Not Too Peaceful

Or Dragons

Jimin sat up slowly, groaning. It was definitely not the best idea to sleep in the tree house. It was an even worse idea to let Namjoon stay with him. He yawned, running sleep from his eyes. He tried to adjust his eyes to the light from the sun by blinking only to be blinded by it's rays. It shouldn't even be this sunny, fall was passing away quickly and winter was right around the corner. "Well good morning. Didn't think you'd be up anytime soon." Namjoon's voice broke through his tiredness and he resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"Unlike some people I like to be awake before the sun reaches the highest point in the sky." Namjoon snorted, running a hand through his hair. Jimin narrowed his eyes at the older. He was regretting his discession to be friends with Namjoon. He was already cranky for sleeping in the tree house and now he had to deal with Namjoon and his constant sass and stupid face. Okay, it wasn't stupid, but Jimin was running out of clever phrases to describe it.

"You sound like you're describing Taehyung. By the way he crashed in your bed, last time I checked on him." Jimin groaned, throwing his hands in the air. Now what was he going to tell his mother about his friends? She would really dig into their psychy and try to pry them apart like a sadastic child who pulls off a spider's legs while it's still alive.

"I'm gonna kill him. Namjoon, go home. Before my dad starts asking questions." Namjoon snorted again, throwing his legs over the side of the tree house. He fell gracefuly, landing on the ground softly. For someone who looked like he had been breathing in protein powder he sure was light on his feet, of course Jimin could see right though that act. Especially after Namjoon flopped down on his back. A fish out of water was prettier than the scene in front of him.

"It's too late for that. Your dad wanted to see me at breakfast. Said he had a new dish he wanted to try out on me." Jimin shook his head, climbing down the ladder. He tossed the rungs up over the dead branches after he touched the ground. He stuck a hand out for Namjoon to take and helped the larger male to his feet.

"He isn't the best cook, so whatever you do, please tell him it's good." Namjoon chuckled, brushing off grass particles from his pants.

"It can't be as bad as my own."

-

Namjoon couldn't have been more wrong. Jimin's father had absoulutely no idea how to cook. It should be illgeal the way he was using a whisk, slapping it down hard into whatever he was mixing. Jimin watched with an amused face the whole time, waiting for Namjoon to make any sort of comments. "Min, my boy can you get me the big skillet?" Jimin frowned, stepping away from the island. The big skillet had died a long time ago along with his mother's good sauce pan.

"We don't have that anymore remember? You broke the handle trying to make pancakes." His father looked up from the bowl with a sigh.

"That's right. The first and last time I've made pancakes, huh?" Jimin nodded, moving to the other side of the island. He was surprised their house was still standing with all the cooking attepmts his father had made. He still didn't know why his mother didn't cook. She was twice as good as his father was and it never ened in the neighbors calling the fire department because they were afraid the smoke could kill them all. He pulled a medium sized skillet from underneath the counter, handing it to his dad.

"You'll just have to settle." He pulled a medium sized skillet from underneath the counter top and slide to his father. His eyes widened at the sight of the contents of the bowl his father held. And for once he was glad he was not big on eating. "Do you know where mom is? I think I need a psychological exam." His father sighed, pointing up stairs with his whisk.

"That friend of yours was a mess last night. I gave him a small dose of Naproxen and sent him to your room. Mom, might be doing a reading with him. I made some hangover soup for him as well. You might want to save him." Jimin sighed, looking back at Namjoon. The other was still staring at his father with the utmost fear. He smirked. It served him right.Trying to be cool and buddy-buddy with him. He might leave Namjoon with his family a lot more often.

"Namjoon, I'll be back. Taehyung better not have puked on my sheets or I'm gonna kill him."

-

"So, Namjoon?" Jimin had left the kitchen, leaving Namjoon alone with his father and his illegal cooking skills. He lifted his head to look at Jimin's father.

"Sir?" Namjoon didn't know what to call the man, Jimin hadn't introduced them and his only words for the older were 'creepily eccentric in a doctor's form.' Jimin's father chuckled, setting down the bowl onto the counter.

"Please call me Jiseong." Namjoon nodded, looking back down at the table. He didn't know why he felt so awkward around Jiseong. It wasn't like he was going to confess to the older or even to Jimin. He was just the tutor, a friend of a friend or whatever. He just had a weird feeling about being with Jiseong alone. "I heard you were Jimin's tutor. I also heard from Taehyung that Jimin is having a hard time with being open with you." Namjoon nodded slightly. He had seen it. Jimin seemed to be stuck around Taehyung and another boy that he had yet to learn the name of. It didn't sit all that well with him. Nobody had outwardly disliked him before.

"Yeah." He responded softly. Jiseong shook his head, continuing his cooking.

"Don't be too hard on him. And excuse his behavior. Somethings have never been the same since then." Namjoon's head snapped up at that. What did the older mean. Was there something wrong with Jimin. He had read in Jimin's mother's book that he had reactive attachment disorder and an eating disorder, but those were just simple things that didn't seem to detrimental to his life. What else had happened to him?

"Did something happen? Is he okay?" Jiseong laughed, filling the pan with his mixture.

"I think I've said a little too much. But everything is fine. Just remember what I said." Namjoon opened his mouth to ask more questions, but two sets of feet rushed down the stairs cutting off his voice.

"You little brat! You're cleaning my sheets!" Taehyung's laughter cleaned out the air, but Namjoon's mind was still buzzing.