019 — Date #4 Oedo Island

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm leaving," he whispered. He wiped his tears off his face and looked at Hae Bin who was already on the floor, tending to Namjoon. "Wou-would... you join me?"

This was the last thing Hae Bin had heard before Namjoon had started walking away, forcing Hae Bin to have no choice but to follow as well.

"Namjoon! Wait!" Hae Bin had been shouting repeatedly for the past few minutes of running after Namjoon. Namjoon was not even running, but his long legs did gave him the advantage to stride faster. He was completely blocked away from his surroundings, all he felt was numbness.

Namjoon was walking back to the apartment. He had gotten up early and had head down to the streets to buy some gifts for his brothers. 
"Hello," he greeted the person in front of him. The person was wearing a neat and formal-like white uniform, with a gold-looking badge pinned just above his pocket. It read, Hi, my name is Chae Hyunwoo and I will be serving you for now. 
It was weird, Namjoon had felt, how the world was becoming more unique and interesting in thinking. He had always wanted to study psychology to understand the youth's mind but he never got a chance. 
"Good morning, sir, what would you like to get today?" The server, Hyunwoo, asked Namjoon. The server's hand was crossed neatly on his abdomen, waiting for his customer to reply.
"I... I want a gift- no, actually 6- no, 7 gifts for my close friends," Namjoon replied. 
"What would you like to give them?" The server asked, walking Namjoon towards a display cabinet, filled with the most luxurious looking piece of excitement. 
Namjoon glanced at every piece of admiration carefully before his eyes land on the seven pieces of perfectness. 
He glanced up at Hyunwoo who was waiting for his next command. Namjoon then pointed at the seven pieces that he had seen. "I would like one of each please," he told Hyunwoo who gave Namjoon a nod.
"Sir, you have good eyes. These are our latest and limited edition," Hyunwoo replied, opening the cabinet to take out the seven pieces of delight. 
Namjoon smiled at Hyunwoo and nodded his head. He definitely had good eyes- and good ears for music. He scanned across the procedures of how the server had placed each piece into a tiny, well-designed box and lastly, packed all of them into another paper bag. 
Namjoon paid the server the expensive amount before exiting out of the tiny exclusive store and hurried back to his house-smiling. 
His smile immediately turnt into horror just as he entered the house. His eyes caught a quick flash passing his eyes. His eyes trailed towards his bedroom door, the room that he and Jimin had shared. He pressed his lips together as he opened the door and closed it behind him. He scanned across the quiet living room and strided towards his bedroom door. 
His hand rested uneasily on the doorknob, as if he was unsure if he should opened the door or not. 
The door was opened even when he quickly released his hand on the doorknob. Namjoon's eyes widen as he could not believe what he was seeing.
"Hy-hyung?" Namjoon uttered out, staring at the pink-haired boy in front of him.
The pink-haired boy's eyes widen immediately. He tried to say something but nothing came out.
"Jin... hyung?" Namjoon whispered. "I thoug- thought you had promised... about not going into my room..." His voice broke, just like his heart.
"Namjoon! I- I can ex-" Jin tried. 
"I thought I told you already, you're not allowed into my room and to touch my stuff randomly!" He shouted at his older brother. Angry tears streamed down his face immediately. He thought... he thought that he had made it clear for everyone, especially Jin, that his room was the only private things that he had been keeping as a secret and everyone had respected it. 
He dropped the paper bag that he was holding onto the ground. He could hear the fragile pieces breaking into other smaller pieces, unable to be fixed back again. Without another last word, he turned away and barged out of the apartment. 
His trusted brother, his true friend, his listening buddy; he had betrayed Namjoon's trust. 

"Yah!" Namjoon felt a yank on his arm that pulled his backwards. He turned around and found the tiny Hae Bin staring angrily at Namjoon.

Namjoon said nothing and rolled his eyes at her. 

"Yah!" Hae Bin shouted louder. "I know you're mad, but that doesn't mean the world has to act as if you control the world," she started and pointed at the road that was only an inch away from them. "If I did not pull you back, you would've been ran over by the car. Snap out of your pain in this cruel world for once and pay attention to your surroundings if not, consequences can happen." 

Namjoon bit his lower lips, his eyes were on the ground. "Mianhae," he whispered before turning away and started to walk away again.

"Y-Yah!" Hae Bin was also baffled that he had walked away after apologizing. "Where are you going? Your home is the other way!" And she quickly ran after him.

"Wh-where do you... want to go, Namjoon?" Hae Bin was gazing at the beautiful blue seas in front of her. She turned to the older boy in confusion. "Namjoon?"

"I'm not going to force you to go, but you can go if you want to," Namjoon whispered, he started to take small steps away from Hae Bin, towards the ticket counters.

Hae Bin opened , then closed it back, and then opened it again. "Wa-wait! Namjoon! I'll... I'll... go with... you," she replied. Namjoon gave her a sad nod of the head and proceeded to the counter to get their tickets. 

Hae Bin did not know where they were about to go, neither did she know what was installed for her, but she knew that she had to go wherever Namjoon was taking her, in her worst fear. 

Hae Bin was about four or five. She was giggling, happy that she was going on a trip with her grandparents and her sister. She sat down quietly beside her grandmother, watching as her grandmother opened up a candy with her wrinkled fingers that she had found in her purse. She took the small sugary cube from the wrapper and handed it into Hae Bin's tiny hand.
"Thank you, halmeoni," she squeaked and popped the savoury sweet into her tiny mouth. 
"How about me, halmeoni?" A voice appeared. Hae Bin turned around and found her sister holding hands with their grandfather, appoaching them. 
Hae Bin's grandmother chuckled and fished for another candy in her purse and did the same procedures to the candy as she had did to Hae Bin's. "Here, Yoo Bin," her grandmother smiled and handed the candy to her sister. 
Their grandfather chuckled, and took a seat beside Hae Bin, while Yoo Bin sitting next to their grandmother. 
"Do you like that candy, Binnie?" Her grandfather asked, tilting his head as he looked at Hae Bin preciously through his wrinkled eyes. Hae Bin's eyes sparkled as she looked at her grandfather and gave him a quick nod. 
The four of them sat in silence for a while. They were all just enjoying one's presence. Hae Bin, later on, finished the candy and got bored. So she stood on her chair and looked out of the window from the ferry that was driving s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter