Not Yet Exactly

Or Dragons

"So you just let him stay in your house? In your room? In your bed?" Taehyung's voice rose with each question and Jimin had to press a piece of sandwich in the boys mouth to shut him up.

"Well you don't have to be so vocal about it. Look, I would've called you, but you live too far away and I couldn't breathe. I guess I was just scared to not have you there, I don't know. But it doesn't matter, just don't say anything." Taehyung rolled his eyes, eating slowly.

"I don't want to say anything to freak you out, but I think you might be starting to like Namjoon." Jimin scoffed, pushing his tray across the table. He wasn't hungry anymore and Taehyung was only worsening his mood.

"Yeah right. Like Namjoon? Please. I'd rather eat Tetraodontidae. Tae, please stop saying stuff like that. He's just a tutor and maybe a friend, nothing more." Of course Jimin wouldn't admit it out loud that he may have liked feeling Namjoon's lips against his forehead. He wouldn't admit that he liked having the older male around. And he definitely wouldn't admit that he might like Namjoon, at least a little.

"Min, you don't have to be like that. I know you're scared of dating, but hyung is-" Jimin stuffed another piece of sandwich in his friends face. He really didn't want to talk about this with him.

"Tae, it's not that. Minha wasn't the end all be all to my relationships, I just-" Taehyung sighed, shaking his head. He knew what had happened after the boy broke down in tears all those years ago. A three year relationship just crumbled into nothing and Jimin refused to pick up the pieces and move on.

"It's okay I know, but you have to move on. Maybe hyung could be it. You can't lie to your best friend hyung. I know you better than I know myself." Jimin sighed. Taehyung was right, there was just so many things he couldn't keep hidden from the younger.

"Look I'm not going to admit anything, but Namjoon did kiss me. Not an actual kiss, don't get your hopes up. But it was soft and sweet and right before I feel asleep after the whole adoption/jihyun fiasco. And I can definitely say it wasn't the worst not-kiss I've had." Taehyung smiled behind a bite of fries. He knew his friend would eventually open up to Namjoon.

"Well don't look now, but you're tutor is coming this way." Jimin sputtered, spitting out some milk. Taehyung laughed loudly, showing off his gums and teeth. The older reached over and smacked the younger on the shoulder.

"Sorry, am I interrupting something?" Namjoon's voice broke Taehyung's laughter and Jimin didn't look up from the table.

"No, not at all hyung. Come on, have a sit." The youngest gestured to the seat next to Jimin. The brunette snapped his head to look at his friend. He shook his head slightly. Why would Taehyung jeopardize his calm life at the moment? Why was he setting him up for embarrassment? Namjoon chuckled, looking at Jimin's face before sitting down.

"I won't be hanging out long Minnie, don't get your in a twist." He pulled up his bag from off his shoulders. "Taehyung, coach wanted me to tell you practice is cancelled." The younger cheered silently, bumping the air. Namjoon rolled his eyes, turning toward Jimin. The brunette's face was flushed and he was trying to scoot away from the older subtly, but Namjoon had caught on quickly. "Also, you have got a 'C' in English, Jimin. My dad says you've gotten a lot better, but he still wants me to tutor you. Says it keeps me out of his hair." Jimin sighed, but didn't voice any complaints. He was glad that he would still have an excuse to see Namjoon everyday without the older suspecting that he might like him.

"So I guess I'm stuck with you then. And we're having a session today, right?" Namjoon nodded, pulling something out of his bag.

"Here. Your mom's book, I left some notes if she wants to take a look. Well, I gotta get to class. See ya around Minnie. Bye Taehyung." He waved at Namjoon, boxy smile on full display. Once the older was gone from earshot Taehyung turned to look at Jimin.

"Minnie, huh?" The brunette groaned, trying to hide in his oversized sweatshirt. He was never going to live this down.

-

"So it's that freshman, huh?" Namjoon sighed, leaning back in his seat. Partnered projects , but at least his friend was still around and refused to work with anyone other than Namjoon. He nodded slightly.

"I don't know what it is hyung. He's just so different, yet he's like everyone else. He tries his best to be so perfect, but he isn't and he still manages to look like it. And he has the cutest crooked tooth that just- Yoongi I think I'm in love." The older snorted, passing a piece of gum to the younger.

"Disgusting. But he's cute. And you're happy so that's all that matters I suppose." Namjoon sighed, popping the piece of gum into his mouth. He never really talked relationships with Yoongi. The older wasn't exactly a fan of dating, not because he wanted to sleep around or anything, but just because he never fully connected with anyone. He just didn't like them and thought it was weird and slightly gross.

"Yeah, but he doesn't like me back. Well at least I don't think so. It took him forever to even open up to me about anything. And sometimes I think I'm pushing boundaries that I don't know about and-"

"Joon-ah, shut up." Yoongi interrupted him. "You're thinking way too much about this. Take things slowly. You said that he didn't even remember you. This is like a chance to start fresh right?" Namjoon nodded slowly. "Plus if Taehyung said that he had a horrible breakup don't you think you'd be the one to pick up the pieces. Give it time, he'll come around." The younger sighed, slumping forward in his seat.

Yoongi was right, he would just have to wait it out.