002

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silhouette in front of her kept running. She was getting tired from running, part of it was because she was barefoot. The soles of her feet were scraped and were bleeding but she does not notice that because her only goal was to catch the thief that had stole a bag from someone who she had not seen as she was not there at the scene of the crime. 

She took another deep breath and started to run again- when something ran past her. She halted for a while, stumbling on the uneven, coarse road. Her eyes were glued to that obje- person that had ran past her. She stopped at where she was and another few people ran past her. 

She watched anxiously, as the few figures that had ran past her were chasing after the thief. The thief was not far away from them when they had speed up and had eventually caught the thief. She watched as two of the boys held the thief, pulling his hands behind his back to prevent him from trying to protest while another one pulled the thief's hand up and snatched the purse away. 

She could see the boys hesistant as if they did not know what to do with the thief, now that they had caught him. They looked around before laying their eyes at the girl who had stopped her chase due to tiredness. They looked back at one another and gave a simple nod, in communication. And almost in sync, they started to walk towards the girl.

The boy, who was wearing the black beanie that the girl had mistaken for the thief, held the bag in front of her, waiting for her to take the bag. 

The girl looked at him in confusion and opened to say something when someone arrived next to the girl.

"I think you've dropped your shoes and bag from trying to chase after the thief, miss," the oranged-haired boy who arrived had started. 

The girl diverged her attention to the boy, holding her things, and took them from his arms. "Thank you so much," the girl smiled at him. 

She was too busy trying to hold her things into her arms that she forgot about the beanie boy that had his arm extended out with the pink bag in his hands. "Erm... is this what you were chasing for?" He asked, uncomfortably. He was not used to be ignored.

The girl turned her attention to him and held the bag in her hands. "Actually, this bag isn't mine," she explained, examinating the bag to check if it was in good conditions. She looked back up at the boy again. "I saw him running away with this pink bag so I decided to chase after him because that was the right thing to do."

"Bu-" the boy actually could not believe what he was listening to.

"But before you say your 'but', can we bring this person," she pointed at the thief that was on his knees. "And this bag," she pointed her finger from the thief to the bag. "To the police station before you start ranting around, stranger?" 

Hae Bin smiled as she skipped out of the police station. Behind her, were seven boys trailing her. Some of them had an annoyed look plastered onto their faces, with their arms crossed. 

She stopped skipping and turned to the boys who immediately stopped as well as if they were monitoring Hae Bin's movements. "Thank you for helping me chase after the thief," she tried to say this formally even though she knew that there was not a big between the eight of them just by looking at it. She was about to turn and walk away when someone called her. 

"Yah!" The person shouted. 

Hae Bin froze at her place for a moment. She rolled her eyes at the rude calling but she turned anyway with a fake smile on her face. "Yes?" She asked, with her teeth gritted. 

The blonde hair dude was calling her. He did not have an annoyed look like the rest of his friends, but he was pointing his index finger at her. "You're still not wearing your shoes yet," he commented. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter