Hatred of A Game

Or Dragons

Friday rolled around without a hitch. Jimin breezed by all his classes, even English and managed not to mess up his oral report in Public Speaking. It was an easy day to say the least. And Taemin didn't get on his case for being almost ten minutes late to practice. He slipped into his spot next to Yuri who smiled fondly at him and patted him on the shoulder. He was ready to get this practice over with so he could get ready for Taehyung's game. 

"Someone looks excited. Did you catch a date?" Jimin snorted, pushing himself down into a split to stretch. 

"Not likely. I don't date, well haven't dated, same difference. It doesn't matter. No, I have a basketball game to go to. Taehyung is playing again and I can't miss it." Jimin texted Taehyung saying he should stop by and get him before the game started. He wanted to be there early to help Taehyung stretch and tell him to take care of himself, like every other sport Taehyung had been in. 

"Ah. Isn't he that childhood friend of yours? Tall, lanky and handsome?" Jimin snorted at Yuri's definition of Taehyung. The younger was far from lankly. He had nice muscles for rarely working out and his shoulders were nothing to sneeze at. 

"Sure, if you wanna say that." Jimin had stopped stretching, ready to do tricks when a loud voice interrupted his concentration.

"Hyung! Don't trip!" He rolled his eyes, turning to the source, already knowing who it was. Taehyung was known for his loud voice. Jimin shook his head, giving the younger a small wave before looking back at Yuri. 

"That's my cue." He said simply before throwing himself backward into a back handspring, backflip and ending with a back walk over. Yuri made a ridiculous cheer, yelling and clapping, egging on Jimin's tricks. Taehyung eventually joined in with, 'That's my Min!' And even Taemin gave a few claps. He rolled his eyes, walking toward his bag. He also grabbed a water bottle from Yuri's things, not bothered by her shouts of 'don't go through a girl's stuff.' He waved her off before going to Taehyung.

"Ready?"

-

"You're gonna do well, right?" Jimin asked, pushing down on Taehyung's back. The younger had always loved getting help from Jimin. The dancer sure knew how to stretch and it always helped him out. "I won't cheer for you if you don't try." Taehyung snorted, grabbing onto his toes.

"But I won't do good unless you cheer. You are my own personal cheerleader." Jimin chuckled at that. Taehyung was right though. He had always cheered on the younger for every sport he had played since the were young.

Soccer, football, basketball, baseball, track and even the time he tried out for the bowling team (which ended in complete embarrassment as Taehyung threw three gutter balls in a row and couldn't even roll the ball down the lane properly) in high school. Jimin had always been by his side. 

"That is true. I'll cheer for you, but if you don't at least score on a layup, no Choco Pies after the game." Taehyung pouted, laying back against Jimin's thighs.

"Awe Min. But your mom always gets the good ones. I can't miss them." Jimin rolled Taehyung off of him, crossing his legs over each other. He watched the younger fumble with his limbs, pushing himself up into a sitting position in front of Jimin. "Do you think your mom will let the team crash again? Y'know if we win?" Jimin nodded, already sure they were going to win. His mother always let Taehyung's team hang out at their house if they won a game, especially the first one. This time would be no different. 

"Mom is always down to see you Tae. Plus this is the first game of the season. She wouldn't miss that party for the world. You'll even get her special boba tea." Taehyung smiled broadly, throwing his hands in the air, silently cheering. He had no idea how he put with Taehyung for this long. His actions were so over the top and he was far too loud for Jimin's liking, but maybe that's what made their friendship perfect.

"I probably have to get going. Set up is soon and I'm being forced to help the freshmen pull the ball rack. Dowoon isn't giving me a break this season." Jimin snorted, springing to his feet to help Taehyung up as well. Dowoon had been the captain of almost every team Taehyung had been on since highschool and the younger was completely over it. Jimin didn't blame him.

Dowoon was the silent moody type and never really cared about who he had to put in their place, though he never actually saw that side of the older and just took Taehyung's word for it.

"I'll be with the coaches. Don't pull anything, okay." Taehyung nodded, rushing off toward the physical activites center, where Dowoon was most likely giving orders to the freshman.

