Not On Top

Or Dragons

"Tae, this is serious. I can not be stuck in tutoring sessions with the TA and son of my English professor. What if my parents find out? It'll be totally embarrassing." Jimin didn't have a thing for complaining, he could deal with most things on his own, but when his childhood friend Taehyung asked what was wrong he spouted off everything he could think of. The pair were making their way to the gym for Taehyung's practice. Jimin had almost forgotten the younger had taken up another sport after soccer.

"I don't really see the issue. I've seen Dr. Kim's son. He's pretty hot." Jimin rolled his eyes. Taehyung was obviously ignoring his problem. 

"You shouldn't be saying that. You're boyfriend wouldn't like it much." Taehyung chuckled, holding up the quad doors for Jimin.

"I'm pretty sure my ex-​​​​​​boyfriend wouldn't mind me finding someone else hot." Jimin stared up at Taehyung, mouth open in shock.

"What do you mean ex? Tae, I thought he was a keeper. You two looked so good together." He knew they weren't going to work out, Jimin could see it in the way that poser never fully looked at Taehyung, instead catching the attention of a firey redhead from the freshman class.

What a piece of garbage.

But he wouldn't tell Taehyung that. He was truly in love with that guy, spending hour after hour trying to come up with ways to impress him and spending many weekends with Jimin, getting advice on the perfect date night even though he had no idea what Taehyung was even talking about. Jimin hadn't dated anyone in almost two years and he wasn't planing on it either.

"Yeah me too. But I caught him cheating with Sungji and that was that. I'm over him now, he can have that little skinny bimbo. Its fine." Jimin refrained from laughing. He knew Taehyung was no where close to being over that guy, but he wouldn't say it. He'd let the younger cope however he wanted and wouldn't get in his way. "Anyway, thanks for walking to practice with me. I know you're itching to get home. I'll see you at my game Friday, right?" Jimin nodded, pushing Taehyung through the gym doors.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. Good luck." Taehyung gave him his signature box smile before vanishing behind the large wooden doors. He sighed, turning away and making his way back across the school yard. He was not at all ready to face his parents. They would not be happy with him.

-

A new psychology book was placed in Jimin's hands as soon as he walked through the door. He didn't expect anything less from his mother. "What do you think Min? A good cover right?" She practically slid from the entry way and back into the kitchen. His mother had always been light on her feet, moving without much sound and very quickly paced. He followed after her, throwing his bag down near the door. 

"Pretty plain. Trying to get published again?" He tossed the book onto the counter next to the stove. "You're not trying to use my arbitrary life as a psychological plea are you?" He asked, grabbing an apple from the bowl on the counter. His mother quickly plucked the fruit from his hand, taking a bite from it before throwing it back at him.

"Of course I am Min. You have a great mind to study from. Just like your father's. I'll have you know all my colleagues think you are just wonderful and love hearing about the tests I put you through. It helps with their research too." Jimin sighed, picking around the bite mark. He wouldn't eat the whole apple anyway, only a few pieces would state him. "So Dr. Kim called. Wanna talk about it." Another thing his mother did, light on her feet, was causualy changing the subject without leaving much escape.

"Well, I'm failing English again. But I have a tutor now because of Dr. Kim. And he's letting me make up some tests so I should have my grades back up in a matter of a few weeks, two months tops." She smiled sadly. He knew he would be getting that look. His mother was not happy about this in the slightest.

She just couldn't imagine her Jimin less than average, not after the first two times. She let those slid, knowing he could just get better later. He was her little genius and he could make any fault look good. But now, he was just a disappointment that needed a tutor, but she wouldn't say that out loud.

"That's okay, a tutor. Is she nice? I bet she looks up to you. You're handsome and smart too." Jimin frowned slightly.

"It's a him, mom. Uh, Kim Namjoon. He's pretty smart, I suppose. He knows his away around grammar usage that's for sure." His mother snorted, taking the apple from him again. 

"He better be. I don't want anymore calls from Dr. Kim about your grades Min. I'm not paying thousands of dollars for you to waste on English courses that you should grasp at the flick of the wrist. Simplicity is extravagant only if intelligence...

"Is extraordinary." Jimin finished her sentence, rolling his eyes. He had heard that millions of times since before he could talk. His mother was just full of advice and phrases that didn't really mean anything. And this was one of them.

"Good.  Now, go read my book. I think you'll like page ninety the best." She ed the book into his hands once more, shooing him away from the kitchen and towards his bedroom. He sighed, opening the book. He was not ready for another story on his non-exsistent psychological disorder. His mother was way beyond bothersome at this point.