Just Say Goodbye

Or Dragons

A blinding light woke Jimin, causing him to turn away from it. "Don't do that idiot. You'll pull out the IV." Taehyung's voice sounded annoyed and worried, made the brunette want to curl up under a rock. Instead he rolled back over and slowly opened his eyes. His head was bounding and he felt as though he been run over multiple times.

"Ugh, Tae what's going on?" The younger sighed, flicking him on the forehead. He was not at all happy with his friend.

"You're supposed to tell someone when you run off to dance alone. I don't care if it's Joon or Luhan-hyung. Just somebody." Jimin sighed, sitting up slowly. He must've fainted again. This wouldn't be the first time he had worried Taehyung with his horrible practices. He had almost forgotten how he could at times when he was in his head.

"Sorry TaeTae." The red head rolled his eyes, scooting closer to the bed. He didn't need Jimin's apology. The older would rest in guilt for a few days after this, like usual, so it wasn't worth accepting.

"Was it hyung?" The brunette shook his head, knowing exactly what the boy was asking. It had never been about Namjoon. Well, not until recently.

"No. It was Minha." He muttered, looking down at his hands. "I've been lying to myself. I thought I was over her but I'm not. Tae, I still like her, but I-" He let out a huff of breath before looking up at his friend. "I like Namjoon-hyung too." There, he'd said it. Out loud without fear or hesitation. Now that his feelings were on the table, he felt like throwing up. Taehyung sighed, grabbing one of Jimin's hands.

"Min, I know it's hard, but you have to let go. Holding all of it in, is gonna hurt you." The brunette nodded slightly. He had seen that. It was the main resaon he was in the hospital at that moment.

"I know Tae. I know, but I'm scared. I can't express my feelings. What if Minha doesn't understand? What if Namjoon can't handle my emotions. What if-" Taehyung shushed the boy, pushing a hand through his hair. He could sense the anxiety setting into Jimin's bones and the panic attack that was soon to follow.

"Let's take this one step at a time, yeah?" Jimin nodded quickly, hanging onto his friends words. "We'll talk to Minha, tell her what happened and you can say whatever you need. Then you can talk to Joon-hyung. He'll listen, I know. And then we'll see where it goes from there. How does that sound? Hm?" The older sighed with another nod, leaning into Taehyung's touch. He honestly had no idea what he's do without him.

-

Taehyung never once left Jimin's side as the brunette tried to get a hold of his ex. The girl wasn't exactly easy to find. Her old number had been taken by a high school student who was currently on vacation in Jeju. They had contacted the hospital where she had went when she first jumped, they had not done a check up once she was transferred to the mental health ward in several towns over. Finally by contacting several hospitals and facilities, Jimin had the number to Minha's house phone. He bit his lip looking down at his phone. He wasn't ready for this. What was he going to say, what was she going to say? Did she even want to hear from him again, was he a horrible person for not seeing the signs? Was he just not ready to give her up? "Min?" Taehyung's voice broke through his thoughts. "It'll be okay. I'm right here." He nodded, pressing the call button. He held the device to his ear and listen to it ring.

After three rings someone finally answer with, "Kim residence." Jimin gulped, breathing shallowly before responding.

"Hello, this is Park Jimin. Can I speak to Minha please?" There was shuffling on the other end and the person who had answered calling out for Minha. It was a few seconds before the line picked up another voice.

"Min? Is that really you?" The brunette gasped hearing the voice. It had been years since he had talked to Minha. It just didn't feel real, listening to recordings wasn't the same as hearing it in real life. It was more beautiful.

"Y-yeah, it's me. How are you?" He really didn't want to make small talk, but it helped him relax. It pushed away his thoughts of what this phone call was supposed to be about. He didn't want to think about that now. He was focused on the girl's voice now, not really hearing the words coming from it.

"-and Sangdo is keeping me company. I know I'm allergic, don't remind me." Minha giggled softly. Jimin's breath hitched. The sound was so angelic and he almost forgot what it sounded like. He had honestly missed it, but it just didn't feel right anymore. He wasn't the one making her laugh. He wasn't the one making her smile. But maybe that was a good thing. He was making someone else smile and laugh. And loved that dimpled smile so much better than Minha's slightly crooked one. "Min, is everything okay?" He shook his head as if she could see the motion and he looked over at Taehyung, tears springing to his eyes. He couldn't do this. there was no way.

"It's okay, Min. Go on. You can do it. I'm here for you." The younger squeezed his thigh softly. The encouraging gesture made him feel slightly better and he sighed before continuing his conversation.

"I have a lot to say. And I might ramble, but I want you to hear me out before you say anything. So here it goes. I still like you Minha, no I still love you. You were everything I thought I wanted. Everything I thought I needed, but I wasn't the same for you. And that hurts me. I tried moving on, but I just keep thinking about you. But thinking about you only hurt me more. It landed me in the hospital. I want to move on Minha, I really do. And I didn't think I could do that with you still on my mind. So now I'm telling you these things, to get it of my chest I suppose. I hope you understand. I really do love you, but now I have someone to love me as well." At least he hoped. Minha was silent for a few seconds before laughing softly.

"Jimin, you're such a cutie. You need to stop holding in your feelings like that. I thought all that stuff was behind us. That's all I wanted for you was to be happy and I knew you couldn't get that from me. Why do you think I did all I did? I didn't do it for me sweetheart. It was all for you. I'm crazy I know, but you always deserved to be happy, for someone to love you without holding anything back. And if you found that then fantastic! Who is she?" Jimin couldn't believe what he was hearing? She wasn't upset that he had been harboring all these feelings for her, she wasn't mad that he had moved on without clearing things up. He just didn't understand and of course he could only say the first thing on his mind.

"It's a he." She gasped, squealing slightly.

"Oh, I bet he's handsome. Is he taking care of you? You know I can beat him up if he hurts you. I'll tell Tae-ah to bully him." He snorted, shaking his head. This whole situation was going way better than he thought it would.

"You don't have to do that. He's, he's perfect. But he doesn't know yet. I had to clear my thoughts first. Thank you." She sighed and Jimin knew she was cursing him in her head.

"Well you better get a move on. Don't want someone else to snatch him up." He laughed, feeling a lot better about everything.

"I'll get right on that. Uh, again thank you Minha. I'll be happy from now on." The girl giggled once more before ending the call with,

"I'll keep your number if you ever need to talk or if you want to see pictures of Sangdo. Bye!" He sighed, hanging up the phone and collapsing back against his pillows.

"That went well." Taehyung said, throwing a bag of chips into Jimin's lap. He smiled slightly, looking over at his friend.

"Yeah, now I just have to tell Namjoon." That should be fun.