008

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Bin stared back at her own reflection that was in front of her. She was waiting for the elevators' doors to open but it had yet to fulfill her request. Her hand ran towards her neck as she craned it to loosen some stiff screws. She immediately bit her lower lips as her eyes focused on the digital numbers shown above the elevator doors. 

"Hey, Hae Bin?" someone called her but failed to have a response. Hae Bin was still focused on the numbers that were gradually decreasing. 

5.... 4.... 3....3. "Goddamnit!" She muttered. Rage was building up in her. 

"Hae Bin?' The person tried again. This time, she walked a few steps forward and tapped Hae Bin on the shoulder. 

Hae Bin immediately tore her furious glance from the digital plate and moved it towards the person who had called her. She immediately broke into a smile, completely forgetting about her anger towards the elevators. 

"Hey there, Na In," Hae Bin had a gummy smile as she looked at the younger girl in front of her. Na In was a few years younger than Hae Bin and was Hae Bin's favourite kid around the block. "What's up?"

"Mom told me to tell you that you have neighbors next door now," Na In replied. 

"Neighbors?" Hae Bin asked, half-shocked and half-surprised. She immediately broke down into a tiny smile. "It has been years since we did not have neighbors!" 

"Yeah," The younger girl replied. "It really had been years since... Jung Seok oppa moved... out." 

At the name of the person that Na In had mentioned, Hae Bin immediately froze and frowned. "Yeah..." She tried to smiled back but it was impossible. 

Na In, who failed to noticed Hae Bin's gloomy expression, tried to add something else. She opened but was interrupted by the sound of the elevators' door opening. Ding! The elevator responded, cutting Na In off. 

"Well, I think I have to go now, Na In. See you soon," Hae Bin hurried into the elevators, giving Na In a quick wave before pressing the elevator doors closed immediately.

"Hae Bin-ah! Can you please come in to get the food onto the table?" A voice called. The voice was soft but strong. 

"Yeah, umma. I'm coming now!" Hae Bin replied, skipping towards the kitchen, her hand holding onto a towel that was holding her wet hair. 

As Hae Bin stepped into the kitchen, the woman who called Hae Bin shook her head at the appearance of her daughter. Like her daughter, she was extremely pretty and could surpass anyone into thinking that they were sisters. But lately, Hae Bin's mother, Ms Lee- formally known as Mrs Jung- had been feeling a little ill and had refused to see a doctor, had slowly started to aged day-by-day. 

"Aiyoo... my daughter," Ms Lee sighed, resting her cheek on her palm as she shook her head. "You look horrible than usual, once again..." She shook her head one last time before turning around to pick up a pot of hot stew to hand to Hae Bin. "Place this outside and I'll br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter