Is That Her

Or Dragons

At first Jimin didn't want to go. He was fine with never meeting his birth mother ever again. He was fine with how his life was going now. His parents loved him, even though at time he thought otherwise, he had good friends and an amazing boyfriend. Everything was going great.

Namjoon promised to be by his side the whole time and that pushed him to accept.

The ride to the hospital was quiet. Jimin stared out the window, hand intertwined with Namjoon's. The blonde rubbed his thumb across the younger's skin. He knew this was nerve wracking for the boy. He just hoped it wouldn't send him into a panic attack.

"Min, don't be worried. She's a good woman. Hana loved you." Jimin resisted the urge to scoff. He might've not remembered it by himself, but he was reminded that she threw him off a building trying to kill non-existent demons. "She also looks like you. Well you look like her."

"How so?" Jimin asked, interest piqued. Jiseong looked in the rearview to smile at Jimin.

"You'll just have to see for yourself."

-

Namjoon walked hand and hand with Jimin to Hana's room. Jiseong didn't want to go with them saying his son needed to do this on his own. He had given the boy a pager just in case something went wrong, but he doubted that would be the case. Hana was doing way better.

"What if she still thinks I'm possessed? What if she doesn't even like me all grown up?" Namjoon smiled slightly, leaning closer to kiss the younger.

"Your her son Minnie. She'll love you. Things are different now. Your dad gave her the clear, right?" Jimin nodded slightly.

"I'm still scared you know. I could've died." The blonde smiled, kissing the boy again.

"Well I'm glad you didn't. Now c'mon let's meet your mom."

-

Jiseong had been right. He looked a lot like Hana. He glanced at the woman from the window. She had short brown hair that was curled slightly, light brown eyes (the same honey color he had), a pixie nose, and light freckles. She was also curvy and short from how much he could see of her. He was almost an exact copy of her.

"Is that really her? She's so pretty." Jimin looked up at Namjoon. The blonde nodded, rubbing small circles into the brunette's back.

"Just like you. Baby, everything's going to be okay. She's gonna love you. She probably never stopped." Despite what happened to Jimin when he was younger. Namjoon had good feelings about this whole meeting.

"Okay, I'll stop freaking out." Jimin moved toward the door, knocking on the frame lightly.

"Yes?" Hana's voice was soft and beautiful. It almost didn't sound real. Jimin gulped, walking inside the room and fumbling to find Namjoon's hand. He knew if he wasn't holding onto the older he would panic.

"Uh, mom. It's me, Jimin. Your son."

-

Hana didn't let go of Jimin for the longest time. She hugged him and even pulled him into her bed. Namjoon shouldn't even be surprised they both fit perfectly.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that things went to bad. Are you Okay? I'm sure you're okay. Jiseong really took good care of you." She ran a hand through his hair softly and the brunette's eyes fluttered at the touch. Her hands were smooth and gentle.

"Its okay. I'm okay. I grew up well so nothing bad really happened." Aside from memory loss and the occasional panic attacks, but he wouldn't mention them.

"Okay! You have to tell me everything about you. I missed out on so much. It's been seventeen years." Hana slowly let go of Jimin before sitting up in bed, legs crossing so she could get a good look at the boy.

"Um well, I'm twenty now and I go to college. I major in cosmetology and minor in marine biology." Hana hummed, listening to the words. "I have some good friends too. Taehyung is sorta loud, but he's always there for me. Yoongi hyung is nice too, grumpy a lot of the time but he's there if I need him. Oh and the dance team too. Plus I have Joonie." He gestured to the blonde sitting next to the bed. He had been trying to give the two space without being too far away from Jimin, just in case.

"He's just a friend, huh? Not like a boyfriend?" Jimin flushed at the term being used by someone else. "You can't hide it from me brat." She pinched his cheek, smirking. "I saw that kiss from outside the window." Jimin squealed, pulling away from her grip.

"Okay okay. So Namjoon is my boyfriend." Hana turned to smile brightly at the blonde.

"What no honorifics? You're older right?" Namjoon chuckled, nodding.

"Minnie's never used them with me, but I don't mind. There was anomisty between us before we started dating and I think there might still be some lingering." Jimin rolled his eyes, sticking out his tongue.

"You're such an Achoerodus viridis. Anyway, I don't really have much else to tell. I've lived a pretty normal life." Namjoon scrunched up his nose, knowing that was not the whole truth, but he knew Jimin would never tell Hana what happened to him his freshman year or about Jihyun.

"And what about Suyoung? Was she good to you?" Jimin nodded slowly. He would never say anything bad about his mother despite how awful he thought she had treated him. It was never too bad.

"She's great. She did the best she could raising me and she gave me good life advice. I'm not bruised and I'm healthy so there's that." Hans snorted, shaking her head. Jimin was just like her in so many ways it almost seemed scary. Though she could see how Jiseong and Suyoung touched his life.

He carried himself just like Suyoung, even Hana could tell the boy was troubled, but he would never show it and he was definitely smart like the both of them, way more than she could ever be, but the one thing that she knew was completely hundred percent her was the soft hearted person within.

She could just tell that Jimin had a heart of gold from the way he smiled and talked about his friends, from the way he asked if the hospital was treating her right, to the way he rushed outside her room when he heard a slight thud and went to help a nurse who had fallen. He was a sweet boy and she was so heart broken that she had even thought of hurting him.

It had all been a hallucination at the time, a brain tumor cutting off oxgyen to the cognitive side of her brain. They had removed as much as they could without making her brain dead, but there was still a chance that the hallucinations could come back.

She wouldn't tell Jimin that.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but Jiseong says we gotta go Minnie." Jimin stopped speaking, looking over at Namjoon. He pouted slightly, turning back to Hana.

"Okay. I guess I gotta go." Hans smiled, wrapping her arms tightly around the brunette.

"Don't worry sweetheart. This isn't goodbye. I'm sure you'll be back and if not I'll kick Jiseong's ." The younger snorted, pulling away from her.

"I'm sure you will. Bye mom, I'll see you soon." The 'I still love you' stuck in his throat, but it was there, hanging the air for someone to grab. Hans must've known because her next words captured the end.

"I love you too."