Talk About It

Or Dragons

Jimin sighed, pulling his bag up over his shoulder. He really wasn't looking forward to seeing his parents. He had managed to avoid them the next morning, but it was only because he had climbed out of his second story window and risked a broken ankle landing on top of his dance bag (and Namjoon sauntered out the front door with an orange and an apple, what a jerk).

But before he could even try to sneak back into his house his mother 'danced' out of the front door. She ran down the driveway and wrapped her arms around him tightly. Jimin was slightly taken aback. His mother had never openly expressed love to him (he never minded) and now it was just strange.

"Awe, my Min. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything at all. I love you so much." She pulled away to look down at Jimin. He stared at her with wide eyes. He still wasn't sure how to express his feelings toward his mother. He had never really said that he loved her out loud. He just assumed she knew. "My poor baby was hurting and I didn't even see it. Come Min let's have a talk."

-

Suyoung sat Jimin down in her makeshift office. The younger stared down at his hands. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to say. Every time they talked his mother only asked about things she thought were necessary for her research. But things were different today.

"Min, I never really talked to you. And I just want to say I'm sorry. I must be the world's most horrible parent. You must hate me." Jimin scoffed, shaking his head.

"I don't hate you. I could never." He said, looking over at his mother. He seriously could never hate his mom. They might not see eye-to-eye but what kid ever did. They had a weird relationship, it was even weirder now, but they still loved each other. He was never bothered by any of their forms of affection. Sure, he would complain that his mother was driving him nuts, that all her sessions were annoying, but he would never hate her. "You're my mom." Suyoung smiled slightly, sadly if Jimin was looking correctly.

"I don't feel like it. I kept Jihyun from you, I lied about were you come from. I don't even know what you like to do." Jimin snorted. She wouldn't be proud of it.

"Um, I dance." He mumbled, looking down at his hands. She laughed making him snap his neck up. This is what he was afraid of. This is why he never shared things with his parents.

"You think I didn't know that Min. You've left flyers for the club all around. I just didn't know it was something you were into. Is there anything else?" He sighed, looking back down. He never told his mother anything about him, other than what she had wanted to know for herself.

"There's a lot. I don't know if you're interested." Suyoung nodded eagerly. This is something they needed to do now or they would never find the time.

"Tell me everything Min."

-

Jimin has never talked this much to his mother before in his entire life and honestly he felt good about it. She had laughed at some things he said and she hadn't mocked him. It made him feel good about himself until the subject matter changed.

"Jihyun would've loved you. I mean he did love you, but y'know. He was so much like you. That big smile and those large eyes. I'm surprised you look so much alike. I'm sorry that we didn't say anything to you." Jimin shook his head. He knew it wasn't an easy choice to make and he didn't really feel the need to know anymore. He could've went his whole life without knowing and wouldn't have been affected.

"It's okay. Dad explained it to me. I wouldn't remember anyway. It's fine, really." He seriously wasn't that upset about it anymore, sure it would've been nice to know he had a younger brother and sure it would be great to see his birth mom again, but he liked his life now. He had two pretty decent parents and a best friend that cared for him. That was enough.

"I just- I'm still sorry Min. And I'm sorry that I push you so hard to do things, that I didn't even realize what you wanted to be. Like how was I supposed to know you studied some Zoology. Also Namjoon-ssi, how did you even-" Jimin interrupted her.

"Mom, I still don't know about him yet. I'm still figuring things out. Oh," before he forgets all about it, Jimin pulled out the book from his bag and slid it across the table. "He left some notes in it. Said to take a look if you wanted too. Uh, it's pretty good. You should publish it." He avoided her gaze as he spoke. He still didn't want his life out in the world, but he wouldn't deny his mom's hard work anymore.

"I'll think about it. Not sure if I like what I wrote. Could be wrong about your life, y'know. I'll write something better next time." He smiled at her softly. Maybe things weren't as bad as he thought they were. Maybe he was just over thinking things as always. "Well I have to get to work Min, you'll be alright by yourself for a few hours won't you?" He nodded shortly, standing up and grabbing his things.

"Of course I will. I always am I aren't I?" Suyoung laughed, walking toward him. She quickly kissed his cheek before stepping into the hall.

"Love you Min." He smiled, looking out the door. 

I love you too, mom.