It'll Be Okay

Or Dragons

"Jimin!" Namjoon called after the younger. He had ran after Jimin, trying to keep pace so he wouldn't hurt himself. He had lost sight after a while, but knew the brunette couldn't go very far.

"Go away." A muffled response came from above the older's head. He should've known Jimin would've gone to the tree house. There was really no where else to run to back here. Unless he wanted to end up in the woods. Namjoon leaned his back against the tree, looking up. He was going to climb into the tree so he could at least see Jimin, but the younger had stolen the ladder and there was no way he was swinging himself up like a monkey.

"Nope, you're stuck with me." Namjoon was prepared to sit here forever if he had too. Jimin poked his head over the side of the broken wooden boards before tossing the ropes down to the older. Namjoon smiled, climbing up swiftly. This was going to be a long afternoon.

-

"I just can't believe they hide a whole person from me. And for sixteen years at that. But it doesn't make sense I would've been four when Jihyun went missing. Why don't I remember him?" Namjoon nodded in agreement. It was weird, that a person could just disappear and Jimin had no clue about it.

"I don't know Jimin. I'm just as confused as you are. But maybe you're parents hide it from you for a good reason." The younger sighed, curling closer to Namjoon. The sun had started to set and the air was chilling. His small body could use all the warmth it could get. "I mean, what if they didn't want you to remember it because it was traumatic." Jimin shook his head, snorting.

"I'm still mad. That's my brother. Even if he was kidnapped, I still would've wanted to know. Maybe I could've helped. I dunno." Namjoon sighed, wrapping an arm around the younger. He flinched slightly, but didn't move away. He honestly couldn't think of anything to say to that. There wasn't much he could say. He never had any of this happen to him. Sure, his mother left him, but that was nothing compaired to having a brother you knew nothing about. Namjoon was slowly finding out more about Jimin, even though it wasn't in the best light, it was still something and that's all that matter to him.

"It'll be okay." He whispered, still not knowing what to actually say. "Even if things look like this. It'll be okay."

-

Jimin refused to go back inside even after Namjoon left. He didn't want to face his parents. Not after what they had said to him. Of course his dad didn't really say anything to him, but he still wasn't looking forward to talking to the older. His mother was most likely still distraught about everything and she was probably drinking to no end. He probably would to after missing a child for sixteen years, only to find him in a river somewhere. But it still didn't clear up any of the questions in his head. Why did they keep something like this from him? Was there something else he was missing? They had never mentioned Jihyun before, there were no pictures of him anywhere, nothing. It was as if he never exisited until now. Maybe this is what Namjoon's father was trying to do when his mother left. The older said Dr. Kim had gotten rid of all her things after she left. His parents were most likely doing the same thing, but why? Why would they go through all this trouble to hide a whole person from him, Jihyun wasn't some dog they buried and tried to forget about. He was a part of the family and Jimin couldn't even remember what he looked like. How old would he have been? Could he even speak or cry out for help? Did he like Jimin or was there some kind of animosty going on, a stupid brotherly fued they could've fixed? Had he even said I love you to the younger? It was all so frustrating. He sighed, laying down on his back. He'd have to go back inside soon, the air was too cold and he didn't have Namjoon to kepe him warm anymore.

It'll be okay. Even if things look like this. It'll be okay.