038

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another day. Another day with Min, Kim Taehyung's best friend. Min was in her last year of high school while Taehyung was in his last junior year. It was just like normal days, where Taehyung and Min would go to school together. 
"Hello there, Mr Jung," Taehyung greeted as he entered the house of Min's. It was rare for Taehyung to wake up earlier to wait for his best friend since it was the other way round- where Min was the one who would wait for him to wake up from his bed and to prepare for school.
"Hello there, Tae. You're here early," Mr Jung greeted him before proceeding to take a seat in the kitchen, reading his newspaper. 
Taehyung smiled at the man just as Min came down from upstairs.
"Tae!!" She smiled and enveloped him into her embrace. "Why so early today, sleepy head?" She asked. She knocked his head with her knuckles.
He just continued to smile at his best friend. 
"Bye dad," Min called her dad, waving her hand as she headed towards the door, followed by a puppy-like Taehyung. 
"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" Mr Jung looked up from his newspaper, glancing corcernly at his daughter.
"Tae and I are going to the coffee shop down the corner for breakfast," Min smiled and gave her last wave at Mr Jung before exiting the house. 
They walked down the street in silent, as Min's smiley face turned into a scared one. Taehyung kept quiet. He knew that Min had lied to her dad. He knew that they weren't going to the coffee shop down the corner- there was not even a coffee shop down the corner! He knew that she was going to starve herself until dinner time with Mr Jung.... just because of him. Him... as in the stalker. 
"Are... you alright?" Taehyung asked carefully, breaking the silence. It was still too early in the morning for the sun to come out but they had to get to school early... because he knew that she had feared the stalker following her in broad daylight.
"Yeah..." Min gave Taehyung a smile. She glanced at him and smiled again. "Why wouldn't I be alright when my amazing ball of sunshine is here... with me?" 
"Yeah..." Taehyung gave the older girl a weak smile before watching her skip around.

The rest of the day passed by Taehyung really quickly. His mind was only filled with worriness. He was worried about Min... a lot. He knew that she knew he had football training on that day. He knew that she was going to go back home alone today, but he was never going to allow it. He pleaded with his coach to let him skip a day of training and after a whole lot of pleading, the coach agreed. Taehyung rushed out of the school, just in time to find Min exiting the school alone. She had a hoodie on, her hands were stuffed in her pockets as she walked out of the school. 
He did ask her to stay until the end of his training but she had politely declined it, saying that she had to get back home early, and so, he decided to follow her until she reached home safely.
He kept a safe far distance away from the girl. Following her carefully, stopping and hiding when he noticed her turn around. He was a pretty good actor, so he would pretend to be a passerby, going the same direction as Min. 
After a few minutes of walking, he then realised another presence, other from him and Min. He paused for a while and glanced around, but found no one at all. He went back to find for Min but she was nowhere to be found. He tried to calm himself down, and continued to walk around, searching for the girl he had lost. 
He quickly jogged around the nearby areas, trying to search for the girl but she was nowhere to be found. "Min..." he muttered, ruffling his brown hair in frustration. "Where are you?"
He got his answer after another few minutes of walking. He was about to turn around the corner when he saw her again, on the opposite block, in a narrow alley. Her face was filled with fear but she was trying her best to look confident. He was suddenly alert. He wanted to run to her, to push the stalker away.
He gulped, and took a step forward- just as Min saw the younger boy. Her eyes widen. She was shaking her head vigrously as she looked at him in the eyes. Don't, her eyes read in fear. The stalker had her cornered. 
Taehyung stayed there, motionless. He had suddenly became a helpless 16 year old, watching his best friend being held hostage in the hands of her stalker. He continued to stare at Min. Min managed to glanced at him, forcing him to observe the stalker. 
The stalker was wearing a black hoodie, covering his head and his face.  Taehyung could not see his features, but he only recognised the watch the stalker was wearing. 
Immediately, he took his phone and snapped pictures- just as the flash went off, catching the stalker's attention. The stalker paused and then turned around. Taehyung had just enough time to lean against the wall, blocking the stalker's view of him. His breathing started to quicken. He was praying to not be caught by the stalker. He stayed there for a minute, and then another minute before he got himself to move away from the wall. 
He looked back at the alley, and found the stalker no longer there- only a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter