022 — Date #7 Masquerade Ball

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The place was swam in a mysterious aura. The songs that were playing in the entire area was those classic songs that had been suited for a ball, but this time round, it gave off a mysterious sense. The people were equally mysterious. Everyone of them had a mask on... each one telling a different stroy with different backgrounds. Everyone in the dance platform were different. Different colours of costumes were displayed, ranging from the deepest velvet to the fun pastel-like blue. 

Amongst the distinct group of people, a girl stood on the highest stairs that came down to the place. She pressed her lips together. It all was too new for her. She had not experience this new culture for her-where everyone was elegant and different. She felt dull all of a sudden. 

She stood out as the prettiest, even when her face was covered with the beautifully ornament mask. It was pink, to her dislike. She had never liked pink. Her sister was the one who would be the first one to get the pink one in everything when they were younger. It became a habit for her, to always take the different colour. 

But now that her sister was no longer here with her, she had to get the pink one, especially when someone does not know that she had a sister. She dislikes stereotypes... girls liking pink? It is true but not all girls do like pink. 

She glanced down at the ball gown she had wore. It came along with the pink mask, in a box. The dress was pink as well. It was very pretty. It was a strapless pink gown, decorated with minimal glitter to give enough sparkles. She does admit it, it was very pretty.... just that if it did not come in pink. 

"Hello there, madam," a voice crept up from behind her, sending a chill up her spine. She glanced to her left to find a taller male standing next to her. She could not see his face as it was covered by a mask. "Why aren't you down there with the guests?" He asked, looking down at the dancers that were spinning on the platform.

"I'm not used to this," she replied, brushing her curled up hair forward. She released her hair and they fall gently onto her chest. She looked worried. "This is my first time... you see..." She drifted off, staring back at the guests.

"Don't worry," she heard the stranger next to her whispered. "Would... would you like me to accompany you with the guests?" He asked. 

"Would you, sir?" She replied, glancing up at him with her warm looking eyes. There was a glint of hope in her eyes as she studied the man in front of her. 

The stranger turned around to face her and held his hand out. "I would, madam," he smiled. 

She gave him a soft smile before placing her hand onto the male's rough hand. He slowly closed his hand and they walked down, one step at a time, closer towards the crowd. 

It took almost thirty steps before they reached the ground floor, where everyone was dancing elegantly. 

He let go of her hand. She was surprised he did that, so she turned around to find him still in front of her. He offered his hand once again. "Would you be kind enough to have let this man dance with a beautiful girl called you?" He asked. 

She smiled and nodded her head once before taking a step forward, holding his hand. 

They then started to dance to the classic, slow songs. She was not such a great dancer but his sturdy moves made her feel comfortable. She took this chance to observe him. The stranger whom she had met for the first time. 

His brown soft hair was swept to the side, to form a formal look. His hair was a little wavy, so his bangs looked thick. He was just handsome... so handsome that she could not believe her eyes... so handsome that he felt so familiar to her. 

"Has... anyone told you that you are the most beautiful girl in the world?" He started. They were waltzing along with the song. 

"I beg to differ," she replied. "Have you not seen yourself. You are more of a handsome person." 

"Don't you know just standing in front of you makes my heart flutter," he replied, chuckling a little. 

"Sir stranger," she began. "I have only met you at the stairs but you've already captivate me... What is your little secret?" 

"It's no secret at all," he replied. "I just tend to work hard to be the best of how I can in front of this beautiful lady." 

This then became a war, the two of them tossing each other compliments while denying whenever one compliments them. 

They danced to one song... then another. Ten minutes went by before she stopped. She stopped the stranger as well.

"I'm tired from denying your compliments already," she told him, giving him a little smile. 

"So does that mean that you admit that you're pretty?" He asked. Her eyes widen. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter