acting like you know about my life." Namjoon shook his head, running a hand through his hair. He shouldn't open his mouth about someone else's family when he knew nothing about Jimin or his parents.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I just thought-" Jimin scoffed, adjusting his bag over his shoulder. He began walking again. He was tired of listening to the older. If Namjoon didn't stop talking he would completely lose it.

"Then stop thinking. You aren't doing a very good job coming up with smart scenarios." Namjoon looked at the back of Jimin's head in confusion. He thought he had passed the bridge of the younger hating him. He was most defentiely wrong. He took three long strides to catch up to Jimin before grabbing the younger's wrist, pulling him to another stop.

"Look, I'm sorry. I don't understand why you get like this. I'm trying really hard to figure you out. One moment we're making jokes and actually being friends and the next you don't want anything to do with me. What's the problem." Jimin sighed, yanking his hand out of Namjoon's grip. He was really getting tired of this. He knew he couldn't be friends with the older. He didn't even know why he tired listening to Taehyuung.

"Okay, I'm going to explain this as simple as I can. I. Hate. You." He broke the words apart, speaking each syllable seperately. Namjoon snorted, running a hand through his hair. He already knew that. Jimin said that at the party his mom threw for the team, but he thought they had talked all of that out.

"Okay, thanks. Tell me something that I don't already know. I still haven't figured it out though. Why do you hate me?" Jimin laughed bitterly, looking Namjoon over again. He thought he had said this once before, but he might as well say it again.

"You're ing perfect. You don't have to worry about your parents ting on your dreams. You have perfect grades and you aren't forced to have them. You play basketball and your dad cheered for you in the crowd when you scored that three-pointer when the timer hit point two seconds. You don't have to hide your love for sports or music and you can do basically whatever you please. You have everything msde in the shade for you and I'm just sitting here trying to figure out how anyone could get it this good and still be this clueless to what he has." Jimin knew he was throwing himself a pity party, but he was just upset. He might not have a free life like Namjoon, but he still had parents that loved him and friends that cared about him. Namjoon shook his head, grabbing Jimin's hand this time.

"Jimin." He whispered, playing with the younger's fingers as he collected his thoughts. They talked about some of this before. Jimin thought he had it made, that his life was perfect, but it was far from. His mother abandoned him and his brother when they were barely in school, his brother was always high trying to forget things that he could never get away from, and his father who loved them both dearly was still trying to pull everything back together with a heavy heart and so much regret. "You're only seeing the good side. Nothing is perfect. Even for the happiest family." Jimin scoffed, swaying his arm that was held by Namjoon.

"I don't see how. Shouldn't everything be going well when you're happy?" Namjoon laughed softly. He would've thought that, but it wasn't. He was happy, almost always, but his family was also going through hardship. No one had to know that though.

"Maybe. But if we are, why would we want anyone to see what's actually going on? No one wants to see the bad in everyone's house." Jimin frowned. He was upset for more than one reason. He wasn't exactly following what Namjoon was saying but he really wanted to. He wanted to understand what was going on in Namjoon's life but it wasn't his place to ask. He really wanted to be friends with the older but he didn't want to open up any farther than he had already. He wasn't good with emotions, almost as if he only had three of them but couldn't control which one he wanted to present to Namjoon, and so much more.

"Then does that make me strange for wanting to know?" He mumbled mostly to himself. He was close to breaking down his walls. He was close to just dropping all his bitterness and opening up everything he had kept from Namjoon. He held his breath as the older opened his mouth, waiting for whatever he had to say. This could be their breaking point. If Namjoon said something worthwhile, everything would change.

"Stranger than most, but I would tell you everything if it made you hate me less."