024

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It all started once two of them were gone, only leaving Jin and Jimin in the house, alone. 

Everything was going fine, until Jimin reacted. 

"Jimin!" Jin called out, placing his freshly made omelette onto a clean plate. He gently took off his apron and waited in his place, for Jimin to come out. There was no response. He creased his eyebrows as he slowly walked towards the boy's room. "Ji...min?" He twisted the doorknob to find Jimin, on the floor, his arms wrapping around his legs tightly. He mummered unaudible voices. 

He looked up at Jin, his eyes widen. "It's all my fault!" He shouted, tears streaming down his face. 

"What's... what's wrong, Jiminnie?" Jin rushed over to the small boy and wrapped him into his embrace. "Tell... tell me." 

"No!" He shouted, struggling out of Jin's embrace and stood up furiously. "Yo-you can't do anything for me!" He shouted before rushing out of the room. Jin fell onto the ground, watching helplessly as he heard a slam of another door.

"Jimin!" He shouted before rushing up to find him. He fell onto the ground once again, knocking impatiently and desperately at the unbulged door, calling Jimin out to unlock the bathroom door. He knew something was going to happen. He knew everything that was going to happen to the boys. He knew what effect they would have after the death of their precious friend.

He closed his eyes, taking deep breath as another tear fell from his face. He gathered himself up and tried to walk. He walked absent-mindedly, and before he knew it, he was at the highest point of the building. He gave himself a silly smirk and shook his head. He had promised himself never to get up there again ever since 5 years ago but here he was, at the highest point of the building, for the 10th to 11th time. It was like a slow drug. The lesser he takes it, he would want more, and there he was, up there. 

He stood up, on the uneven odd step, he looked straight, looking beneath him was the empty air, ready to pull him down whenever he was ever ready. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath before preparing. 1.... 2.... 3- His countings stop when he felt a yank on his feet, pulling him back onto the lower ground of the building. Then he heard sobbings and found the girl, he had only met for a month or so, saving him. 

He was surprised, too surprised that he cried. He finally realised... that there was someone else who was there with him, accompanying him and saving him. He was not alone. 

"Ji...Jimin..." He whispered, slowly moving his hand up, to touch the boy's shoulder. As his hand touched Jimin's shoulder, Jimin did not bulged. The two of them were in Jin's dim room, anxiously watching the girl who slept on his bed. "Jimin..." The older male tried again.

"This is probably my fault as well," the younger boy replied. He dared not look at the older boy who had pulled him out of the bathtub. He was too ashamed, to revealed his deepest and darkest secret. 

"It's not your fault, Jimin," Jin answered.

"Then what do you call this?" Jimin asked, still staring at the sleeping girl quietly. 

"It's not your fault," Jin repeated.

"Then what is it?" Jimin replied. "If... if I did not do this, she would not have been in such shock." 

"I was also the cause of her shock," Jin confessed, looking away. 

Jimin finally looked up, at the older male with a confused look. "It- It isn't..." 

"It is!" He sighed. "You're.... you're not the only one who has been suffering since Min's death five years ago. I have... everyone has!" 

"I... I didn't know..." 

"We all did not know that but I was getting a feeling of it," Jin continued. "I didn't know what you guys were suffering until now... when you tried to drown yourself in the bathroom and me... waiting to jump off the building to my... death..." 

"Hyung..." Jimin stood up, unable to say anything else. He never knew that his bubbly and hyper older-like-brother had felt this before. "I'm... I'm... I'm so sorry," he whispered, another tear slipping from his face. He quietly wrapped his arms around Jin, unable to say anything. 

"It's okay, Jiminnie," Jin smiled. "I'm just glad that you decided to open up to me. I'm so proud of you, Park Jimin, my little brother... and go bath now, I don't want you to be catching a cold." 

"Jimin!" She shouted. Her body jut forward, pulling her up straight as she took deep breaths, trying to calm her raising heart. 

"Hae Bin!" A voice cried out. She felt the person crawling up the bed as he turned to look at the breathless girl. "I'm so sorry," he whispered, staring at her. 

"Are... are you okay?" Hae Bin asked, examining his face, holding in both of her soft hands. 

"I... I am... thank you," Jimin whispered, smiling weakly. "I... I wouldn't do that anymore."

She smiled at Jimin. "Thank you... for being here, with me, Park Jimin," she whispered, smiling once again as she gazed at his unhurt face. 

"Oh... yeah," he remembered, backing up so they would have some space between them. "Jin hyung told me to bring you to the dining table once you had woken up. You must be hungry..."

"Yeah..." she nodded her head before getting off the bed to feel a pang on her shoulder. "Owh..." She hissed, gripping onto her left shoulder before falling down onto the ground. Jimin caught her before she hit the ground. 

"Are.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter