Reason For It

Or Dragons

Jimin hadn’t lasted an hour in dreamland before he was sitting in his window seat, window slightly open letting in all the cold air. The crisp air made him feel relaxed and comfortable. He didn’t really know what woke him up, it wasn’t the text Taehyung had sent him saying he was out with Yoongi, it wasn’t Pepper jumping onto his bed looking for her nightly cuddles, and it wasn’t even Namjoon’s light snores from the other side of the bed. He had heard them before and it never bothered him. He was just jostled awake from some unknown source and now he was fine with being wide awake at two in the morning. He sighed, curling his legs underneath him, trying to keep his bare feet warm. He felt bad freezing out his room since another person was laying in his bed, but he needed the cold air. It was better for his mind.

He honestly had no idea what he was feeling. That was the only clear thing to him. Sure, he like Namjoon, but did that mean he could actually say it out loud? Most definitely not. But then it wasn’t fair to Namjoon. He was basically leading the older on and he didn’t deserve that. The blue haired male deserved someone so much better than him. Someone that loved him like he loved Jimin. He was also mad at himself. Why couldn’t he just it up and express himself. He didn’t even do it with Minha, he never told her what he wanted, what he needed. He just couldn’t and he had always worried about what she had wanted. He was doing the same with Namjoon. He knew it all had something to do with the accident years ago. But he didn’t think it would make the rest of his life impossible.

Why couldn’t everything be like a dance?

Jimin knew how to tell stories through dancing. He could tell all his emotions into a move, a twirl, a split. He knew what music did, he knew all the feelings that could be expressed. Maybe he could show Namjoon how he felt through a dance. Maybe he could make everything just a little bit easier.

“You’re gonna catch a cold sitting there like that.” The voice made him jump. He turned to look at it’s owner, finding Namjon sitting on the bed facing him. He sighed, closing the window but making no effort to move away from it. He should’ve went to the treehouse. It would’ve made it easier to avoid the older. He might catch hypothermia, but it would’ve been worth it. “Come back to bed.” He mumbled, stretching out his arms in Jimin’s direction. The younger laughed at the action, but finally moved away from his other safe spot. He slowly crawled into Namjoon’s arms and let the older wrap them tightly around his small body. “God Minnie. You’re freezing.”

“Yeah.” Jimin mumbled, curling closer to the older. He was warm and he could feel sleep covering him once again. Even if he couldn’t voice his feelings out loud, this would be the best he could give. Namjoon scoffed, pulling the blankets over them both. He didn’t know why the younger was sitting near the window with it open during this time of night, but he wouldn’t force the brunette to talk about it. If there was anything Jimin needed to tell him, the younger would say it on his own. Jimin looked up at Namjoon a frown on his face. He knew the older wanted to say something else, but he wasn’t going to voice anything.

“Are you okay, Joonie? Do the cuts hurt?” He shook his head, chuckling.

“I’m fine. I’m more worried about you.” Jimin rolled his eyes, pressing his face into Namjoon’s chest. He was fine. More than fine. He might still be a little bit confused, but he was perfectly fine. “You might catch a cold. Or something.” The brunette snorted, looking back up at Namjoon.

“Don’t worry about something like that. My dad’s a doctor. I’d be healed in no time.” The older sighed, shaking his head. Of course, Jimin would be the one to turn his worry into a comedic factor. He tightened his grip on the smaller boy, relaxing as he felt Jimin warm up in his arms. He felt better knowing the boy wouldn’t catch a cold or hypothermia. Jimin hummed at the feeling, yawning. The warmth was completely taking over his body, causing him to feel safe and sleepy. “Joonie?” the brunette mumbled out, another yawn capturing the syllables.

“Hm?” The older responded, rubbing soothing circles into Jimin’s back.

“I hmm-“ His words stopped as sleep engulfed him and light snores escaped his body. Namjoon sighed, pressing a soft kiss against his forehead.

“Night Minnie.”