Way Too Domestic

Or Dragons

Morning came way too early, even for Jimin. He was an early bird, but he hadn’t gotten much sleep the night before, so when the sun passed the trees and entered his room uninvited he grumbled about it for a solid ten minutes before deciding to leave his comfy bed. He didn’t wake Namjoon as he left his room. He didn’t know the older’s sleeping schedule, but he figured the dimpled male preferred to sleep in on Sundays.

He quietly made his way into the kitchen. He wanted to make breakfast for the sleeping houseguest and possibly his mother if she was still around. He knew that she had a tendency to sleep in her office at work, but he hoped that since it was the weekend she managed to trudge back home and sleep in her room. Jimin decided on a simple Western style breakfast that he had learned on a trip to America with his father. He wasn’t entirely sure how it was going to turn out, but he hoped it would be better than his father’s biohazardous cooking.

He pulled out all the ingredients, thankful that his mother had went shopping sometime that week. He made a mental checklist as he cooked. He didn’t want to mess anything up. Even in his daily life everything had to be perfect. He cracked an egg over the now warm skillet, dragging a whisk through the yolk. He added a few pinches of salt and pepper before whisking the whole thing together. The name of the recipe was something he couldn’t pronounce, his English not that advance in naming certain things, but the picture still looked delicious and that was all that mattered.

Jimin was to engrossed in cooking that he hadn’t even heard Namjoon enter the kitchen. The older softly wrapped his arms around the smaller’s waist and rested his chin on the younger’s shoulder. Jimin jumped slightly at the contact, but didn’t stop Namjoon from holding him. The action felt strangely domestic and he was surprised that he wasn’t bothered by it. “Smells good Minnie.” The brunette hummed, plating the finished meal. He topped the eggs off with a few cubed tomatoes and a piece of cilantro. “Omelets huh?” Jimin nodded, turning around in Namjoon’s arms.

“I wanted to test out my cooking skills. It’s really the only thing I know how to make other than instant ramen and cereal.” The older chuckled, leaning back to get a better look at Jimin. The younger looked very tired, eye bags dark on his golden skin, his honey brown eyes casted a shadow making them seem hollow, and he wasn’t as warm as he usually was.

“Did you get enough sleep last night?” Jimin immediately wanted to say yes, he didn’t want to worry Namjoon. But he couldn’t lie to him. The brunette was not a fan of lying for any purpose. He had only done it a few times in his life, but afterwards he told the truth cause the thought of being anything but truthful made him feel guilty. He shook his head, looking down at the floor. “Oh Minnie.” Namjoon lifted his head with his hand and pressed a quick kiss to his forehead. “How about a nap after breakfast? Then you can call Taehyung and we’ll bring Yoongi along for a make-up drama night. I mean I did crash the last one.” Jimin smiled, liking the sound of it. It would give him an excuse to cuddle close to Namjoon without showing to much of himself.

“Sounds good. Would Yoongi-hyung really be up for something like that?” Namjoon quickly shook his head, laughing.

“No, but if I say it was your idea he won’t turn us down. He has a soft spot for you. Something about he might be get sent to hell for ignoring an angel.” Jimin chuckled at that. It was such a Yoongi thing to say.

-

“Min I gotta say, your cooking is pretty good. Where did you learn to do this?” Suyoung had wandered into the kitchen sometime later, catching the pair mid cuddle and kiss fest. She gagged loudly like a sibling walking on a heated make-out session. Of course, none of that had happened and it was a quick peck that Jimin had not been prepared for.

“When dad took me overseas I just picked up something that looked tasty I guess. Um, omelet.” He tried to copy Namjoon’s earlier pronunciation. It sounded strange on his tongue. His mother smiled, taking another bite.

“Well I should start making you fix breakfast from now on. I don’t know if I could suffer another round of food poisoning. I’m too young.” Namjoon chuckled at the conversation. He hadn’t seen much interaction from Jimin and his mother, but when he was witnessing it, it was pretty cute.

“No, you can’t. That’s the only thing dad has going for him. Cooking was his dream and if I take it, he might not ever let me live it down. ‘My own son, how could you?’ “ He dramatically impersonated his father, making his mother laugh.

“You’re right. Maybe this can be our little secret. When he’s away just take over the kitchen. Just do it for your poor old brittle mom.” Jimin rolled his eyes, sitting his dirty dish in the sink.

“You? Old, never. You’re barely even thirty-six. That’s not old in this generation.” Suyoung pouted, reaching over to smack the younger on the hand.

“Yah! Never tell a woman’s age to people. Even if it is your boyfriend. That’s not cool.” Namjoon sputtered at the word boyfriend. They were not there yet and he honestly didn’t know if they ever would. Not with the way Jimin was holding back, but he still wasn’t going to push the younger into anything. He was ready to correct her when Jimin spoke up.

“What? Are you worried he’s gonna snatch you up? It’s too late for that. He’s stuck with me now. I’m like Eczema, annoying and itchy, but a part of you until you can afford to remove me.” Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head.

“You’re lucky I can’t afford to remove you then.” Suyoung gagged again, pushing her empty plate toward Jimin.

“It’s too mushy in here for me. Alright you two love birds, I gotta get some work done. Don’t leave your confectionaries all over my kitchen.” The brunette laughed, pushing himself over the counter to press a quick kiss to his mother’s cheek.

“Don’t worry. We’ll be PG. Don’t forget to take breaks and drink some water. I’ll have dad bring you some chicken for lunch.” She smiled back at her son. She honestly couldn’t believe that she didn’t even think about all his feelings for so many years. She couldn’t believe that at time she didn’t truly think of him as her son. But looking at him now, she saw just a little part of herself in Jimin. The way he laughed, the way he smiled, how light he was on his feet, the way he carried himself, and sometimes his attitude. It still amazed her at times.

“Ah,” She pinched his cheek quickly. “What would I ever do without my sweet Min?” He smiled brightly at the notion. Things were working out well in their favors and all the bad things were passing without a second glance. It was a good feeling that Jimin hadn’t thought possible. It was nice.