OrcaWolfy

Orchid Story Review Shop \\ Status: Closed
pickup for Orcawolfy
_________________________________________________BOOK COVER_________________________________________Title: Receding Shores (HAHAH I kept reading this as receding shoes, and IDK why XD XD )
Author: Orcawolfy
Reviewer: Spark931
________
First Thoughts:
 - Title: Nice! Interesting. Okay, I honestly can't even be giving this specific title feedback anymore because everytime I read it now, I think 'receding shoes' which cracks the heck up out of me. I cannot even XD XD *internally crying because I forever messed up this title for you and for me* RECEDING SHOES. Like what even?? But anyway, receding shores is a pretty cool name to have. Thumbs up. Reminds of the moon and tides and stuff.
 - Description: The definitely reminds me of the comparisons everyone was starting up between blackpink and 2NE1 recently, and I'm all for it. When you introduce romance into it, the story becomes even more appealing, with the already guaranteed drama, I like it a lot! It's also short, which can be sketchy at times, but it's not bad here. The only one thing that, if I were to be nit-picky about, would be the 'who knows?' part. It sounds a little 'extra' and I think it packs less of a punch. Maybe you like it, so I'm not saying throw it out, just a suggestion.
 - Poster: SO PRETTY. Although I'm not sure why you didn't put a picture of a shore onto the book cover. Confuzzling XD. IT'S STILL VERY PRETTY THOUGH. I noticed on the book cover that your 'movie' seems to be produced by Warner Bros... how interesting * imaginary beard*

Plot: I like this plot! The only thing I'd complain about is that your description implies that romance would come later in the story, however, already at the beginning there is some, and while I appreciate romance, I think you should put it later. I was expecting it to come with time.

Grammar: No complaints, although since you're not a native English speaker, there are some areas that don't sound natural. I'd hire a native English speaker beta reader.

Style: In chapter one, you switched from 3rd POV in Jennie's section to 1st POV in Minzy's POV. May I ask why? If it's not for a reason, I wouldn't recommend that change. It makes your story seem messy. Not exactly sure if this really relates to grammar, but you seem to switch from the idols calling each other their stage names from their real names. Again, if this isn't intentional, I'd change it, but this time for sake of realisticity. (spelled wrong probably XD ) 

Characters: Not too bad. There's an obvious difference between the rookies and the sunbaes, but I'm not seeing individual character developement as much.

Overall Enjoyment: Personally, I'm not a big fan of yuri, but the story was not a bad one. One thing I'd like to note is that the story isn't quite realistic. Maybe you weren't aming for that, and that's absolutely fine. Maybe it was meant to be fluffy,  (although the cover doesn't denote that) but the romance feels cheesy with no development, and the interactions, eh? I don't have as much of a problem with the latter though, just with the romance. One thing that definitely made me enjoy your story more was its wonderful grammar and correct puntuation. I also think that poll at the end was super cool!

Tips:

     - I don't know if you were expecting this one or not, but your texts are quite unrealistic. I'm just giving this feedback in case you want to make it more realistic, however, it doesn't really take away from the story as a whole. However, possible pros may be that taking the time to make it more realistic gives readers the sense that you're paying attention to the little details, making it (possibly) more appealing for them. Besides, the text I'm giving is at the very beginning of the story, so you may even want to make it seem that way.

ORIGINAL:

To: Jennie Kim
From: Lee Chaerin

Jennie-ah, go to the dance studio when you have time to see me. (In case you're wondering, Sajangnim gave me your phone number so I could contact you)

TRY: 

[6:23 AM] CHA3R1N: yo jennie!!!

[6:23 AM] CHA3R1N: Sajangnim gave me ur phone number so i could contact u^^

[6:24 AM] CHA3R1N: jennie, wanna come to the dance studio when you got time?

**Perhaps you want it to be more formal-like; in this case, I would keep the same format as the one I have above, however keep what your body of the text message is, which few rephrasings, and maybe put the stuff in the parenthesis in a second text message. Also, just my opinion but, I am not really a fan of the '-ah.' MAybe common in Korean texting, but since it's an English story, meh.

     - It seems a little nit-picky, but this is tips afterall. So in the first chapter, which Jennie eats breakfast in, why is she eating so much? You said 'platters' of food, and when I think platters, I think extremely large plates, filled to the brim, and are meant to eat with a large group of people at a large family meal. Maybe it's word selection problems here, or something? I honestly think that she can't eat that much for breakfast, nor would she be allowed, as thin of a waist she has currently.

Thank you for requesting. I apologize terribly if there is any words that you take on account for harshness. I sincerely say that I do not want to be harsh! If you want any more help, feel free to message me privately!
 
**SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO COMPLETE THIS >.<