Best Of Me

Or Dragons

Taehyung sighed, leaning back against Yoongi’s legs, the alcohol settling over him. The blonde was softly running his fingers through the younger’s hair, slowly feeling relaxed. He couldn’t quite understand why he felt calm in this situation. Being around people that he didn’t know well always made him uncomfortable. He was never a people person, Namjoon knew that better than anyone, but he even decided to stick around and he was his one true friend. Sure, he had some other friends, but they only came around when Yoongi wasn’t in a horrible mood, which was basically always.

“Hyung?” Taehyung titled his head back to look up at Yoongi. The older glanced down at the boy. His boxy smile was creeping onto his face and the blonde couldn’t help but smile back. If anyone asked him about it later, he would say it was just the alcohol. “I like you.” Yoongi was taken aback. No one had ever outright said that they liked him and if they did he ignored them. He didn’t do relationships, he didn’t do dating, he didn’t even do one-night stands. Feelings and emotions such as love and were new concepts to him.

“How drunk are you?” Was his response, gruff and annoyed as usual. Taehyung rolled his eyes, pushing off Yoongi’s legs to crawl into the older’s lap. He straddled the blonde’s thighs, settling his almost empty beer can in between them.

“Not enough.” He lied through his teeth. He was most certainly drunk enough. He might not have felt it yet, but he knew he was going to in the morning. As his mother always told him, the two most truthfully people in this world are children and drunks. “I like you.” He repeated, words blurring together. If he wasn’t drunk he wouldn’t be saying these things. He had already talked to Jimin about all the things that were confusing him and yet he still hadn’t wanted to talk to Yoongi about them. He didn’t want the older to know about his feelings, not yet at least.

“Tae-ah, I don’t-“ The younger interrupted him, pressing a finger to his lips.

“No. You don’t get to talk yet. I want to say this first.” Taehyung gulped, moving his beer to the edge on the couch so he could get closer to Yoongi. “I haven’t known you for very long, but I know enough to accept everything about you. I like you because of the small things I know. I like that you don’t let people push you around. I like your gummy smile that you rarely ever show. I like when you get frustrated that you mess up your hair. I like that you always look after Namjoon-hyung even though you act like you don’t enjoy doing it. I like your deep voice and the slur your words have when you feel extremely tired. I like your passion in your work. I just like you hyung. Everything. And you don’t have to say anything or whatever. I just wanted you to know.” Yoongi blinked a few times, trying to clear his thoughts. He had no idea Taehyung had picked up on those things over the few times they sent together. People who ever liked him, mostly girls, only liked him because he looked mysterious and they ‘loved bad boys.’

But Taehyung was completely different and he had no idea what to do with that.

“Tae-ah. You should know that I’m not a fan of dating or relationships.” The younger nodded. He knew that. He knew that from the very first time he saw Yoongi. He was a sophomore when the meet and every girl and sometimes guy asked to date the blonde turned them down before they could even finish their confession. He had known this whole time, but it didn’t bother him. Not one bit.

“I don’t care. I still like you. Even if it’s unrequited, I’ll like you.” Yoongi scoffed. This brat was as stubborn as his younger brother. Those two would probably get along very well. He brushed a stray hair behind Taehyung’s ear. The younger leaned into the touch, a ghost of a smile appearing on his face.

“Well if you’re okay with that then, I like you too.” Taehyung blinked down at him, eyes growing wide.

“You what?” Yoongi chuckled, pressing his hands against the red head’s waist. Even though dating was far from his mind that didn’t mean he couldn’t still like people. He hadn’t put a label to his ual orientation yet. He thought he could’ve been Ace, but he never decided that’s what it was. He already knew he was panromantic. He liked every person regardless of their gender, but that didn’t mean he would be going around kissing and saying meaningless words to them. But with Taehyung things seemed different.

“I said I like you too. But don’t get your hopes up brat. I still don’t date. And is definitely off the table. But we can hang and see if things change. This is the best you’re gonna get.” Taehyung smiled, leaning down until their chests pressed together. He sighed loudly. Honestly that’s all he could ask for. Even if he wouldn’t be able to be with the blonde completely, he still got to know that Yoongi liked him too. Jimin wasn’t going to believe this.