041

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Numbness. That was all she felt. From the moment people started coming into the warehouse, to the moment when the unconscious boy was pulled off Hae Bin's lap. She just stayed still. Her cheeks were stained with dried up tears and her tears never came out after that. She had run out of tears to cry out. She was broken. 

Everyone around her was rushing busily in every direction. There were sirens, blindly blinking lights, stretchers scattered around and no one seem to noticed the girl, even when Jungkook was pulled out of her arms- until someone stood in front of her. 

Her head was down and she could not see the incoming person until he bent down, looking at the weak girl. 

"Hey," he whispered. "Ar-are you okay?" He knew it was a stupid question to ask but he wanted to help her.

She lifted her anemic head and locked her eyes at the person. She started to shake her head. "No," she whispered. "I'm not okay..." 

He immediately wrapped her into his embrace. "It's okay," he whispered, patting her head. "I'm here... and will always be."

"Don't touch me Hoseok... I'm covered in his blood," Hae Bin continued, trying to pull him away with no strength at all.

"I don't care," Hoseok replied. "I'm going to stay here with you. I'm going to go through this with you." 

"It's... it's all my fault, you know? If I- I-" 

"It's not!" Hoseok pressed her firmly onto his chest. "It's okay. Just cry. Cry all you need."

"Hoseok," she whispered. "I- I can't. My... tears are all gone and what's left is my broken heart." 

"No, that's not what left, Jung Hae Bin. You still have me, Jungkook and the rest of them," he started. 

"Jungkook's not even fine and it's my fault," Hae Bin replied. 

"He will, I promise you that," Hoseok smiled and pulled Hae Bin closer to him. "You had a long day today. Let's get you home now, shall we?" 

For the next few days, Hoseok had kept his promise to Hae Bin. He had been there for Hae Bin everywhere she went, from accompanying her to the police station to be interrogate by the police about Seunghyun and Yura to just... being there for her the entire time. 

Somehow, when Mr Jung came over to Ms Lee's house to visit his daughter, the two grown-ups had a fairly good talk with one another, apologizing and forgiving one another. They had felt ashamed of acting childish and were planning to get back together as well. 

And as for Jungkook's present, it broke Hae Bin's heart to find his joyful present for her in front of her face as she entered the apartment. It was the first ever thing that Jungkook had brought her and after she had bathed, she just laid on her bed, with the dog in her arms. 

Jolly, that was the name that Hae Bin had named the dog after a few days. She spent almost all her days with Jolly, in her room. She had barely came out of her room. 

Seungcheol and Nara had been treated in the hospital immediately and had gained back conscious after a few days, but not Jungkook. 

When Jungkook was sent to the hospital, he was in a criticial situation and was deemed for emergency operation that took almost eight hours. After that eight hours, he was still in an unstable condition until now. 

"Hae Bin?" Someone quietly made his way into the dark room, seeing the girl laying on her bed motionlessly. "Oh.. you're asleep. Nevermi-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter