Kill Me Softly

Or Dragons

Jimin found himself back in the Study Zone, reading his mother's new book on himself. He tried understanding what his mother was thinking, but it was slipping from his mind. He could grasp the thought of an eating disorder, he definitely didn't need an explanation on that. He had that, more so now than ever. What he wasn't getting was the reactive attachment disorder. He didn't have that. His mother tested him herself ten times over. She never said that there was anything wrong with him other than his lack of food intake.

"More psychology. Are you sure you're a not a psych major?" Jimin snorted, pushing his mother's book into his bag.

"I'm sure. It's my mother's book. She's a psychiatrist. She just wants me to see if it'll sell. I'd rather re-read Frankl another time over." Jimin sighed, flopping down onto the table. He was trying his best to please his mother, but it was taking so much out of him.

"Mind if I read it? I'm sure it can't be too bad." Namjoon asked, sitting down in front of Jimin. He sighed, retrieving the hard back from his bag. He slid it across the table, scrapping the cover. He was glad to get rid of it. 

"Sure. But my mother will want a full report on it by next week." He spoke jokingly, but he knew his mother and that's what she would've expected out of him. Namjoon laughed, placing the book in his own bag.

"Don't worry. I'll make sure to have five to seven pages on her desk by Monday." Jimin snorted, covering his mouth as he continued to laugh. He didn't know why it was funny, corny jokes had always appealed to him in some sort of fashion. Namjoon smiled slightly. "You have a nice laugh." He stopped short of breath and looked up at Namjoon. A nice laugh? He couldn't imagine that. He sounded like a chew toy that had been stepped on. He wasn't much for false flattery.

"Sure, thanks. So we were talking about commas."

-

Namjoon had explained over and over the differences in sentence structure with commas, colons, and semi colons, leaving Jimin slightly frustrated yet more well versed in punctuation. "Well that's all I have time for today. I have to get to practice. There's a game coming up." Jimin nodded, watching him pack up his things. "I'll give your mother's book back next week." Namjoon gave him a small wave before heading out the door. Jimin sighed, slumping against the table.

English was going to kill him, so was his mother for carelessly giving away her book to his tutor, and he might as well kill himself for giving Namjoon a book about him just because he didn't feel like telling his mother that it was pointless in writing a book that would never get published. He honestly had screwed himself over more times than he could count and he was probably going to continue to do it before the semester was over. He was pretty sure of it.

-

"You've been missing practice because of a tutor. The great and highly intelligent Jimin, needing a tutor. I never thought I'd see the day." Jimin rolled his eyes, throwing down his bag. He was not in the mood for Taemin to mock him. He just came here to dance, to get his mind off the mess that was his life, to distance himself from reality. Dancing was his only escape from being the offspring of two highly respected doctors.

He didn't have to be smart to dance. He didn't need to read heavy medical books to move his feet. He didn't need an 'A' in English to know how to pick up a beat. Dancing was in his soul and he didn't need Taemin to remind him of all the reasons why he wanted to dance in the first place. He just wanted to dance.

"Yeah, I get it. Don't remind me. Just tell me what I need to remember and leave me to it. I'll have it down in an hour." Taemin scoffed, looking at the other members of their little dance team. There weren't many people interested in dancing here. They just wanted to play sports or focus on academics. Jimin was glad when Taemin had introduced the idea of starting a dance club. He immediately signed up, without the condolence from his parents and started dancing the next day. The whole group of six were very impressed with his dancing skills.

"Alright. I'm pairing you up with Yuri. She'll tell you all the steps you missed." Jimin nodded, moving to stand beside Yuri. She was a junior, a singing major, who didn't have a clue what she actually wanted to do with her life. She always had dreams of being an idol, but she wanted a better education first. He had always been paired up with her, one of the three girls that could actually be better than him in dancing. Though he had a feeling she would say the same thing about him. They never thought they were perfect, always looking for a way to make themselves better, running themselves to the point of exhaustion. Yuri would always be his favorite partner.

-

"You seem a little bit out of it Min. Wanna tell me what's up." They had taken a break, three hours into their practice, the other members had left half an hour ago, but they were not ready to give up. He took a sip from his fourth bottle of water, shaking his head.

"It's no big deal. I'm just tired from studying." She smirked, mock punching him in the arm. Yuri knew Jimin all to well for him to say something like that.

"You don't have to lie to me Min. I know you've been beating yourself up over that tutor you got. I watch you go into the study zone after classes are over. Its always right before basketball practice. Y'know I told Taemin to change our practice for you. I didn't want you to miss them." Jimin smiled slightly at her. Yuri was always so kind to him, even though he never asked for her to be. He never thought he could find a friend in her.

"Yeah. Um, thanks Yuri. I just don't want to fail my parents you know. They spent so much money for me to go here, even with being doctors they don't have much funds. They have bills to pay and they have me. So I don't want to put too much pressure on them. And they don't want me to have a tutor because they think I'm way too smart for that, but I don't want to tell them I'm not. I still struggle. I just don't want to upset them, y'know." Jimin had rarely ever told this to anyone, Taehyung hadn't even know until last year all the pressure he had been under.

"Don't worry so much. You'll be able to get over this bump and having a tutor won't seem so bad. About your parents, well that's just what they do. Always wanting what they think is best. Honestly I just think they want us dead before we can have what we want." Jimin laughed softly. He felt the same way. "Now, let's get this dance down before we really do end up dead."