You Aren't Here

Or Dragons

Jimin eventually eneded up in his bed. He looked up at the ceiling, tracking the cracks with his fingers. He would have to paint it again, the bugs would be attracted to the blue paint and he wouldn't be too pleased. He sighed, running a hand through his hair. It was still bothering him. Why keep Jihyun a secret? He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. It didn't matter much anymore. Jihyun wasn't a secret anymore, he had a brother he didn't know about, and his parents had a lot of explaining to do.

He stopped tracing the cracks when he heard his door open. "Jimin?" His father's voice soke softly, coming into his room. He turned to look at his door, frowning slightly. He still wasn't happy about the whole thing and he really didn't feel like talking to anyone. "Can I talk to you for a moment?" The younger grunted, rolling over onto his back again. The older sighed, moving to sit on the edge of Jimin's bed. He pressed a hand onto the younger's leg, squeezing lightly. "Son, I hope your mom didn't hit you too hard. Are you okay, does it hurt?" He shook his head. His mom hadn't smacked him all that hard. He was just shocked and his cheek was a little red, but other than that he was fine. "Good, um, I have something that I would like to tell you. And I don't know if I should say this without your mother, but." He sighed, his father was taking to long to explain this. He was getting tired. "You were adopted." Jimin shot up from the bed, eyes wide and paniced.

"I'm what?" Jiseong nodded his head slightly. He ran a hand through his hair before continuing to speak.

"When you were three we adopted you. Something horrible happened to you and we didn't want you to suffer, so we took you in." Jimin shook his head frantically.He was hoping for some clarification about Jihyun. He was not expecting a bomb like this.

"What happened? What happened to me? To my real parents?" Jiseong sighed, knowing Jimin would want to know the details.

"Your father skipped town after your accident and we could never get in touch with him. Your mother was the one that caused your accident. She was in the hospital for a long time. She still is, but I'm trying to get her stable enough to come back into society. She was convinced that demons were trying to posses you and the only way to get rid of them was to kill you. She threw you off the top of the hosptial's psych ward and you fell six stories to the garden. We were honestly surprised you survived the fall. But you suffered greatly. Brain damage, broken bones, internal bleeding. I managed to save your life and Suyoung didn't want to send you to an orphange so we took you in." Jimin was reeling. He had no idea any of this was going on. His birth mom tried to kill him because she thought he was possed. And he didn't even know it.

"Then what?" He whispered, his breath catching in his throat.

"You still suffered. Even after all your bones healed, you still weren't completely healed. Brain damage. You can't remember traumatic events. At first I thought you had a form of long term memory loss, but that wasn't the case. Cause you could recite pages of your mother's books better than she could by age six. Then we figured out you were repressing the memories. You still are, you can't remember anything traumatic. Not your accident, not Jihyun being kidnapped, none of it." Jimin nodded along. He was still confused and slightly angry, but more importantly he was panicing. How could he just forget something so important? So meaningful to his life? What would happen if he couldn't remember something else? What if he couldn't remember his parents or Taehyung or Yuri or even Namjoon.

"Is that why? You hide Jihyun so I wouldn't be brought back. You hide my family so I wouldn't have to see the memories. You lied to me for most of life y'know." He was trying to keep his breathing steady. He didn't want to have a panic attack in front of his father or the older would call his mother and they would do a whole session on it. Jiseong nodded.

"We were just tryng to protect you Jimin. We didn't mean for you to find out like this. Your mother and I love you very much and we would never want to harm you." All Jimin could do was nod. He couldn't even focus anymore as different thoughts swarmed in his head. "It's getting late son. Try and get some sleep. We'll talk about this later, okay." He nodded again, feeling his father get up from the bed and walk out the door.

-

The phone rang once, twice before Namjoon finally got to answer it. He was woken out of a good sleep and he was ready to tell off whoever had woken him up when ragged breathing entered his eardrum and a soft voice tried to speak. "Namjoon." He automatically sat up in his bed, terrified.

"Jimin? What's the matter? Are you okay?" There was some mild shuffling on the other end as the younger tried to respond.

"I can't.I can't breathe. I don't. You aren't here." Namjoon was shocked. He couldn't believe Jimin had called him like this. He was surprised the younger would call him at all He thought he would go to Taehyung or Yuri.

"It's okay. You're going to be okay. Listen to my voice Jimin. You're okay, everything is okay." Jimin's breathing only seemed to get worse as he tied to repeat the words the older had told him.

"I'm okay. Every, everything is okay. Namjoon I-" He got choked on his words and couldn't continue. The air was taking up all his willpower. "You aren't here." Namjon frowned at that. He didn't know Jimin wanted him around and to hear that the younger was scared that he wasn't there with him was breaking his heart. He shook his head , rushing acrss his room.He couldn't believe he was doing this, but it was the only thing he could think of.

"Jimin, I'm coming over. Don't hang up."