Notes On Me

Or Dragons

Suyoung sighed, pulling her hair up into a bun. She still wasn't feeling 100% about everything even after talking to Jimin. He had said that he could never hate her, but she felt horrible. She was the worst mother in the history of worst mothers.

Even Jimin's real mother wasn't this bad.

"Everything alright hon?" Hyun Min, one of her co-workers, spoke looking over her. They had meet in the lounge before every shift just to chat and catch up on things.

"I suppose. I had a real talk with Jimin this afternoon. And there were so many things I don't know about him. I can't believe I never really asked him about his life. I'm a terrible mother." Hyun Min snorted, shaking his head.

"You're not a terrible mother. You just have a weird way of showing affection and understanding. He didn't turn out awful, did he?" Suyoung shrugged. There wasn't anything terribly wrong with Jimin. Sure, he had a few physiological things wrong, but he got his recommended medicine and therapy from it and he was doing fine. He had friends and he was doing things he loved. Wasn't that enough.

"Well no, but I just feel like I could've done better. I'm the reason why he has reactive attachment disorder. I didn't do my job after his mother abandoned him. I was so caught up in Jihyun, I didn't even bother looking after him. Jiseong did a lot of it." The older smirked, taking a bite of his energy bar. He knew about all of that. It wasn't written in her book, but she must've forgotten what else was written in it.

"Maybe you should re-read that book of yours. If I remember correctly, Jimin has some important quotes about you." He stood from his chair. "I'll see you around Su, just think about it some more and tell me how you feel later." Suyoung waved him off, taking a sip of her coffee. Hyun Min might be right, but she still was apprehensive.

-

 Suyoung sat down at her desk, book in hand. Jimin had said that Namjoon had written notes on the inside and she was pretty interested in what he said. The boy was pretty smart if she had remembered him correctly. They should be good.

She opened up the cover slowly, looking for the first set of notes. She was getting nervous. What if Namjoon saw her flawed parenting and sided with Jimin? What if he hated the book? She groaned, flipping the pages. These kids were going to be the death of her.

Namjoon was very cautious with her book, as she could tell. He wrote the notes on sticky pads and not the actual pages. She would have if she was being honest.

- It's interesting. I think if Jimin really read between the lines he could understand your genius. Maybe he just doesn't want to. -

Suyoung snorted, flipping more pages. He was right. Jimin had never paid attention to her words unless they were stated more clearly, but maybe that was his way of ignoring her. He always understood more than he let on. He was way smarter than he let on too.

- I've seen this. Doesn't he have medicine or anything? I'm not worried about it, cause he eats enough, but still? -

- Reactive attachment disorder? Doesn't this happen before the age of five? Well he does seem to have the signs of it, he doesn't open to others and he feels like he has to take care of himself without help. Maybe he needs reassurance that he's not alone. -

Suyoung couldn't agree more. She was going to have change her parenting tactics while she still could. Jimin was an adult and he really didn't have to put up with her or Jiseong, but he was still trying. So she would have to as well.

- He needs someone else other than Taehyung and Yuri. I don't want to just be the tutor. I want to be his friend. Somone he can rely on, y'know. -

- I don't really know much about this stuff. I used to be a major in psych but aren't these things unconventional. Hm, but it still seems to be working. He's doing better. -

Suyoung sighed. Why was Namjoon so well versed in all of this? He knew so much about the field and was no longer a psych major. She was thoroughly impressed. She could use Namjoon's notes to help her with more research and a way to reconnect with her son.

 

~~~

Hey everyone! This might be the last chapter for a while. I'm really having a hard time writing and I don't want to leave you guys hanging so please be patient and I will come back with something better. Thank you so much and please take care of yourselves.