Please Stay Here

Or Dragons

Jimin refused to leave Namjoon's lap for the next twenty minutes while his brain cleared. He still couldn't believe his dad had told him such a thing. Could he even considered Jiseong his dad?

Yes.

There was no question about that. Jiseong had raised him for sixteen years, he didnt know anyone other than him and he wouldn't trade him for anything. He wouldn't even trade Suyoung, his mother, either. Sure, she could could get overbearing and a little eccentric at times, but she still loves him all the same.

Yet, he was still trying to wrap his head around the fact that Namjoon liked him. Since when and why? How could someone so smart, caring, and beautiful like someone like him; someone the complete opposite of himself.

"Since when?" He whispered out and if he was sitting in Namjoon's lap the older surely wouldn't have been able to hear him.

"Hm?" Namjoon looked down at the brunette, carding his hands through the younger's hair.

"When did you start liking me?" He asked again, clearer this time. Namjoon sighed. He could remember the exact day that everything happened. The day he saw Jimin, looking as small as he did right now. The day he wished he was confident enough to ask to be friends with the younger. He chuckled slightly, tugging Jimin back so he could get a better look at the younger. His face was puffy and he could only assume it was from the panic attack and the tiredness that radiated from his slumped form.

"Since freshman year. Eh, it's kind of a corny story." Jimin titled his head to the side in confusion and interest.

"Tell me."

-

Namjoon laid down, wrapping his arms around Jimin as he retold the story of when he first learned that he liked the small boy. "It was a complete accident. Yoongi hyung didn't mean to bump into you like that, but there was no way around it."

"Listen, Joon-ah. I want to stay, but my dad wants me to- Ugh could you watch where you're going?" That was the third kid that had bumped into him and he was starting to get agitated.

"Can't you convince him that you have to stay, I mean at least until graduation. It's only a year away for you." Namjoon was practically begging Yoongi at this point. They had been friends since the younger could remember and now his dad was just ripping them apart.

"I can try but-" His sentence stopped as his tray tilted completely out his hands. He had bumped into another kid, a freshman, by the name tag placed directly in the center of his jacket. Whoever thought of those name tags was dumb, they were college students for Christ sake, who would even care.

Yoongi's perfectly tossed (and highly expensive) salad landed directly on the kids head, messing up his dark black hair with ranch and lettuce. "Ugh, are you alright?" He was slightly mad that he had wasted so much on that salad and hadn't even had a bite of it, but he also felt bad for the freshman that was probably trying his hardest to stay on a low profile around his seniors.

"I-I'm sorry. I-" The smaller boy stuttered out, not even forming a complete sentence before he bolted from the crowd. Yoongi sighed, picking up the remnants of his salad.

"Joon-ah, go find that kid. He looked like he was about to cry. I need another damn salad. That brat." Namjoon shook his head, running out of the cafeteria in search of a boy with lettuce in his hair.

"Hey, I remember that. Hyung looked so scary that I didn't want to look him in the eye. That's why I ran away. But I don't remember you. Is this another one of those traumatic accidents again?" Namjoon shrugged. He had no clue what Jimin was talking about.

"Um, I don't know. But I haven't gotten to the good part yet." Jimin rolled his eyes, patting Namjoon on the stomach.

"Fine, continue."

It didn't take Namjoon long to find the boy. He went to his favorite hiding spot as a freshman and sure enough the boy was sitting there, sobbing into his selves. "Hey are you alright?"" The boy snapped his head, scooting closer to the wall.

"Yeah, just peachy. Go away." He mumbled, wiping his eyes with the back of his hands. The movement gave Namjoon enough time to read the name tag.

Park Jimin.

"No can do Jimin. I think I'll stay right here." He spoke nonchalantly as if the two weren't sitting on the bathroom floor. "You got lettuce in your hair." Jimin rolled his eyes, picking a piece out and flicking it at Namjoon.

"No . I'm surprised it took you that long to see it with those spectacles, Issac." Namjoon snorted, leaning over to pick a few more pieces of food from Jimin's head. Did he just refer to him as Issac Newton? Did he even wear glasses?

"My friend says he's sorry. He didn't mean to dump food on you." The boy sighed, pushing Namjoon's hand away. He could get the rest from his hair, it was just a few more pieces and some ranch that he could wash out in the gym showers.

"It's fine. I wasn't worried about it. I just didn't want to be the center of attention. So many people saw." He mumbled, throwing food in the toilet next to him. "Just tell that hyung it's fine. I'll buy him some food or milk tea or whatever if he wants." Namjoon snorted, kicking his long legs out from under him.

"I wouldn't offer that. All your savings will be gone. Yoongi loves New York steak. He'll be expensive." Jimin chuckled, shaking his head.

"We all got our limits, I'm sure he wouldn't take a poor freshman's money. Unless he's heartless." Namjoon shrugged, thinking about all the money he had spent on Yoongi when he didn't have the cash. He'd let Jimin figure that out. The smaller boy smiled slightly up at him, throwing another piece of lettuce at him.

"Thanks. You didn't have to come here. I could've handle myself." Namjoon nodded slightly, looking at the tear stains on his face. Even then he looked beautiful, a tiny piece of the sun if it wasn't covered by the clouds. He probably would've said more if the boy hadn't walked to the door of the stall.

"Thanks again. I'll see you around. Maybe."

Jimin snorted, looking up at Namjoon. "I'll see you around, maybe? Who did I think I was? That's so stupid. Man, you must've thought I was so pathetic." The older shook his head.

"Nope. I thought you were beautiful even if you had been crying. I didn't say anything cause I had barely even meet you and I guess that would be creepy." Jimin nodded slightly. It would've been and it kinda was. "But I still never got that chance cause you were hanging around Taehyung all the time and you didn't even remember me. Was it the hair? Or because I wasn't wearing my glasses?"

"The glasses. You don't look like a nerd anymore hyung." Namjoon smacked the boy lightly.

"That's it I'm leaving!" He tried to stand up in mock anger, but Jimin clung to him, pulling him back to the bed.

"No. Please stay." He wishpered, curling back into a comfortable position against the older. Namjoon chuckled, but didn't fight against Jimin, instead he left a soft kiss against the younger's forehead. He would definitely stay for as long as Jimin needed him too.