-

The game started a bit later than usual, a strange malfunction occured in the score box and they had to wait for maintance to fix it. That didn't bother the teams or the on-lookers. It was the first game of the season and everyone was eager to see who would reign surpreme. Jimin always voted for the Hawks. It was his home team anyway, but he never doubted their amazing skills. There were new members of the team that Jimin had never seen before, but he knew they were in good hands. Taehyung and Dowoon would never let them down. 

Jimin sat right behind the coaches, on the off bench next to a random player of the team. He had always been sitting there, never once asked to move to an actual seat. The coaches really liked having him around, most likely because his mother let the team party after games without having the cops called on the roudy crew.

He didn't fully understand why his mother didn't care about the team crashing at their house when he knew the next morning she was forcing him to clean up the mess and giving him a psychological run-down of each team members character. She would have new ones to look over tonight and he would have to listen to each one.

"What's the scrore Jimin?" One of the coaches, Lee Hyung, asked turning to face the younger. He had always been asked what he thought the ending score would be. His predictions were almost always close to the actual score, another good reason why they kept him around.

"Hm, this could be close. They have a new line of defense. Probably stuck on protien shakes and serve lack of sleep due to extensice practice. But they do have a new captain, looks like someone who doesn't know what they are doing. So I'm gonna guess 65 to 58, 62 to 56 if they can't handle our lineup. You're playing Seungjun in the second half, yeah?" Lee Hyung nodded, scoffing sightly. It seemed that Jimin knew more about his team than he did. It was schocking the boy wasn't going into the sports field when he knew so much about anything and everything related to physical activity. His parents were right about him being way to smart for his years, but then again they were too.

"That close, huh? Well, let's hope it all plays out then." Jimin nodded, attention back on the court. He needed to keep focus to know the exact placement of each teammate of both teams. It could help with the play ups later. He also needed to be on the lookout for illegal plays and fouls. Sometimes the refs just let these things slide and he wasn't about to have one of their players inguried or worse, lose the opening game. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as the ball flew across the court, passed back and forth between player after player. Jimin never once took his eyes off the other team, knowing the Termites were going to pull something fast.

"Foul. Illegal pass between the half court line. Call it." Jimin spoke, pointing out the member of the team. Lee Hyung blew his whistle not even sure he had been paying that much attention to the court. He would never know how Jimin had such a good eye for this. Referees rushed to the sound of whistles, confused at what happened.

"An illegal pass on the-" Jimin blocked out the conversation. He knew who was going to be punished for the foul. Both teams would have to switch someone out and the fouler would be red boxed for a quarter, no longer playable for some time. If Lee hyung was lucky they would play a smaller newer team member and they could get away with using more of their strongest. Taehyung, Dowoon, and Sehun were already on the court, the others were just formalities at this point.

"Hey Jimin!" His name was called from the stands and he had to turn completely around to see who had eagerly yelled his name.

"Hey Luhan." He waved shortly, motioning for the slim boy to come down to him. "You watching the game or just lover boy?" Luhan chuckled softly, rubing the back of his neck nervously. Jimin laughed, patting the other side of the bench. "I'll take that as lover boy has all your attention." The older nodded slightly, sitting down next to him.

"He has a name, Min. And I'm hoping if we win this game he won't just be lover boy." Jimin shook his head, eyes going back to the game. The teams had switched players and everything was back in motion. The person who had been sitting next to Jimin in the beginning was now replaced with someone taller and skinnier.

"Didn't peg you for the sports type. Or are you here on a Psychological escapade Mr. Dismissal?" Jimin tensed, knowing exactly who the voice belonged to without looking directly at him.

"Of course not Mr. Kim. I'll have you know, my friend is on the team. I'm the moral support." Namjoon chuckled, slinging an arm over Jimin's shoulders. He narrowed his eyes, trying to focus on the game.

"It's Taehyung, I bet. That boxy smile never stops talking about his best friend, Min. Should've known it was you." Jimin sighed, removing Namjoon's arm with the tips of his fingers. He had a thing about being touched unwillingly.

"I'm sure he hasn't. But he never said anything about you. Figures. You're aren't anything to oogle over." Jimin knew he was being rude at this point, but he didn't care. He was tired of seeing Namjoon all over, even if it had only been two days. He was going to kill Taehyung, once for never telling him about Namjoon, twice for never telling him that Namjoon was on the basketball team, and thrice for just being Taehyung. It was completely fair after all. He was definitely going to hate basketball after this.